Chapter 13 [[ a.k.a Author is lazy and doesn't want to think of a title for this. ]]

The Howling - Part II: The Curse of the Full Moon

 

Jongin's lips had just closed over the end of the watermelon chunk, his teeth had just sunk into the sweet flesh, and a few drops of juice dribbled down his chin before he managed to stop them, and he choked slightly on the watermelon as Joonmyun grinned and chuckled at him. He wiped his face and pouted, then stuck his tongue out at the elder. "Well, then... I burn everything else, I even ruin ramyeon. It's almost impossible to ruin that stuff, and I do... every /single/ time."
 
He trailed off and shook his head, smiling in spite of himself as he reached for a grape, eyeing it carefully before he popped it into his mouth and chewed thoughtfully. 
 
"That would be nice, Joonmyun. I'm sure they'd really like it, especially since they'll all be pretty buggered for the first few days after the last night of the full moon. Usually someone goes and orders copious amounts of food from one fo the fast food restaurants in town for the first day or so until Sunny feels like cooking again..."

 

"We'll just have to make something other than ramen then, hm?" Joonmyun teased, smiled still on his lips as he grabbed an apple chunk and fell back against the mattress. He let his mind wander to times he'd cooked with the women in his family, the recipies they had taught him, and he wondered what he could make. For Sunny and the boys, he thought that white-chocolate chocolate chip cookies would be nice, or maybe even a cake. 
 
At the mention of what the others usually did for meals after the full moon, Joonmyun made a face. He wasn't one for fast food, and it more than often made him sick. At that point, the elder went about thinking of the actual meals he made before. So long as the kitchen was stocked with what he needed -- and no doubt it was -- he'd be more than happy to cook if it meant that he didn't have to eat fast food. 
 
After chewing up his apple, he voiced his idea. "I can cook, if that's okay. I don't mind..... because fast food actually makes me sick." As much work as it would be to feed the pack, Joonmyun knew it was better than risking a day or two of incapacitation. 

 

He didn't miss the tease in Joonmyun's voice, and grabbed one last piece of watermelon - a smaller one that he could eat in one bite - from the container before closing the lid and crawling back up to lie on his back beside Joonmyun. "Me too...I usually eat whatever's left over in the fridge - fast food these days are so oily and... ugh..."
 
Jongin trailed off as if he were a diva, waving his hands in the air for effect before he laughed and rolled onto his stomach, nuzzling his face into his pillows. "Taemin can help us; Sunny's been teaching him, and he's a better cook than I am..."
 
Shaking his head, he sighed out and shifted so his eyes were settled on Joonmyun, his hair ruffled and sticking up at odd angles as he clutched at the pillow. This was nice... being able to talk to Joonmyun, despite everything that had happened the night before, despite the fact that Jongin's head ached like he'd been smacked with a hammer, and despite knowing that he was still... wrong, that some part - perhaps all of Joonmyun - still didn't trust him, wouldn't ever trust him...maybe Joonmyun was just acting nice to get Jongin to trust him and help him escape.

 

A small chuckled bubbled from Joonmyun's chest at Jongin's 'diva' act, and he rolled over onto his stomach, burying his face in one of the pillows before turning to watch the younger boy. It was then, in that long moment of silence that he was able to think, and he realized that he was trying too hard, trying to forget last night, because it was frightening to think that he was in such close quarters with someone so strong and powerful. 
 
He let his mind wander a bit more, though, thinking over the past few hours and what had happened the night before. For a long while, he drifted over what Jongin had told him about imprinting, and a tight feeling in his chest said that the boy was keeping something from him, that he wasn't telling the entire truth. Jongin had to have a reason though, because he promised to protect him. He promised. 
 
With a soft sigh, he turned and nuzzled into the pillows, voice mumbled as he spoke. "Would it be a good idea to hang out in the garden for a while before the moon rises?" Joonmyun had the distinct feeling that it was a terriblehorribleawful idea -- Jae /did/ tell them not to open the door or leave the room -- but he didn't like being couped up in this room all day, and it was worth a shot.