05

spring memoirs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 5 – Lonely Dwellings

Suzy’s POV

 

 

Nine Years into the Past – October 10th – Lonely Day

 

 ► Play Memory

 

It was birthday. October 10th. To me it was a special day. I made myself my own little birthday cake with a recipe crafted thoughtfully in my head. It was a magical cake made of pixie dust, sugar, and love; and though it wasn’t presentable like the pretty cakes that littered the counters at a bakery, I can, in all truth, say that it tasted like joy.

 

“I’m turning seven today. Would you like to celebrate my birthday with me?” I shyly ask.

 

My eyes timidly hide behind my long bangs as I present my magical cake to my fellow classmates; Jiyeon, Sulli, and Hara. All four of us had grown up together in the same division of town. Them being different from me. While they grew up to be best friends, the inseparable trio, as close as sisters- there was me, the other girl. I’m the naturally quiet one, the girl who wants to talk but just doesn’t know the right things to say. I’m that girl who watches people from the sidelines, sometimes wishing I could gather up the courage just to say the words “hi! My name is bae suzy”

 

I have three imaginary friends that are very kind to me, but you see, sometimes there still is the lonely pang in my heart that aches for some warm comfort. I’ve gone through millions of dandelion puffs, pennies thrown in fountains, and shooting stars- just for a simple wish: I don’t want to be lonely anymore.

 

I don’t want to be lonely anymore.

 

Please.

 

“I made a cake. Would you like to celebrate my birthday with me?” I repeat louder as I see that they have not noticed my presence. “Excuse me”

 

The girls turn around in surprise and I can’t interpret the look on their faces.

 

“You call that a cake?” the one called Jiyeon snorts loudly. “For my birthday, my daddy bought me a cake that was worth one million won! It was custom made by a famous cake person from Europe. It had pink frills and bows and even my nam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter