4th Anniversary

Vanishing Acts

My watch beeps and I bite down on my lip, calling Sandeul again. We agreed to meet at 4PM after my lessons, but I have been waiting for three hours straight. Could something have happened to him? No one answers the phone and I call Baro immediately. Baro offers to check Sandeul's house and I decide to head to Shine, me and Sandeul's favourite restaurant because of the excellent service and great food. I send him a text message, telling him where I was headed to but Baro calls me before I could finish typing the message.

"Where are you now?"

"He asked me to wait for him beside the Han River. Where all the benches are." I look around for any sign of any approaching person.

"Stay there, i'll be right over." Baro promises, and hangs up the phone. I delete the text i wanted to send Sandeul and tried calling him again, but he doesn't pick up. Rubbing my hands together for warmth, I admire the river's pretty night-view. It's so cold the river is frozen, but the ice reflects the street-lights, making the rier look dazzling. What could have made him so busy he doesn't even turn up for our 4th anniversary date? However, i keep a smile on, thinking about all the moments we spent together blissfully. I waited for at least anotehr 20 minutes before two warm hands cover my eyes. I grin, thinking that Sandeul is finally here.

"Oppa!"

"It's Baro oppa." Baro sits down beside me, and I can't help but bite my lip in disappointment. 

"I sent Jinyoung hyung over." He ruffles my hair like he always does and then pinches my cheeks, only to press both of his warm gloved hands against my cheeks. "Why is your face so cold?"

"I've been waiting for Sandeul oppa..."

Baro starts to look pissed. "How long has it been?"

"Three hours..." I whisper. Baro sighs, and removes his white scarf, wrapping it around my neck and covering the bottom half of my face.

"Idiot. Look at how thin your coat is. And your scarf is so small!"

"Do you think something happened to Sandeul oppa?" I ask quietly, Baro's warm scarf. The smell of his colonge is really strong, but I like it.

"No." Baro smiles, putting his arm around me and pulls me close to him so that his body heat made me feel better. "Sandeul will protect himself for you." He assures, and I grin, leaning into him. "We'll just wait for Jinyoung's call."

As if on cue, Baro's phone rings. His ringtone is PSY's gangnam style. Keke!

"Hyung, is he at home? ... No? Got it. I'm with her now ... Arasso." Baro slides his thin phone back into his pocket.

"He isn't at home?" I ask worriedly, and Baro nods. He pulls me up.

"Let's go get you some dinner. Bet you haven't had any, right?" Baro removes his own gloves and slip them onto my hands to that I was wearing 2 layers of gloves. I text Sandeul, telling him I was heading to Shine and to please call me. Baro puts his own hands into his coat pockets, and pulls up the collar of the jacket underneath his coat.

"Oppa, are you cold?" 

Baro just shakes his head. Shine was just a comfortable 15-minute walk away and my body was still freezing cold as we arrived at the entrance. To be honest, I don't feel very well. I feel ill. But I hand Baro his gloves and scarf back as we walk into the crowded restaurant. My stomach rumbles loudly, blaming me for neglecting it and I rub it in apology. I turn to ask Baro what he wanted to eat but his eyes were fixed on something else. 

He looks horrified.

I follow his gaze, only to see a familiar face with brown hair that was nicely styled today. He was drinking a glass of red wine leisurely, his plate empty. Opposite him was a lady, and her back looks strangely familiar as well...

Lee Sandeul.

He looks my way and catches my eye, and then he breaks into a huge smile, waving at us to go over. That's when the female turned. 

Dayoung.

My feet remains rooted to the ground, but Baro pulls me over.

"Lee Sandeul..." Baro's voice was trembling with rage. "You left Jinnie waiting out in the freezing cold for over 3 hours and you're here happily having dinner with another woman?!"

Sandeul's eyes widen, and he covers his mouth. "I forgot about it!"

My heart shatters into a billion pieces and I dab at the tears that had formed in the corner of my eyes. Tugging at Baro's sleeve, I whisper to leave. He puts his arm around me supportively and with trembling legs, we walk out of the undisturbed busy restaurant. The snow crunches behind me and Sandeul hugs me from the back tightly, hands around my waist in a tight lock.

"I'm so sorry, i didn't mean to..." He whispers, and I wipe away my tears while prying his hands apart.

"I don't want to see or talk to you now." I state calmly, before continuing my journey with Baro. This time, Sandeul doesn't chase after us.

===

"Annyeong oppa." I beam at the sight of Jinyoung. He smiles.

"Hello, sunbae-nim." Chunji bows while sitting down and Jinyoung chuckles, waving his hands.

"Ayeee~ do away with the formalities." He pats Chunji's head, flattening his spiked up hair. Chunji pouts, messing Jinyoung's fringe in return. The two of them break into laughter, and I know they have become friends. Guys are really easy to get along with, they're so simple-minded.

"Where's our duck?" Jinyoung asks, and I look away deliberately.

"Don't know." I reply coldly. I have no wish to talk about that person right now.

"Had a tiff?" Jinyoung smirks, and I just shrug. Chunji seems to have caught up with the situation. "Ho ho ho, criminal's here." Jinyoung raises his eyebrows, and I groan, lying my head down. I don't want to see both him and Dayoung. Yet.

"Baby." Sandeul tugs at my hair and I shift towards Chunji pointedly. Sandeul sits down opposite me, beside Jinyoung.

"Let's go, Chun." I shake Chunji's arm. He gets my hint and stands up with me.

"Bye, sunbae." Chunji beams at Jinyoung. He offers to hold my bag while Sandeul just looks at Jinyoung with pleading eyes. "Let's go, cow." 

"Yah! What's up with calling me cow?" I laugh, playfully hitting him as we walk away from the criminal. Chunji sticks his tongue out at me.

"Because you like to drink milk!" He spins around twice, magically producing a carton of milk from his bag. I take it, giggling.

"Awww, thanks, marshmallow." 

"Yah! Cowsy!" Chunji takes the milk back playfully.

It's really nice to have friends that can make you smile wherever you are.

===

The doorbell rings and I open the door. Sandeul enters, slamming the door shut and I let out a sigh of relief. He scared me to death when i peeped through the door-hole and no one was there. I guess he was hiding.

"I'm sorry. It's my fault. Forgive me." Sandeul mumbles those three simple sentences softly and my blood starts to boil again.

"Yeah, thanks for the memorable fourth anniversary, baby." I say angrily.

"I didn't mean to. Give me a chance to make up to you." Sandeul whimpers, and I just turn away. I really don't want to forgive him. Yet.

"Give me more time to chill." I reply, hoping he'd get the hint and leave. Instead, he does the exact opposite by hugging me, burying his face in the curve of my neck. 

"I can't wait. It's driving me mad, i miss you so bad. I can't watch you go off with that Chunji guy."

"Yes, and i sure had a lot of fun and happiness watching you and Dayoung." I smile sweetly. "How could you? She's my best friend, you stupid mutt." I push him away. He stubbornly hugs me again.

"Your mutt." He locks our lips together and picks me up bridal-style into my bedroom.

"Yah. I'm still really pissed." I state bluntly. He chuckles, crawling beside me. He removes his grey jacket, revealing a white T-shirt.

"Not gonna you." He smiles cheekily and wraps his jacket around my body. "You smell like me now. You smell like my property." He seems to have forgotten he's still in disgrace as he kisses my forehead.

"Whatever you say." I roll my eyes at him, taking the jacket off, wanting to get out of bed but he holds on to my hand tight. Then he puts the jacket around me again. He sniffs at my hair, and then grins widely.

"You used my shampoo!" He teases. That's just cause I ran out of mine. I ignore him pointedly, shutting my eyes and pulling the blanket over me.

"Don't." Sandeul sighs. "We're not supposed to fight over these things. We're supposed to fight over childish things like you staring at other guys, me saying you're fat... not over this."

"Sandeul..." I whisper. Okay. He's uwillingly sort of forgiven by my heart. Curse you.

"Hmm?" He pulls the blanket off. "Don't worry, i'd love you for all of eternity."

"Are you sure?"

"Absolute. You know something? Other people's love last for a lifetime. But our love, baby," his breath tickles my earlobes as he cuddles with me. "is gonna last for all of eternity."

I just close my eyes and try to block out the anger i should be feeling.

"What can i do, you're just like my virus. There's no known cure." He kisses my lips. "But it's not like i mind. I love you so much."

"I love you too." I whisper back.

"Little fox." Sandeul teases. He calls me that because he thinks i'm as sly as a fox. Don't ask me why. "Mine. You're all mine. The one and only word to describe you would be mine. Lee Sandeul's. You are all of my love."

 

 

A/N ; Lalala Sandeul's side of the story will be in the next chapter ^^ Dayoung the badass tsktsk~