He Asked to Go On A Date Already?!

Our Love's Got an Expiry Date [⌛]

GUESS WHAT?! I think I'm going to JYJ's concert!! I finally get to see my hubby!!

 

------Eunji’s POV------

 

“Alright, so I want all of you to read chapter 3 and finish all the questions given at the back of the chapter. We’ll be having a quiz on Monday. Make sure you all stay focused and not play around even if it’s the weekend.” Professor Choi said to us when the bell rang, indicating that class was over. My final class of the day finally ended and it was the beginning of my weekend. I grabbed all my things and placed them in my bag. I kept a pencil and my homework with me because there was a question that I didn’t understand from the lesson.

 

“Professor Choi, can you explain the reason of question number 6? I still don’t understand what it means when the author explains the theory of the brain cells.” I said. Psychology was never my best subject. I enjoyed learning how the human body functions, but some of the logic was truly hard to grasp.

 

The professor spent the next ten minutes or so explaining everything to me again. I guess in order for me to be able to fully understand something, I had to have a one-on-one session. After the ten minutes, I actually understood everything that was taught in that one hour session.

 

“Thank you Professor Choi. Have a good weekend.” I gave a small bow before grabbing my belongings and headed out the door. I was still busy writing a few points down on my notepad so I wasn’t able to see where I was going. Just as I was finishing with the last point, I suddenly bumped into someone. I ended up dropping my textbook, notepad, and pencil onto the ground.

 

“Oh sorry!” I apologized to the person without looking up. I bent down to pick up my things. Just when I was about to grab my pencil, someone’s hand beat me to it. This time, I looked up to see Kim Jaejoong kneeling right in front of me with my pencil in his hand. The two of us stood up.

 

“Here.” He said before handing my pencil to me. It was the first time that I saw him up-close. I wasn’t surprised by his features at all. I always overheard girls saying how Jaejoong’s skin is flawless, his eyes hypnotizing, and his lips soft-looking like a pillow.Rather than being absorbed by his good looks, I was more curious as to what kind of face mask he uses.

 

“Thanks.” I replied as I stuffed my pencil back in my bag and started to walk away.

 

“Wait, your drawings,” Jaejoong’s exclaimed. “They look really nice.” I turned around to see that he had his hand stretched out towards me. In his hand were the random doodles that I did during the previous class when the professor was not doing anything important.

 

Embarrassed, I quietly mumbled a thank you before swiftly taking my papers back and scurrying away. After making sure I was far from Jaejoong, I took a deep breath and looked at my papers. On the papers were just random drawings of random images from my mind. There were drawings of imaginary places like a lake that was hidden in the mountains and the color of the lake was as beautiful as the color of the sky on a nice summer day. I liked to draw, but I wasn’t very good at it. I even have sketching books at home where I just randomly take out draw in when I’m bored or when I feel like it. I never showed my drawings to anyone except for LiYin. Actually, I didn’t show her. She just found out on her own one day when she walked into my room and saw a sketch of a dress that was left on my table. Sometimes, I would even design my own dresses or accessories.

 

Jaejoong was the second person to have seen my drawings. You know how there’s always something that you don’t want to let people know about? Well, for me, it’s my drawings. Drawing is the only thing that can bring my mind to peace. I draw to express my feelings, whether it be happiness, depression, or anger. It wasn’t that I hated people looking at my pictures, but it’s because I like to hide them.

 

I walked to a nearby empty table so that I could place all my drawings back into my folder. When I thought I had gotten them all, I realized that I was missing one more. I was missing the picture of a necklace that I had designed. I spent days designing that necklace and I really liked it too.

 

“Did I drop it?” I asked myself. After collecting my things, I slowly walked back the way that I came to see if I had dropped it on the ground as I was running. A thought suddenly occurred to me.

 

‘Did Jaejoong take it?’ I thought to myself in horror. I was worried that he would show his friends. Or worse, he would throw it away like junk. I didn’t like it when my drawings went into the waste.

 

After another ten minutes of trying to find the missing puzzle, I gave up and sat down on a nearby bench, placing all my stuff on the table. I groaned in frustration.

 

“There you are.” A voice rang from beside me. I looked to see that it was Jaejoong. He was standing right there with a piece of paper in his hand. I peered closer to see that it was actually my drawing.

 

“That’s…” I began but stopped when Jaejoong placed it on my lap.

 

“You dropped this when you ran away.” He explained and took a seat beside me.

 

“Oh… Thanks.” I said and shoved my drawing neatly into my bag. Jaejoong was still there.

 

“Uh… I have to go now. Bye.” I waved to him as I got up from my seat, getting ready to leave. It was actually so awkward. It was the first time that Jaejoong and I spoke to each other. Actually, it was probably the first time that he’s seen me.

 

“Your drawings are nice.” He suddenly said, making me stop from moving. I turned to look at him. He was facing the other side, head turned so I could see his side profile. Once again, his perfect profile captured my thoughts of how he could achieve such nice skin.

 

“Thanks…” Was all that came out of my mouth. I didn’t know what else to say. Jaejoong was sure weird. He didn’t really have an expression when he talks. It made me wonder how he gets all the girls even though he’s the quiet and non-active one in his group. But then again, just by his appearance, he could get any girl to fall for him. These boys and their good looks…

 

“Uh… I’m going to leave now. Bye…” I waved to him before turning my direction towards the door.

 

“Bye Eunji.” He said back. For the nth time that day, I stopped my steps and turned to face the man. I looked at him with curiosity.

 

‘Did he just say my name?’ I asked myself in surprise. I have never talked to Jaejoong before, but he knew my name. That was definitely weird.

 

“How do you know my name?” I asked him with a frown.

 

“Jonghyun’s trying to get LiYin. You’re friends with LiYin. Jonghyun knows a lot about LiYin. Since you’re LiYin’s best friend, it’s easy to know who you are.” He replied in short, simple sentences. This time, he turned to look at me. Those eyes, those dark orbs that seemed to absorb the entire universe, were staring right into mine.

 

“That’s creepy. We’ve never met each other before and yet, you already know my name.” I spoke with a small laugh.

 

“Well, we can have a chance to know each other.” He looked at me with a brow raised.

 

“Huh?” I looked at him like he was a weirdo.

 

“Let’s go on a date.” He said bluntly. I looked at him with my eyes wide opened. I had apparently made a lot of noise when I dropped my books and bag on the ground because a lot of the students were staring at us.

 

‘What the…’

 

------Later that night at home------

 

“WHAT?! Jaejoong asked you to go on a date?!” LiYin almost spat out her dinner. I had just finished telling her what had happened earlier at school.

 

“Yeah…” I simply replied.

 

“And?! What did you say?” LiYin was eager to know the answer. She literally stood up from her seat.

 

“Of course I said no. Hello, I don’t even know the guy. All I know about him is that his name is Kim Jaejoong.” I replied.

 

“Why?! Jaejoong seems different from the others.” She wailed.

 

“Aren’t you the one who said that they’re all the same? Plus, don’t you remember that we saw a picture of him and Jonghyun at the club with girls the other night? He’s a play boy.” I pointed out. LiYin was eating her own words.

 

“Yeah, but that’s just me! Who knows? Maybe Jaejoong isn’t as bad as Jonghyun.” LiYin shrugged.

 

“LiYin, let’s be honest. All ten of them are the same.” I laughed.

 

“Okay, okay, fine. Maybe they are. But oh my god, I still can’t believe that he asked you to go on a date. Did he say why?” LiYin was getting so curious.

 

“No. All he said was ‘Let’s go on a date’. And after I rejected him, I just left.” I replied. I was honestly surprised when he said that. Never in a million years would I have predicted that someone like Jaejoong would want to go on a date with me. Why would he ask me to date him when there are tons of girls in the school who would do anything to just talk to him?

 

“I’m so proud of you Ji!” LiYin smiled brightly.

 

“For what?” I asked with a confused look.

 

“For rejecting him! You know girls these days. They’re all desperate for a boyfriend. But you! You rejected one of the hottest guys in our school!” She exclaimed with a shot of excitement. It seemed like she was more excited than me.

 

“So, what you’re saying is that you’re happy for me because some guy asked me on a date but yet, you’re in distress because a boy asked you on a date?” I laughed at her way of deciphering things.

 

“Yes…” She said after a while of thinking.

 

“Well, as long as you don’t date Jonghyun, I’m not dating Jaejoong.” I simply said with a smirk.

 

“What?! That’s unfair! That’s a stupid reason to not date Jaejoong. Let’s not drag me into this mess.” LiYin protested.

 

“It’s settled. As long as you say no to Jonghyun, I’m going to say no to Jaejoong. Jaejoong’s not that great anyways.” I smiled at her.

 

“Jonghyun is Jonghyun. Jaejoong is Jaejoong. Jaejoong is better looking, taller, smarter, and probably even richer than Jonghyun.” LiYin compared the two Kim’s.

 

 “Then why don’t you go for Jaejoong?” I asked her.

 

“Well obviously it’s because I’m not the one he likes… Duh!” She replied.

 

“So, what you’re saying is that if Jaejoong likes you, you would say yes to him?” I asked her.

 

“Probably, yeah.” She replied without hesitation.

 

“But I thought you said that you’ll never date one of those guys…” I gawked at her. She was definitely eating her own words.

 

“Well… maybe. I don’t know. Maybe Jaejoong is an exception. And Yunho. Yunho has a nice body.” She started going on about Yunho’s muscular body.

 

“LiYin…” I started.

 

“Okay, okay. Let’s just say that I won’t be liking any of them at the moment.” She held her hands up in protest.

 

I could only chuckle at her gesture. She sure changes her mind quick. But, come to think of it, Jaejoong’s qualities are pretty good. It seemed like he was one of the better ones of the group. He seemed to be a lot more mature too. I like mature guys. I don’t like guys who act like kids.

 

‘Life is complicated.’ I sighed.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

SUBSCRIBE & LEAVE A COMMENT!