Waiting

The Howling - Part II: The Curse of the Full Moon

 

Jongin almost drifted off at the feel of Joonmyun's warmth, despite being so warm himself, and he opened his eyes to stop fromf alling asleep as he felt Joonmyun's hand helping to stabilize him. "So--... I'll try to stop," he murmured sheepishly, feeling much like he wanted to sink into a big black hole in the floor.
 
A couple of times he almost lost his footing and sagged against Joonmyun, but by the time they'd made it to the door, he was feeling a little better, but he knew that as soon as Joonmyun let him go, he'd probably fall over - if the spinning of the room was any indication - and he touched the door frame carefully before gently pulling away from the elder.
 
"Don't worry... I won't inflict any more embarrassment on you," he said softly, giving the elder a small smile before he breathed out. "If I fall, or if I need help, I'll call for you. Or... I'll get you to wake Taemin up."
 
jongin swallowed a little, and pushed open the door before he slipped inside and closed the door behind him, leaning against the wood as he tried to stop the world from spinning, and his head from aching long enough to stand at the toilet and pee.

 

Despite Jongin pulling away, Joonmyun still kept his grip on the younger male, afraid that he'd fall if he let go. If being unashamed would help Jongin and assure that he wouldn't get injured, the the elder was just going to have to it up, but the teen seemed to want to make things easier on him as well. He wasn't too keen on letting the boy walk alone, but Jongin seemed to know what he was doing, and he appeared to think that he'd be okay, so Joonmyun had to trust him. 
 
With a nod, Joonmyun let go, standing just outside the door as Jongin went in alone. He kept most his attention on the boy, listening for any odd sound that might signal that he was in trouble, but he couldn't help but let his eyes flit over to the still sleeping lump that was Taemin. He was so comfortable and at ease around these people, but Joonmyun had to remember that he was one of them. 
 
As he waited for Jongin, Joonmyun attempted to suppress the growing number of questions he had for the boy: why won't you turn? why is Kai so different? But, perhaps the most prominent thing that came to mind was one of the first things that had been said, or rather cut off before they could have been spoken. It had to do with Jongin liking him, so of course he was curious; he could only hope that his curiosity wouldn't get him into trouble. 

 

Jongin breathed out slowly, pushing himself off the door and into the room. For a moment everything spun, and he almost fell sideways right into the bath again before he caught hold of the sink and managed to stop himself. Grunting a little, he shuffled towards the toilet, one hand on the wall to keep himself up as he went about his business. Once he was done, he carefully made his way back to the sink, still wobbly enough that it took him a few minutes to get there, before he could wash his hands.
 
He looked up at himself carefully, eyeing his features as he noted how tired he looked, how worn out, and he made a face at himself before he turned away and used the last of his stability to walk over to the door without aid. Which... ended up with him falling forward into the door. He opened it carefully - no doubt Joonmyun had heard the thud - and gave the elder male a careful, sheepish smile.
 
"...Woops," he mumbled, eyes closing as he leaned into the door frame. "I suppose you have questions, huh? You can ask me later... if you want. After you've slept, because I doubt you've done that, huh..."

 

The /thud/ against the door startled Joonmyun, but before he could react, it was opening and Jongin appeared, using the frame for support. His smile did nothing to comfort the elder, but he still returned a small grin, grateful that he had done as well as he did. 
 
It shouldn't have been a surprise that Jongin knew that Joonmyun had questions, but it was annoying that he wanted to put them off until later. The elder would have none of that; he felt that if he didn't get answers soon, that he wouldn't get them for a while, and he wasn't sure how long he could wait. 
 
"I've gone this long without sleeping," Joonmyun replied, not denying that he hadn't slept. "I think it could wait for another few minutes." But hopefully not much longer than that, because he was tired and he wanted at least a bit of rest before the moon rose again tonight and they went through the whole process again. "But first, let's get you back to bed; you standing there makes me nervous." 
 
Without waiting for permission to touch, Joonmyun looped an arm around Jongin's waist and pulled the boy's good arm of his shoulder. He seemed to do better this time, or maybe it was just that the elder knew what to expect and he was better prepared; the stumbles were caught sooner and even prevented, but Joonmyun was still relieved when Jongin was back on the matress. 
 
After taking a deep breath he stepped back, settling on the edge of the chair and waiting.... just waiting....