Side Story: Generosity Wins

Too Good To Be True

 

 
 
8:45 am 
 
"Hgnnn......" JaeHwa groans as she stretched her arms and opened her eyes.
She yawns and sits up, seeing that TaeMin is comfortably curled up at the end of the bed, still sleeping. She tip toes out the bedroom and starts making breakfast. 
30 minutes later, TaeMin wakes up to smell smoke. His eyes widened as he quickly jumps out of bed and into the kitchen, only to see JaeHwa cooking up a bonfire pancake. TaeMin quickly changes into a human and gets rid of the fire and opens out the windows to get the smoke out.
 
"You ppabo!! Are you trying to burn the place down?!" TaeMin scolded her.
 
JaeHwa doesn't say anything but holds on to her right hand flinching in pain. TaeMin noticed something red glowing on her palm and grabs it to examine it.
 
He sighs. "Ppabo." He pulls her over the sink and rinses her hand in cold water. 
 
"O-ouch.." JaeHwa pulls away but TaeMin grabs it again and places it in the water anyways.
 
While her hand was in the icy cold water, he grabs the first aid kit and pulls out bandages. TaeMin grabs JaeHwa's hand again and wraps the bandage over her hand, but the way he wraps it was so messy. JaeHwa smiles at his generosity. 
 
"Um.. Thanks.." She looked down, hiding her guilt and embarrassment.
 
TaeMin doesn't say anything and sighs. He ties up his hair and grabs the apron, then heads to the kitchen.
JaeHwa sits and tries to look through the little window in the kitchen to see what he was doing.
*What is he doing?* "..." JaeHwa stares at her messed up bandaged hand and a smile appears out of no where. JaeHwa suddenly realizes it and covers . *What's up with me?*
TaeMin places the plate of hot ddukbokki with a 2 forks.
JaeHWa looks up with a 'WTF You cook?' face.
 
"Eat up." He goes back to the kitchen and puts away the apron. He comes back to see that JaeHwa didn't even take a single bite, nor has she touched the spoon.
 
"Aren't you eating?" He asked her.
 
She shook her head. "I was suppose to cook for you..."
 
TaeMin sits next to her. He pats her back. "Maybe next time." He smiles.
 
JaeHwa blushes but TaeMin didn't see when he grabbed for the fork and took a bite.
 
 
 
 
*Yeah. Next time.* JaeHwa smiles and joins him.