Midday Excursion

The Howling - Part II: The Curse of the Full Moon

 

The younger boy hummed softly at the warm feel of the bedd beneath him, his eyes still on Joonmyun as he watched the elder mull over thoughts, perhaps tinking about wat he'd told him a few minutes ago, before he rolled onto his side and smiled. "I don't see why not. None of them will come near the gardens since the full moon makes all the wolfsbane come out into full bloom, an wolves aren't as... graceful as humans in that they aren't as successful at dodging stuff."
 
Besides, the pack moved to the forest during the full moon, spending the three days in which they were animal to hunt and to fully enjoy the fact that they were bound to one form. Jongin, on the other hand, hated roaming the forest, and if he turned, he'd stay in the gardens, or in his room and not come out until he'd turne back.
 
After a moment, he sat up and glanced towards the balcony. "We should take Taemin with us, he doesn't get outside all that much either. Yunho and Jaejoong are way too protective of him...Do you want to go now?"
 
His voice trailed off and he found himself almost blushing as he gazed down at himself. "... Once I'm dressed; of course. I totally forgot I was still in my boxers..."

 

Joonmyun's head snapped up in surprise and he blinked for a moment before realizing that Jongin had as good as told him yes. He'd almost forgotten about the wolfsbane, but it concerned him that the boy might be affected by it more now than he had earlier in the week, it being the full moon and all. Jongin didn't seemed too bothered, though, and a wide grin broke out on his face. 
 
Of course he wanted to go now, before he was stuck in this room again for the night, before he had nothing to do but watch TV and play video games. Before he had too much time on his hands where his mind could wander more than he wanted. 
 
"Let's go then!" He chirpped loudly, pushing himself up and back over Jongin's legs before shuffling over to the dresser where he produced a clean pair of sweats and a shirt. Joonmyun tossed them on Jongin's lap before speeding over to the balcony door to fetch Taemin. The boy was rather disgruntled when he was interrupted -- "I was in the middle of a good part" -- but the elder ignored him and pushed him back into the bedroom. 

 

Jongin couldn't help but smile at Joonmyun's enthusiasm, catching the sweats and shirt as they were thrown at him, and he tugged them on as the elder went out to get Taemin. He heard the whine that came from his brother, and giggled a bit before shaking his head. 
 
"Come on, Taetae... We're going outside. The garden, you like the garden, right? Don't be such a moody teenager..." he teased, sticking out his tongue as he shuffled over to the door, ignoring the ache in his head and body, and waited until they were both ready, before he unbolted the door. 
 
Jaejoong, Yunho and Changmin weren't around, no doubt they'd gone to the forest with the rest of the pack, and they'd probably only come back if Yoochun decided to cause trouble. That was a good thing - probably - as Jongin opened the door and waited for Joonmyun and a still grumbling Taemin to step out into the hallway before he followed and closed the door.
 
"Go on, grumpy ," Jongin chuckled, nudging Taemin's back towards the kitchen and the stairs that led outside.
 
Taemin made an incoherent grunting noise and flashed a wide gri at Joonmyun and Jongin before he half ran forward towards the far door.

 

Joonmyun was on Jongin's heels -- perhaps a little too close -- as the boy approached the door, unbolted it, and opened it for the other two. After taking a hesitant look, he shuffled out into the hall and waited rather impatiently before following along side Jongin, giggling at the grumpy Taemin. He felt bad for tearing the boy away from his reading, but he really wanted to go outside and Jongin wanted the younger to come along. 
 
"Sorry, /Taetae/," he said, a slight tease to the apology. "But I think a little fresh air might do us all some good." Then again, with the wolfsbane, it could be bad, but Joonmyun.... he... had to trust that Jongin knew what he was doing; he wouldn't lead them into something bad, or at least Joonmyun didn't think he would, because he'd tried to hard to keep them out of trouble. 
 
Joonmyun arched an eyebrow at the grin that Taemin gave them before turning to Jongin, giving him a questioning look. "What was that for?" Taemin seemed like the kind of kid who might have tried to play pranks, and Joonmyun hopedprayedbegged that he wouldn't pull anything on them, not today.