02

spring memoirs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 02 - Eyes of Chocolate

 

“YAH!”

 

A voice attacks my ear.

 

“YAH!”

 It hits me again with its brutal force.

 

I jump in surprise and almost fall over, but luckily catch myself just in time. Unfortunately it’s a different story for my guitar. It plops right out of my hand and dives straight into the water. I choke on my grief as I watch it calmly float away into the sunset. No! You left me too soon. We’ve only been together for a month!  I reach my hand out wishing I could simply jump in after it.

 

“YAH!”

 

It’s the stupid voice again that makes me lurch forward. This time though, I quickly swing myself off the bridge before the voice can knock me off into the waters.

 

“YAH! Do you want to die?!” I scream back as I turn to find out who was responsible for doing this, this – to my guitar! To my surprise it’s a girl with glossy chocolate eyes that almost put me under a spell. She has long dark hair that is loosely braided and blameless bangs that almost cover her eyes. Her clothes are a mess – paint splattered & wet. She looks taken back as her eyes scream innocence. I almost forget why I’m mad at her.

 

“Are you okay?” she whispers as she tilts her head peering at me observantly.

 

No I am not okay! Look what you did crazy girl! You knocked my guitar out of my hands!

 

“Do I look okay?!” I give her a cold glare. She gives me another intent look that stains my face crimson red. I hastily glance away before my whole face can break out blushing.

 

“I thought you were going to jump in…..” her voice trails confused

 

“Do you want me to jump in?! I might as well now!” I scoff. I know I sound horribly childish but -

 

“Omo! Did you drop your guitar in the water?!” she gasps.

 

“Me?! You did!” I throw my head back frustrated.

 

“Me?”

 

“Yes! Who else is there?!” I glare “You knocked my guitar ri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter