Happy Valentine's Day?

Our Love's Got an Expiry Date [⌛]

Thank you to http://jnsterr.blogspot.com/ for the amazing poster and background!! :)

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

------LiYin’s POV------

 

“Happy Valentine’s day Yinnie!” A happy looking Eunji greeted me on the morning of February 14 when I walked out of my room. I hated this time of the year. Even our school was letting us take the day off. The reason why? I don’t know. I just know that I hate this period. I hate it even more know because Jonghyun has been disturbing me every day at school. He’s constantly bringing me chocolate when we’re off for lunch. He just doesn’t get it. I DON’T want to date him. Ever since that day when we bumped into each other, he hasn’t stopped bothering me. He’s been trying to get a date with me ever since.

 

“Ew…” I scrunched up my face in disgust as she walked by me to reach the bathroom. I heard Eunji laugh as she shut the door. I made my way downstairs. Since we didn’t have school today and yesterday was Sunday, I was able to stay up extra late to finish watching my drama, Dream High.

 

“Let’s see what’s there to eat...” I wandered into the kitchen, but when I saw what was on the table, I stopped. Sitting on the middle of the dinner table was a big bouquet of red roses. I subconsciously walked towards it, eager to find who it’s for.

 

‘Dear God, let those be for me. Please let me have a good Valentine’s Day.’ I prayed as I walked closer. As I neared the flowers, I lifted the bunch up and examined it all. Lying next to the flowers was a pink envelope.

 

“To LiYin.” It read.

 

“OH MY GOD!!” I screamed so loud that Eunji suddenly ran into the kitchen with her toothbrush still in . Then I heard footsteps coming down from the second level of the house. It was my parents. Apparently, they were still home.

 

“What’s wrong dear?” My mom asked with concern as she and my father walked towards me.

 

“Roses…” Was all I could utter out. I was still in a state where I could not think right.

 

“Oh yeah, the flower shop delivered those this morning. Do you have a boyfriend that you’re not telling us about?” My father looked at me with a surprised expression. My mom suddenly looked extremely happy.

 

“Oh my LiYin is growing up!” She exclaimed with excitement.

 

“No! I don’t have one. If I did have a boyfriend, would I be at home right now?!” I exclaimed as I looked at the flowers.

 

“Well, open it! I want to see who it’s from.” Eunji urged. The toothbrush was still in and it seemed like the foam was going to spill if she didn’t spit it out.

 

“But… there’s no guys who knows my address. Plus, I haven’t talked to any guys recently.” I frowned in confusion.

 

“Just open it dear.” My mom urged.

 

I sighed as I slowly opened the back of the envelope. Inside the paper was a red card. On the front it read, “Happy Birthday, Love!”

 

“Now that’s a cute card.” My mom giggled.

 

I opened the card and there was a little message written in pink.

 

“How about you call me up and we’ll have a little date on this wonderful day for lovers? ;)” I read out loud. I slowly moved my eyes to the bottom of the card and saw who the sender was.

 

“KIM JONGHYUN?!” I exclaimed in anger. I quickly ripped up the card and threw it on the ground. Then I took the roses and dumped them into the garbage can that was sitting right next to me.

 

“Honey! What are you doing?” My mom asked in dissatisfaction. She tried to stop me but it was no use. The roses were already in the garbage can.

 

“Stupid Kim Jonghyun.” I muttered as I walked away and opened the fridge to grab some milk so I could calm myself down. I was expecting it to be some handsome, dreamy, smart guy to be the sender, but no, it was the stupid idiot who probably sent the same gift to all the girls in the school.

 

“What’s wrong with her? Who’s Kim Jonghyun?” I heard my dad ask Eunji.

 

“Jonghyun’s one of our school’s rich, preppy kids. His father is the founder of the university and he’s been trying to ask LiYin on a date for a while now, but LiYin’s always rejecting his offer.” Eunji replied quietly as I sat on the chair in a grumpy mood, downing my 1% milk.

 

“And? What’s so bad about that?” This time it was my mom.

 

“The problem is… he’s a player. LiYin wants someone who’s loyal and doesn’t change their girlfriends like shoes.” Eunji replied with a sigh.

 

“Oh… That’s sad.” The older lady replied with a hint of sadness.

 

“Good job LiYin! That’s my girl! Dad will always support you!” My father pumped his fist up as he looked at me with a huge smile. Of course he would be happy. He doesn’t want me to date anyone right now.

 

“Yeah, whatever dad.” I mumbled with a sigh.

 

“Oh kids! The two of us won’t be home for a while. We’ve got some important business that we have to attend in China and we’re leaving in an hour or so. I’m not sure when we’ll be back, but make sure you two are behaving well.” My mother noted. My parents had to go overseas quiet often, so most of the time it was just Eunji and I at home.

 

“But today is Valentine’s Day. Aren’t you two going to do anything special?” Eunji asked.

 

“I’m afraid not dear. We’re too old for that kind of stuff anyways. Right honey?” My father nudged my mom. Oh dear, they were flirting right in front of us.

 

“Whatever you say sweetie.” My mom winked at my dad. It may look cute when adults do stuff like that on TV, but in real life, it’s just too gross for me.

 

“Alright, well have fun and be safe. You don’t have to worry about us. We’ll make sure we’re safe at all times!” I gave them a fake smile.

 

“We will. Now, we’re going to go finish packing up.” My parents said before they disappeared back up the stairs to finish what they started, which I hope it’s just packing.

 

“I’m going to go back to finish brushing my teeth.” Eunji said before going back into the bathroom.

 

I sulked in my seat. When I saw the roses on the table, I was so excited and so happy because I thought I actually had a secret admirer. When I found out it was from him, disappointment flooded all over me. Stupid jerk, getting me all excited for nothing.

 

“Looks like you’re spending another Valentine’s Day with you.” Eunji smiled when she finished using the bathroom and came sat down in the seat across from me. She was grinning like a weirdo.

 

“At least it’s better than spending it with that loser.” I groaned.

 

“Honestly, that was cute. You shouldn’t have thrown the roses like that. It would have looked really nice as a decorating piece in the house.” Eunji laughed.

 

“Eww no!” I protested with a pained expression. If I had the roses in the house, it would only remind me of his ugly face and that was something that I didn’t want to think about.

 

Eunji and I cooked some breakfast and ate it while my parents were still packing upstairs. A while after, the two adults came down to join us and they left us some important things to remember and do while they were away.

 

“Alright, I guess we’ll be on our way. You know where the keys to the cars are. Remember to call us if anything comes up. Eunji, make sure you tell LiYin to not stay up so late watching those Korean dramas.” My mom instructed.

 

“Don’t worry mom! I can handle everything!” I replied.

 

“Don’t worry Auntie, I’ll make sure everything is the same when you get back. Have a safe trip!” Eunji smiled.

 

“Bye you two. Don’t get into any trouble while we’re gone.” My dad said.

 

“We won’t! Bye mom, bye dad! Love you!” I shouted as my parents got into the back of the car. Our driver was going to be driving them to the airport like usual. We had a couple cars in the garage, but we don’t usually use them because we have a driver.

 

Once they were out of site, I shut the door and turned to Eunji.

 

“Guess what this means?!” I exclaimed. I was in a better mood now since my parents were out of the house for weeks.

 

“What?” Eunji looked at me with a weird expression.

 

“PIZZA, MOVIES, AND CHOCOLATES!!” I exclaimed with joy as I ran towards the couch to grab the remote control to turn the TV on. The two of us were going to spend the entire day watching chick flicks and eating junk food. This is what happens when we don’t have boyfriends and we only have each other.

 

“Oh dear…” I heard Eunji chuckle as she followed slowly as she shook her head with a smile.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SUBSCRIBE & LEAVE A COMMENT!