Refreshing Kisses of the Skin

The Howling - Part II: The Curse of the Full Moon

 

A slight snicker left Jongin, and he lightly patted Joonmyun's arm in a sense of making him feel better. "It's okay... Taemin's just being a kid. He'll most likely run through the gardens and make you find him. And don't worry about the wolfsbane, it won't hurt Taemin. Not until he turns 16 and goes through the first transformation..." 
 
He smiled, and wandered down the hall after Taemin, who had just disappeared outside and down the stairs. "Trust me, it's okay. He isn't going to prank you. Taemin spends all his time pranking the guys and Sunny, he wouldn't try it on you..."
 
He opened the door and waited for Joonmyun to step outside before he followed, taking in a deep breath of the fresh air as he ran his fingers through his hair in an attempt to fix it up before he stepped down the stairs and looked around. "Want a grand tour?"

 

With a soft smile, Joonmyun nodded and stepped outside into the fresh afternoon air. It was amazing what being out in the open did to change the older boy's mood, and a grin broke out on his face not even a moment after Jongin closed the door. He'd practically grown up outside, though, running through the woods, riding bikes through town, playing soccer on the field at school during recess. Being outside was like breaking; if he went to long without, he would suffocate. 
 
The gardens were the same as they had been before, except more bright and frivolous in color, purple petals blooming in patches here and there, and the large circle of it that Joonmyun could see not too far away. As much as he wanted the safety that the plants offered, Joonmyun wanted to run around, to rid himself of pent up energy, and he had a feeling that Jongin wouldn't mind. 
 
At the bottom of the stairs, Joonmyun turned to face Jongin, a playful smile on his lips as he leaned forward and whispered. "You're it~" He pulled back cautiously, taking a moment to wonder if Jongin understood before reaching out and tapping the boy's shoulder. The second Joonmyun pulled away, he whipped around and took off down the path to his right, completely undure of where it led, but being unafraid because he knew Jongin would find him no matter what. 

 

Jongin breathed out slowly, eyes drifting over the bright purple flowers that had bloomed because of the full moon. For a moment he wanted to go back inside, to go hide in his room until the full moon had pssed, but Joonmyun had wanted to be outside and Jongin wanted to be with Joonmyun. 
 
He chuckled softly when he saw Taemin's honeyed brown locks disappear past a rose bush, and then felt a warm tickle on his skin. The elder's words made him look around in shock, and he blinked in shock at Joonmyun before he flushed faintly and waited until the elder had tapped his shoulder before he grinned. Oh... Right. He'd heard of this game. Taemin often played it with Jaejoong, Yunho and changmin.
 
Jongin smiled, watching as Joonmyun took off down the path and disappeared from view. He chuckled a little, tilting his head up and breathing in slowly. There it was, Joonmyun's warm, sweet scent on the breeze, distinguishable from the scent of roses and wolfsbane and the various other flowers in the gardens, and he turned carefully, stepping down a different path as he followed the elder's scent.

 

Joonmyun's laughter echoed through the garden as he put distance between him and Jongin, taking odd turns here and there; ineviatbly, he was lost, but Jongin would find him and bring him out of this maze. His only concern now was if they would make it back before the full moon. He had a feeling that the boy would play around a bit, give the elder sometime to run around and pretend that he was winning, but Jongin would always know where he was and would find him when the time came. 
 
But Joonmyun wanted to play this game fairly; some part of him wanted Jongin to find him quickly. "I know you can catch me, Jongin~" He sang out before ducking down another pathway when he came too close to the perimiter of the garden. His pace was steady, bare feet padding against the ground as he lost himself amongst the leaves and flowers. 
 
For the first time in a week, perhaps in months, he felt free. There was still that feeling of being trapped, held captive, but he let that all go for the time being, enjoying the fresh air as kissed his skin, the cool spring wind as it toussled his hair. It was pleasant and he didn't want to let it go.