He's On Her Mind

Our Love's Got an Expiry Date [⌛]

-----Eunji’s POV-----

 

“You’re really not going to give him a chance?” I asked LiYin who was sitting next to me in the car with the huge dinosaur plopped right next to her. We had just gotten out of class and were heading back home in the car. I was shocked when Jonghyun walked into the cafeteria with a huge stuffed animal. Originally, it was supposed to be chocolates that appeared in front of LiYin, but today, it had been a huge stuffed animal. I thought it was really cute, but LiYin just thought it was childish and a waste.

 

“Just cause he bought me a huge stuffed animal? No way. He buys gifts for girls all the time, so it’s no surprise that he bought me something other than chocolate. He’s not only wasting his money, but he’s also wasting his time. I’m not going to say yes. Plus, I think I’m going to have to risk my life when I’m with him. His fan girls are freaking crazy! Don’t you remember what happened to his last girl?” LiYin reminded me.

 

The last girl who dated Jonghyun didn’t even last for a week. To me, that wouldn’t even be considered as a normal relationship. Jonghyun got tired of girls really easily. That’s why he constantly changes his partner. The girl was a freshman and she was really pretty. A lot of the guys loved her and the girls hated her. Needless to say, the girl was threatened and stalked by other girls who were major fans of Jonghyun. The poor girl got so scared that she decided to stop her schooling and rest for a while before coming back. She was hoping that everyone would forget about her after she comes back. That was before the first semester of classes ended. Cases like these are very typical in our school. Whoever dated the ‘popular’ guys was considered as an enemy to the female population unless they thought she was on the same level as the guy, but that is highly unlikely to happen because all the girls thought that the guys were way too good for anyone else.

 

“Honestly, Korean fan girls are crazy. No wonder all those Canadians and Americans think that Koreans are horrible people. I actually think that our society is kind of over the top. We take everything too seriously. Like, when we see ‘big’ girls debuting as idols, we criticize them. We’re pretty shameful.” I sighed. (A/N: Yes, I do think that the Korean society is taking everything too seriously.)

 

“Well, there’s no use in saying anything. It’s not like anyone’s going to do something about it.” LiYin spoke. She was right. No one was going to listen to what I had to say. I sat and stared out the window, wondering what kind of a world it is that we live in.

 

“You’ve got a message!” The familiar voice of LiYin’s phone rang. Seemed like she got a text message. I watched as LiYin swiped her iPhone out. The two of us actually has the same phone. A lot of people have the iPhone 4, but I didn’t know why it was so popular. The usage wasn’t any better than a normal phone. The only reason why I had one was because LiYin had gotten it for me as a Christmas gift.

 

“What the….” I heard LiYin’s expression change from normal to a disgusted look. I peered over to read it.

 

“GO ON A DATE WITH ME!!” It read. It was in capitals and the person who sent it must have been really serious. Anyone with a brain could tell who the sender was. LiYin quickly typed in a couple words before pressing the send button and putting her phone back in her pocket.

 

“What’d you say?” I asked her even though the answer was obvious. She just took her phone out and showed me the answer.

 

“NO! HOW’D YOU EVEN GET MY NUMBER?!” I read out loud. LiYin doesn’t give her number to just anyone. Jonghyun probably hacked into his father’s computer to look at the student information.

 

“You’ve got a message!” The phone rang again. Jonghyun had sent another text.

 

“I have my sources ;) If you wanna know, why don’t you try dating me?” It said.

 

“GET AWAY FROM ME!!!!!!!” LiYin typed back before shutting her phone down and putting it back in her pocket for good.

 

“Wow… he’s pretty persistent.” I mumbled with a laugh.

 

“Arggggg! He’s so annoying! Why doesn’t he get it?! I’m not going to date him and never will!” LiYin exclaimed with annoyance.

 

“This is why I’m the quiet one.” I giggled as I watched her punch the dinosaur next to her. Honestly, I was kind of a quiet person. I didn’t really like to talk much if there was no need for it. I liked to be by myself most of the time instead of out with other people.

 

“We’re like two opposites. I’m the loud one and you’re the quiet one. I guess that’s why guys like you. You’re so quiet, feminine, and pretty. I’m like the total opposite.” LiYin sulked in her seat after she was done taking out her rage on the dinosaur, which now looked like it would need a lot of plastic surgery to look good again.

 

“What are you talking about? I’m sure there are guys who like you. For example, Jonghyun.” I smiled widely.

 

“Ahhhh! Don’t even talk about him! ….” LiYin went on and on about Jonghyun. It looked exactly like a drama to me. She hates him in the beginning, but they’ll be together in the end. That’s how it happens in movies and dramas.

 

Later that night, as I was doing my homework, LiYin wandered into my room holding her phone. I looked up at her and walked to where she was because I was curious as to what she was looking at. She looked so concentrated.

 

“What are you looking at? Another scandal about your TOP? Or is G-Dragon finally with Dara?” I asked her. LiYin’s a huge fan of Big Bang. She’s been a fan ever since they first debuted. She always told me how she loved the deep, husky voice of TOP, the way GD could look good in any style, the way Daesung’s voice soothed her thoughts, the way Taeyang’s eye smile could melt any girl’s heart, and the way how Seungri dances could bring the party down. Needless to say, LiYin was a complete fan girl.

 

(A/N: I wanted to use DBSK as the boys that LiYin loves, but then it would be weird, since they’re already in the story haha… so I used another of my favorite groups.)

 

“Noo! Look at this.” She shoved the iPhone in front of my face. I saw and it was a picture of Jaejoong and Jonghyun at the club. They both had a girl sitting next to them. Jaejoong and Jonghyun were talking to each other, but the girls were just touching their body. On the tables in front of them were bottles and glasses of alcohol. The two of them were like celebrities being caught on camera by the paparazzi. The picture must have been taken by a fan from school.

 

“That’s great…” I replied with no excitement. I really didn’t care about those guys. I had no interest in where they go and who they’re with.

 

“See! Jonghyun is a no good guy! He just gave me a stuffed animal this afternoon and now he’s already at the club with some chick. This is the reason why I’m not saying yes to him.” LiYin exclaimed with annoyance. I watched as LiYin rambled on about Jonghyun being at the club. I couldn’t help but giggle quietly at her rage. It was actually quite fun to watch her go ballistic.

 

“Oh dear… I’m afraid this is the start of a new friendship.” I said quiet enough so that only I could hear. LiYin was busy walking around the room still in her annoyed state.

 

The very next morning, LiYin walked into the kitchen with a grumpy looking face. It looked like she didn’t get much sleep. Her eye bags were visible and her movements were slow, just like a turtle. I had a feeling she stayed up doing something very stupid.

 

“What’s wrong with you?” I asked her as she made her way to the table with a glass of orange juice in her left hand and a piece of toast in her right hand.

 

“I couldn’t sleep.” She simply replied. She chewed very slowly.

 

“What were you doing? Please don’t tell me you were still thinking about the thing about Jonghyun.” I mumbled. I already knew the obvious answer.

 

“It’s not my fault! He just wouldn’t get out of my head.” She groaned in pain.

 

“Couldn’t get out of your head? Haha, is there something that I should know?” I smirked at her. It looked like my comment was becoming true. The first step to a relationship is that you can’t get the guy out of your mind.

 

“What are you thinking Eunji?! The only reason why he wouldn’t get out of my head was because he kept on embarrassing me with those stupid chocolate and now the stupid dinosaur.” She protested as she dropped her food on the table and held her hands up, shaking them in protest.

 

“Alright… whatever you say.” I with a giggle.

 

“I’m serious! What? Do you think I like him?!” LiYin gasped as she realized the reason why I was teasing her.

 

“Of course not.” I laughed with a huge smile on my face. I couldn’t hide it. The more she was hyped up about it, the more the comment became true.

 

“Eunji! I don’t like him!” LiYin exclaimed with a groan.

 

“Of course you don’t! He’s just some idiot. Now hurry and get ready.” I laughed and patted her head before going upstairs to change and get ready for school.

 

‘You’ll know when the time comes LiYin.’ I smiled to myself, thinking that my best friend will soon be indulged in the world of dates and kisses.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

SUBSCRIBE & LEAVE A COMMENT!