First Impressions are Always Important

Our Love's Got an Expiry Date [⌛]

 

-----Jonghyun’s POV------

 

“Great, another semester of school. I’m getting so tired of this.” Minho groaned when the two of us reached the school grounds. Our break had just ended and we were already entering our second semester of classes. Because of the break, I slept really late every night and woke up really late every morning. My sleeping routine was all messed up.

 

“You wouldn’t be this tired if you didn’t go around digging chicks all the time.” I smirked.

 

“You’re the one to say that. I’m pretty sure you were the one who was bringing different girls home every night.” He replied with an evil smile.

 

“Hey, that’s cause my parents aren’t home. Don’t worry. I’ll be a good boy once they come back.” I laughed.

 

“Hah! Yeah right. If you’ll be a good boy, then that means pigs can fly.” He teased me.

 

“Whatever dude. Come on, the rest of the guys are waiting for us.” I slapped Minho’s back before jogging ahead to meet up with the rest of our friends. The ten of us were the best of friends. We were all different ages, but our families were all close with one another, so we all practically grew up together.

 

“What took you guys so long?” Yunho spoke when we got to them.

 

“Jonghyun came to pick me up late.” Minho responded.

 

“Where are Jaejoong and Junsu?” I asked. Everyone was there except for the Kim brothers. I respected Jaejoong the most out of our entire group of friends. Not because I’ve known him the longest, but because out of all the guys here, he was the most normal one. Sure, he had a lot of girls around him, but he never goes into a relationship with them. He would probably take them on a date and then just say that he’s not interested. He doesn’t play and throw away. To a lot of girls, it may look like he’s not serious with relationships at all, but I know that he won’t date just anyone. He’ll have to see how they are on the date before actually deciding if he wants to date her or not. May I add that Jaejoong has a very picky taste? He wants his girlfriend to be as perfect as possible.

 

“Oh! There they are!” Taemin exclaimed and pointed in the direction behind me. I turned around to see the infamous Kim brothers making their way towards us. Jaejoong was wearing his usual attire: dark colored hoodie, faded blue jeans, black army boots, and a pair of rocker-style sunglasses.

 

“Hey man.” I greeted one of my many best friends. Jaejoong’s family and my family are really close. Our fathers had attended university together when they were young. Just like our fathers, Jaejoong, Junsu, and I were really good friends.

 

“I’m so tired…” Junsu whined. He loved to whine. Junsu was quiet different from his older brother. Jaejoong was somewhat calmer and more hardworking while Junsu was always active and he tends to slack off.

 

“You’re tired? You’re the one who was playing games in the office whenever dad wasn’t around.” Jaejoong let out a laugh. Jaejoong and Junsu’s dad was Korea’s top lawyer. He is the founder and president of KJJ Law Corp. Whenever Jaejoong and Junsu had a long break, they would have to go to the firm to work and learn. Their father expected them both to become successful lawyers. Jaejoong was interested in that field, but knowing Junsu, he would probably want something more active, easier, and less stressful. Junsu thought that being a lawyer was too much of a challenge. He didn’t like sitting in an office all day or arguing with other lawyers as a job. He wanted to do something fun.

 

“That’s because dad is always making us do such boring jobs! Looking for evidence? Calling clients? Isn’t that supposed to be the other worker’s job? Being a lawyer is no fun…” Junsu groaned.

 

“Too bad you have no choice.” Jaejoong smirked. Jaejoong didn’t mind being a lawyer. He actually enjoyed it. He liked learning and looking at his father’s cases. Even the hardest cases could be won. Junsu on the other hand was the opposite. He liked to do something more fun and less stressful.

 

“I don’t get it. Dad has you to take over the firm, so why does he need me?” Junsu asked.

 

“Because he wants both of us to take over. If it’s just me, there’s going to be so much work. You’ll like being a lawyer Junsu. You just haven’t figured that out yet. Remember me a year ago?” Jaejoong thought back to the time when he didn’t like working at his dad’s law firm.

 

A year ago, when Jaejoong was the same age as Junsu, he hated going to his father’s work place. Jaejoong didn’t say it allowed, but I knew because he would call me and complain how much work had to be done. That all changed when Jaejoong found out how much his father had to go through in order to keep the name of the firm to its glory. There were many nights when his father wouldn’t go home and he had thought that maybe he had a mistress. Jaejoong’s mother didn’t seem the least bit concerned and so Jaejoong didn’t want to tell her anything, just because he didn’t want her mother to be in pain. For several weeks, his father didn’t come home. Jaejoong actually thought that his own father was going to abandon the family. Then one day, Jaejoong called a detective to follow everywhere his father goes. Later on, Jaejoong found out that his father had actually been sleeping at the office every night because he had a very tricky case on his hand and he was far too busy to take a break and go home. Jaejoong had doubt in his father, but it was all washed away when the truth came out. In the end, Jaejoong’s father won the case and was able to go home and finally see his family. From that day on, Jaejoong had started to admire him even more. He had started to take interest in the work that his father did.

 

“That’s just you…” Junsu raised his eyebrow.

 

“You’ll see. You’ll find out that you have a passion for law.” Jaejoong patted Junsu’s shoulder and left the premises. It was time for class.

 

My first class was accounting and none of the guys were in my class. I grabbed my books and walked towards the math department. Just as I was about to open the tinted glass door, it flung out and hit me straight in the face. I stumbled back in pain as I held my face.

 

“…” I groaned in pain as I held my nose in pain. My books were everywhere and I was sitting on the ground like an idiot.

 

“Ow…” I heard a voice groan in front of me. I looked to see a girl holding onto the side of her face. Right next to her on the ground was my math textbook. It must have hit her on the face. I looked at her groaning in pain and found that she looked really pretty.

 

‘Time to work my magic.’ I grinned as I got up and walked towards her. I was pretty sure all the normal girls in our school were a fan of our group of guys. We were really popular on campus because of our family backgrounds and our looks. Girls always swarm whenever we’re around. If the girl was hot, anything would be worth it.

 

“Sorry, are you alright?” I asked her as she squinted at me. She didn’t look surprised or shy. She looked like she was in pain. She was even better looking that from far away. Her pale, smooth looking skin looked so touchable. Her round, doll-like eyes were staring right back at mine. Her pink, plush lips looked so damn fine.

 

“Does it look like I’m alright, sir?!” She exclaimed as she stopped staring at me and placed her hands out on her sides on the ground. It looked like she was searching for something.

 

‘Sir? What the ? She doesn’t know who I am? And what is she doing?’ I thought to myself as I curiously watched her search the dirty ground with her delicate looking hands.

 

“Oh! Are you looking for you glasses?” I randomly asked as I realized what she was looking for. No wonder she was squinting at me earlier. Maybe that explains why she called me sir. She didn’t see my face.

 

“No duh.” She replied as she continued to search for it.

 

‘What a rude personality for such a lovely face.’ I thought sadly as I looked around to see if her glasses were seen. I spotted a pair of large, black frames lying on top of a black binder. On the binder was a name. Zhang LiYin.

 

‘Isn’t that Chinese?’ I thought as I stared at her last name. I picked both up and brushed off the dirt before squirting down to her height.

 

“Here Miss. Zhang.” Her name sounded beautiful, just like her face. Cliché, but it’s the truth. I passed her the binder and her glasses. She looked at me weirdly.

 

Without saying anything, she grabbed it and put it back on her face. Then she looked at me. Once again, she didn’t have a change in expression.

 

‘Hello! A handsome guy is right in front of you.’ I was trying to tell her.

 

“Thanks.” She mumbled lazily before standing up and walking away, leaving me dumbfounded.

 

“What just happened? She’s not screaming my name? She’s not trying to hug me? She’s not trying to me?!” I said to myself out loud. I was intrigued. I was surprised. I was… frustrated. I ran to catch up to her. I had to find the reason as to why she made no action towards me. A normal girl would take the chance to do something to me, but this girl just left me.

 

“Hey, hey.” I caught up to her. She looked at me with an annoyed look. She seriously needed to get rid of those glasses. They made her look normal. The black frames were covering her beauty.

 

“Do you need anything?” She raised her eyebrow at me as she stopped walking.

 

“Uh yeah… do you know who I am?” I asked her.

 

 She squinted her eyes as if to tell me that I was annoying her.

 

“Well, back there, you just stared at me. Wasn’t there anything you wanted to do or say to me?” I asked her.

 

“Why would there be something that I would need to say?” She asked me as she crossed her arms across her chest. This girl was feisty and hard to handle.

 

“Well, cause...” I couldn’t think of a smart reason to say back.

 

“No need Kim Jonghyun. I know who you are. You’re one of them. Who doesn’t know you? All you guys think that you can get any girl anytime and anywhere. Well, just to let you know, I’m NOT interested so please stop wasting my time.” She spoke as she walked away once again. This time, I didn’t follow her. Instead, I stayed back and watched her leave.

 

“She knows my name… but she hates me?” I asked myself in surprise.

 

Girls never rejected me. If it was rejection, it would be done by me. Being rejected sure . Too bad I’m not the type of person to give up so easily.

 

“Just you wait Zhang LiYin. I’m not giving up.” I smirked as I watched her until I couldn’t see her anymore.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SUBSCRIBE & LEAVE A COMMENT!