Being cupid is not easy

Never Ending Tales

Sorry for my lame title

Please enjoy reading

______________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Somewhere in SM HQ
 
A blonde petite girl walked into an almost empty hallway casually. Her tiredness was clearly shown on her face thanks to her busy schedule.
 
As for tonight, she has a dance training for her group next comeback. To make it  worse the dance choreography is the most complex one among all dance they had ever did. 
 
She sighed lightly and headed to her training room. If her tiredness was apparent before, it had disappeared after she's seeing an unexpected view in front of her.
 
The room's door is open widely enough for her to witness it and her hands like having it's own auto-control grabbed her iphone and snapped the shocking view.
 
-click-
 
The snap sound shocked the participants in the room and crushed the said view before.
 
"Damn it. Why did every camera must have a sound?"
 
She quickly hide her phone, hoping that the two victims did not realize it which they are not. She stepped into the room casually and tried to act like her ignorant self.
 
*cough, cough*
 
The oldest one in the room woke up from the her awkward state and staring at the the girl who just recently witnessed her embarrassing incident. Her blush still apparent at her white fair-skin face.
 
"Sunny...." she said with her stern voice, there's hidden message within it
 
"I won't delete it"
 
"Wha?!"
 
"......"
 
"That was an incident, Sunny. It's not what you think"
 
"So?!..."
 
"So, delete it. What if others see it? They will misunderstand about us" the older girl tried to reasoning
 
"Well, it's not like they don't already. To be honest, i'm starting to doubt it if you guys are actually pretend as a couple or NOT"
 
"What are you talking about? It was an incident. Say something, Soo!"
 
 
Flashback
 
As usual the leader arrived early to sm building for snsd next dance practice. Partially because she, unlike other members who like to have fun with their friends, prefer to stay at the dorm and only goes out for her work schedules.
 
She's not antisocial. That's what she told herself. She's prefer to call herself as a private person. Only open up to the people who are really close to her. She only close to her family, some of her friends and group members .
 
"Like her..." the older girl sighed heavily.
 
She really miss to spend time with the girl like before, when they are free from fame and responsibilities. But she knows that it's nearly impossible for them right now, mainly thanks to Tiffany's boyfriend and their duty as the members from a popular girlgroup.
 
Her entrance in the room being welcomed by a sight of one of her groupmate practicing passionately in the dim-light room.The girl dancing alone to a slow music coming from the room's sound system, oblivious to the other girl arriving.
 
"Good evening, Sooyoung" she greeted, playfully interupting the girl
 
"Oh, hi Taeyeon. I thought you're a brat kid from next room or something.."
 
"Haha, so funny. Why are you so early today? Usually you were the last one arrives for our practice"
 
"......I just want to clear up my mind, that's all. Practice sometimes help me forget things"
 
Her face somehow betrayed her answer but the older girl knows better than to push it any longer.
 
"Fair enough. What are you dancing to? A ballad?"
 
"It's a ballad instrumental from Kenny G. One of his best songs"
 
"Owh, okay"
 
"Umm, can you be my partner? I can't dance this choreo properly without a partner" the girl looked at her leader hopefully
 
"What?! I can't dance.. this kind of dance"
 
"Yeah, right. I will teach you each steps. Just follow me"
 
*Sigh* "Whatever" what Sooyoung wants she get, the older girl surrendered
 
"Come here. Since you're shorter than me..." Taeyeon snorted when she heard it
 
"You'll take the female role.." Sooyoung put Taeyeon's hand to her shoulder "..while i'll take the male one" she circling her hands around Taeyeon's waist
 
 
Sooyoung then start the music and started guiding Taeyeon to sway along the music. Eventhough she's kinda awkward with the steps at the beginning, the older girl manage to get used to it after a while. Sometimes, she steps over Sooyoung's feet but the girl only smiled fondly and continuing their dance.
 
She almost feels like she's dancing with a prince charming like in those romantic movies except this prince is a female and likes to annoy her sometimes. Still, she feels really comfortable with the girl and enjoyed the slow dance.
 
Out of sudden, she felt Sooyoung's legs tangling with her's and causing them to lost their balance, towards
Sooyoung's side. Taeyeon quickly shifted their position to let her fall first since she'd acknowledged Sooyoung past injury at her back. This fall will only worsen Sooyoung's back if she falls first.
 
-Thumph-
 
"Ouch!" "Ummph!"
 
Both women groaned from the sudden fall with Taeyeon successfully cushioning their fall.
 
"Oh my gosh! Are you alright Tae?!" Sooyoung panicked after she'd realized she's falling onto her partner
 
Taeyeon only groaned as the response, rubbing her painful head. She opened her eyes to be greet with a pair of worried and concerned eyes on her.
 
"I'm okay" she smiled, don't want to worry the girl more
 
-Click-
 
The clicking sound brought the girls attention towards it's source, a petite blond-haired girl with a phone, obviously had took their picture beforehand. Why indeed?
 
Only then, they had realized their current position. With Sooyoung at the top, her legs innocently in between Taeyeon's thighs while her hands supporting her weight. Both beside Taeyeon's side. And their face dangerously close to each other, almost intimate.
 
If other people see it like our lucky guest here, they will definitely thought they have interrupted a private and intimate interaction between those girls which indeed the lucky guest now thought off.
 
And without missed a beat, she managed to capture the precious moment in her phone.
 
End flashback
 
 
Taeyeon almost lose her patience toward the stubborn girl while the other girl stays silent. Either she's still shocked from the incident or can't produce any coherent words or both.
 
"Soo! Say something!" 
 
"Sigh.... Sunny, i do love Taeyeon" at last she'd spoke after being urged by her unnie
 
"Aha!" "What?!"
 
"Let me finished first, will you! I love Tae. But you, the most observant one between us knows better there are no such thing between me and Taeyeon. Beside she's too blind for her love to Tiffany that i don't think she's aware of my love for her" Sooyoung said playfully in one breath
 
*cricket*
 
"Bwahaha!!! You got me there, Soo! Hahhaaha" Sunny laughed loudly, obviously amused
 
"Yah! What do you mean that i'm too blind. You are just too tall for my liking! I looked like your child everytime i stand next to you!" Taeyeon huffed
 
The short (i mean) the older girl argued back in order to hide her blushing face out of embarrasment. The younger girl smiled fondly while she pats her supposed to be unnie's head. A red-faced Taeyeon is too adorable, she can't helped it.
 
"You get it, didn't you?" she's staring back at Sunny, demand for her to delete the picture
 
"Okay, okay. I get it. It's an UNFORTUNATE incident but i won't delete it....yet. It was needed in my next plan"
 
"What plan?" the already calm Taeyeon asked
 
"Duh, that plan. That jealousy plan, remember?"
 
"Aaahhh..."
 
"What it has to do with the pic?" Sooyoung said with a puzzled expression, mirrorred Taeyeon's face
 
"You will see..." Sunny trailled off
 
The room's door creak signaling the arrival of the other members forcing their  incoming conversation to halt.
 
"Don't worry. Trust me" Sunny winked playfully (with Sootae rolled their eyes after that) before she went to her partner in crime, who's now entering the room with the other girls
 
 
Sunny's POV
 
"Yoona~" i skipped happily to the tall-lanky girl
 
"What is it, unnie? Just say it" Yoona facepalmed while she let herself being dragged by Sunny away from the others to an empty room's corner
 
"Mou, why did you have to greet me with that face?"
 
"You're strangely happy today. Either you want something from me or you'd found interesting's thing to play with today"
 
"Both actually"
 
I giggled, yes, i'm really excited for my next plan. I'm taking out my phone and shows her my 'secret weapon'. Her face turned to something like a mix of between shocked, excited and palpitation?
 
"..Unnie..." yeah and i think she had lost the ability to speak too
 
"This is our next mission. We will show this picture to each of our targets.."
 
"How? I can't show it like 'Unnie, i have a picture of Sooyoung and Taeyeon's unnie making out'. I'll definitely looks like a ert" the girl pouted
 
"Yah! Thinks of some else. For an example, compile this pic with your selcas collection. Then pretend to show them your selca. And then ta-da! They will see it, accidently"
 
"Unnie! You're so genius. Send that picture to me. I'm getting excited"
 
She clapped happily and taking out her phone, obviously getting excited with my plan. To be honest
i'm starting to enjoy being cupid. Especially when i can gearing up my brain to construct evil plans like this to help people.
 
".....U-unnie" suddenly Yoona pointing at something behind me.
 
"What?!" i turned my head, feels weird by her sudden terrified face
 
For some reason, i'd regretted for turned my head because Tiffany's unreadable face greeted me. Her face shows numerous expressions, which i can't identified while her eyes staring at my phone that have the scandalous picture on the screen.
 
Me and Yoona have frozen in our spot, obviously freaking out of what her reaction might be.
 
"Hey, what are you guys looking at?" a silky voice suddenly heard behind her
 
The awkwardness between us seems doubled with the voice's owner presence because that owner is non-other than Jessica. She'd spotted the picture, since i'm still frozen including my hand that holding up the phone.
 
As expected, her previous cheery mood dropped drasticly after she'd seen the picture.
 
"Um-umm this pic-"
 
"You shouldn't taking picture like this, Sunny-ah. It's wrong" Tiffany interrupted me with her bright smiling face. Too bright actually that i'm getting goosebumps. It's getting creepy.
 
"A-ah, i'm sorry. I'll deleted it right away" me and Yoona laughed awkwardly, trying to ease the awkward atmosphere between us
 
"Good, excuse me then" she rushed to the front door, passing Jessica who's now has a broken face
 
"Tiffany! Where are you going?! Our practice will start soon" the clueless Taeyeon asked. The girl ignored the call without spares her any glance.
 
Jessica also followed her American's mate. Not before she gave her infamous glare to our direction and Sooyoung too that make the girl shivered. I know she is because i'm too. I can sense two glares coming from them after Jeti had gone behind the door.
 
Maybe i should reconsider back my thoughts about being a cupid.
 
"Welp.. I deserve it..."
 
"At least you had complished your mission, unnie " Yoona shrugged
 
"Yeah, maybe i should reconsider it"
 
______________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
I'm still alive. Yeah, i know. I rarely update. *sobs*
 
Tbh, I want to make a romantic scene between the couples but it's unexpectedly harder than i thought. So i come up with this chapter instead. (Thanks to Sootae's cute moments. Hehe, they are so cute)
 
                                            
 
I'll watch and read more romantic stories from now on because i won't abandon this story. Wish me luck