8

Vanishing Acts

I just wanted a long good rest and some drama I can cry my heart out while watching. I honestly wasn't expecting anything at all. Chunji was waiting at the back-door of the computer lab when the lesson ended, and since it was already late I was pleasantly surprised.

"I've been lookin' for you." He smiles.

"What's wrong?"

Chunji doesn't reveal anything more as he grabs my elbows and marches forward, dragging me with him. He takes me to the carpark of the university campus where he forces me to get in his new yellow car he's been boasting about the entire week, and drives us off to a 'mysterious location'. I admit I was rather suspicious, but then since its Chunji, I decided to trust him wholeheartedly.

"Why are you so quiet?" He asks.

I tug at the seat-belt, trying to find a comfortable position. "You're not gonna tell me where we're going anyway."

"Heh. I was just about to tell you."

I sit up straight, ready to listen. He swallows, taking his time as he gloats over my impatience and suspense.

"Baro called me a few minutes before I left the school, and he said I had to drive you to the n tower."

I my head, surprised. "N tower? Why would he.."

Chunji shrugs, yawning as the tall bright tower appeared in sight. "I don't know, but he definitely has something up his sleeve. Jinnie-ah.." He frowns at me. "You aren't two-timing Sandeul, are you?"

"I'm not! Yah! How can you question my morals!"

"Well.. i'm not sure if i should be saying this.. but i'm not an idiot. Its not like i can't tell how much Baro likes you."

I roll my eyes at him. "Like you know Baro that well. C'mon, he doesn't even study here, do you really even know him?"

"Hey!" He stops the car. "Jinyoung hyung asks me out along too, and Baro always goes out with Jinyoung! Baro is my good friend too!"

"And that doesn't prove anything about him liking me. Lee Chanhee, your point is invalid." I stick my tongue out at him and cross my arms.

He grins creepily. "He talks about you alot, and he smiles when i talk about you~"

"AHA!" I grin back. "You talk about me too? Aww, lee chanhee, are you in love with me too?"

He pretends to gag. "Yah! Just get off!"

I giggle, waving until his car disappears from sight. Letting out a big sigh, i walk into the enclosed space, wondering what Baro has in store for me. I see him waiting at the cafe entrance, all his attention focused on his phone so it wasn't hard at all for me to creep up to him and yell right into his ear. He jumps up, eyes wide.

"OH MY GOD. Don't ever do that again."

"Why did you ask chunji oppa to kidnap me here?"

Baro doesn't answer my question and instead stares at me in a really creepy way.

"Hmm, i guess you don't need the clothes, then. You look pretty okay like this."

I narrow my eyes. "What's going on?"

"C'mon, we got no time to lose. Somebody's getting impatient."

As he slips his warm hand into mine and drags me along with him, a thought starts to form and i stop dead in my tracks, glaring at him.

"Is that somebody lee sandeul?"

Baro yawns, avoiding my eyes intentionally.

"I don't know. Let's just go, i wanna show you something."

"Cha baro, if its lee sandeul i'm gonna kill you, get it?" I threaten, poking his ribs but he just ignores me and continues to drag me forward with his bull strength, and we get into the elevator.

Up, up, up, and up.

When the doors open, i get out, but Baro stays in.

"Arent you coming with me?"

He shakes his head, jabbing the 'close' button. "Congratulations in advance."

And then the door shuts.

Feeling confused, I look around. I've been here a few times, so I have no idea why Baro is doing this, or what on earth is even happening. Until all the lights are suddenly turned off.

My first instinct is to scream and tear up, since i've always had a phobia of being in the dark alone. It took a while to realize I was in somebody's arms as I wipe my eyes dry. Sandeul's scent, no doubt.

"Long time no see. Hi." He whispers.

"I don't wanna talk to you." I push him away. "I have no time to play around like this with you either. If you don't mind, i need to go home. I'm tired and i need to sleep."

"I'm soooorry. You can't stay mad at me.."

"Are you reeeeally sorry?" I imitate his aegyo as the lights come back on and there he is, wearing a fluffy black beanie.

"Yes!" He nods with puppy eyes. "Don't be mad."

I gave in. I can't stay mad at him. at all.

"Look at the world down there." He puts his hands on my shoulders and pushes me forward from behind until we both stopped at the railings. "It's so small."

"Yeah." I mumble, looking at all the city lights. "So beautiful, too."

"I've been thinkin' of this for a while now, and this plan was meant to be carried out sooner, but I can't possibly delay this anymore. You know i'm not good at words, and neither am i good at confessions.."

I kinda knew what was coming before he got on his knee on the floor, pulling out a ring with a star-shaped diamond. Definitely customized.

"Will you marry me?"

I blink a few times and secretly pinch myself to make sure i'm not dreaming. I know we've been planning for a while now, but i just didn't expect him to ask it this soon. And to be honest, i'm not sure if i want to get married too because i'm still young. But he's reaching the ripe age to get married too.

But how can i possibly reject him?

"Put it on." I tease, holding out my hand. He doesn't react immediately, and his reactions were all delayed as he put on the ring hurriedly before suffocating me in a really tight hug.

"Thank you. I was so scared you wouldnt say yes. Then everything i prepared would be in vain." He chuckles. "Fireworks scheduled at exactly 9:50PM, oh, and i booked this venue for like, 1 hour too."

My mouth drops open. "Wow, must have cost you a bomb."

"Of course it did." Sandeul sighs. "You wouldn't believe how expensive it is. But now, look at the sky, baby."

He spins me around so we were both facing the velvet coloured sky as he gives me a perfect back hug. The fireworks were amazing, felt so much like an illusion, but it was over quickly. In just a few seconds.

"Sorry, babe, didnt have much money." He places a soft kiss on the top of my head. "I love you."

"I love you too."

===

My heart raced at the sight of Lee Sandeul outside my door in the middle of the night. I quickly rushed to the  mirror to check if i looked okay before letting him in.

"What brings you here in the middle of the night, your majesty?" I ask teasingly, because he seems to be bursting with joy. He hops in excitedly, waving at me although i'm just right in front of him.

"Annyeong!"

"Annyeong. Why are you so happy?"

He lifts up his black plastic bags. "Got us lots of soju. Got a super big piece of good news." He jumps onto the sofa himself. "Bring us some cups, dayoung."

I giggle, racing over to get the cups and racing to him. Racing, because he's too hard to get. He pours the soju for us and seems to drink it quickly.

"I thought someone said he didn't drink?" 

He blushes a deep red, but continues drinking anyway. "Only soju, keke. But i cant drink soju well too."

"So whats the big news?"

"Can you believe it?" He rubs his face. "I proposed to jinnie and she accepted me! Damn, should have just proposed a long long time ago."

He failed to see my smile fade, and its impossible to describe how shattered i am.

"Oh.. that's.. great."

"I know, right?!" He beams. "Gosh, im so happy. I couldnt really go to the other boys, because i got a feelin' they like her too. SO here i am, dayoung, my new best friend!"

He's starting to get a little drunk, judging from how his speech is starting to slur.

"I'm so happy, dayoung, i'm so happy!"

I don't know what to say as I keep drinking directly from the bottle. Sandeul blabbers on and on about what memories he shared with her.

"I'm sorry i," He hiccups. "i caused your friendship with her to come to this state."

"Its kay." i smile sadly.

"Thank you," he hiccups again, "dayoungie dongsaeng."

Thats when it hits me. That's all i can ever be. His dongsaeng. If im not going to do anything to change that fact, then nothing's gonna change.

===

 

I was having a nasty headache when i opened my eyes, groaning in misery. There was a girl lying beside me, her back to me as she slept soundly. I smile, twirling her long black hair.

Jinnie has the nicest hair. But i think she changed her shampoo.

Slowly, i traced her curves, admiring her milky white complexion until my touch wakes her up. She yawns, stretching, and i pull her close to me, getting hard again. But the warmth she radiates from her body is amazing. There's a strong stench of alcohol, though.

"Good morning, beautiful." I greet, and nearly died when the girl in my arms turned back to look at me.

Its not Jinnie.

Its not Jinnie at all.

Its Dayoung.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N ; Heheh omg chunji is my second bias ^.^ I think my third would be Niel; gosh he's so funny!! :D I can't find subbed 3rd episodes onward for teentop making of the artist season 2, do you guys know where to find it? :(

Btw N tower is Seoul Namsan tower! ^^ super breath taking <3