13

spring memoirs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13 – Castles & Decomposition

 

 

(Suzy)

I nervously play with the ends of my long dark brown hair as I glance at my reflection in the mirror. I’m wearing a cerulean blue sundress that flows down to my knees with a white, laced short-sleeves and a bisque colored bow tied at my waist. It’s the only thing decent attire in my closet, among all the paint-ridden blouses and coffee-stained dresses.

 

The sundress fits nicely and I even briefly notice that my usual pale complexion has turned a shade warmer.

 

I’m even curious myself why I took the time to dress up

 

But in all truth, I know the reason why {stupid heart}

 

 

The pavements are swept and sunny as I make my way across, hands clutching the rims of my bag to steady them from shaking.

 

“The ice cream parlor down by the creek. 9 am tomorrow. Be there”  Myungsoo’s voice still seems to linger like a ghost.

 

I catch myself smiling like an idiot and quickly look down hoping nobody saw. (It’s not a date anyways, I quietly remind myself)

 

“Bae Suzy” I hear my voice called just as I’m about to turn around the corner into the ice cream parlor.

           

Reluctantly I force my eyes up to see Jiyeon and herd of her giggling friends.

 

“What are you doing ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter