Chapter 1

Vanishing Acts

He's at it again. Lee Sandeul. He's acting weird again. I think he's going crazy.

"Do you understand, Lee Jinnie?" Sandeul beams as I prop myself up with my elbows. I shake my head at him, giving him my most innocent look. Someone give me a halo. Sandeul sighs and face-palms. "To simplify it, I am going to school. With you."

"You are coming to university with me?"

Sandeul nods seriously, handing me a stack of documents. "I just have to work on weekends. I reached an agreement with my dad. He agrees that it's good to study now, too, so that i can run the company better in the future. You see, jinnie, he just doesn't know we're gonna study in the same university. Besides, that way, i can see you all the time."

"You see me all the time, deul." I roll my eyes.

"Hey, through skype doesn't count, okay? You're always going on stupid overseas study trips. Do you know how lonely i was?" Sandeul pouts. "Anyway, we're gonna be together most of the time."

"Does jinyoung oppa know?" Jinyoung is a senior in the same university. Sandeul shakes his head.

"I'm gonna surprise him!"

"You're gonna be a senior too, right?" 

"I'd rather be a junior with you, but sadly, i can't..." Sandeul whimpers. "But it's okay, as long as i get to see you."

"Oh really, Sandeul, only you will do something like this." He's impossible, but i'm loving that idea. Sandeul rolls about on the bed like a kid. My bed. "Come here."

"No, you come and roll with me."

"Yah! You're rolling on my feet!" 

===

I should have known. I should have known about the army of fangirls Sandeul would gain. My boyfriend is so good-looking, of course they'd all love him. Of course they will. Leaning against the wall, I watch Sandeul run past me frantically as two girls chase behind him.

"Oppa! Please give me your phone number!"

"Oppa! Where are you going to?"

"He's kinda cute." Dayoung comments. She's my good friend. I raise an eyebrow, wondering if i should tell Dayoung that Sandeul is my boyfriend. But i decide against it. It'd be fun watching the fangirls chase after Sandeul. He can lose weight too, so either way it's a win-win solution. Moreover, i think he enjoys the attention secretly. He didn't even tell them he has a girlfriend. And that's me. And imagine the number of haters i'd gain if they knew I was dating Sandeul. I already gained an unhealthy number of haters after being close with Jinyoung, another popular senior.

"Yeah, he is." I reply Dayoung.

"Just not as cute as Jinyoung yet." She adds as Jinyoung walks towards us. He looks at the direction Sandeul ran off in.

"Can i talk to you for a moment, jinnie?" Jinyoung requests, looking at Dayoung. Dayoung moves away automatically, walking lazily into the lecture hall. "Woah, aren't you jealous at the attention Sandeul's getting?"

"No, why should I be?" I laugh. There, there, girls are shooting me glares now. Jinyoung chuckles.

"He was as popular back in highschool, then. He and Baro were the bomb, both of them being the same age. Sandeul dated some girls, but Baro never did, and there were a hell lot of rumours going about saying that Baro is gay." 

"I wonder how he feels about gaining so many fangirls on the first day of school."

"Those fangirls are actually annoying, you know." Jinyoung sighs as we start walking to the library. We go to the library alot. "Oh ."

That's my first time hearing gentle jinyoung curse, and something's gotta be very wrong. I raise an eyebrow, waiting for him to explain himself.

"Sorry jin, let me use you for a moment." Jinyoung whispers before hugging me in the middle of the hallway. It's the first time he has done this, and i wonder why as i look around me. Girls, angry girls everywhere. Thank you, jinyoung. Thank you.

"Whats up?" I ask as jinyoung lets go of me.

"Mian, i saw this really crazy stalker of mine. She wouldnt believe i have a girlfriend, so i'd just have to prove it to her."

"Talking about it, its time you get a girlfriend too, oppa." I giggle, forgiving him after understanding his intentions. Jinyoung scowls at me. "What do you think of Dayoung?"

"Dayoung? The girl beside you just now?"

"Yeah, that's Dayoung. She's quite pretty, isn't she? And she has a good impression of you, too. I could matchmake you guys." I suggest.

Jinyoung shakes his head, pinching my cheek. "Nah, no thanks. What's meant to be, is meant to be."

We enter the libary, sitting at our usual corner table behind a huge shelf. Privacy. It's surprisingly quiet and empty in the library today. Jinyoung takes out his vibrating phone and answers it in a low whisper. "Hello? ... Ah ... We're in the library, it's on the second floor, all the way at the end. K, see ya, bye."

"Sandeul?" I ask as soon as he hangs up. Jinyoung nods. 

"I have a feeling that all of them will come to this university after Sandeul now. That is gonna be a nightmare." Jinyoung face-palms, and i giggle at that idea. Jinyoung will have to take care of a bunch of kids even in school, that must be a nightmare. We read quietly before the thundering footsteps of Sandeul announces his arrival. An out-of-breath Sandeul grabs a chair and squeezes in between me and Jinyoung stubbornly, all the time panting loudly.

"Those girls here are ing insane." He mutters.

"Dont you like it?" I tease as he puffs out his cheek. Random aegyo.

"No. Why dont you join my fanclub too, and be the leader? I'd like it, then~" Sandeul says cheekily as we hold hands. Jinyoung chuckles.

"I got used to the fangirls, deul."

"Show-off, hyung!" Sandeul sticks his tongue out at the older male and turns back to me. "Anyway, dont stick around with jinyoung hyung too much! There are alot of rumours of you and jinyoung dating, and trust me, i dont like it one bit."

"Why dont you go and announce that Jinnie is your girlfriend?" Jinyoung suggests, rolling his eyes. 

"She isnt my girlfriend." Sandeul says seriously. Huh? "She's my wife." He continues cheesily, and Jinyoung pretends to gag.

"I cant even stand being in the presence of you two now. I'm off, bye." Jinyoung gathers his books and smiles at me.

"Hyung~ dont go~" Sandeul whimpers while leaning back on his chair. Ah, this fake little duck. Jinyoung pokes Sandeul's face as well. He loves touching people's faces.

"Bye, our deul, have fun!"

"No, hyung, dont go!" Sandeul calls out urgently while grabbing Jinyoung's hand. Jinyoung laughs wickedly.

"If you continue to hold on, i'd really not go."

Sandeul lets go of jinyoung's hand immediately and Jinyoung walks away. "Hyung ah! Dont go!" Sandeul continues to whimper and I'm laughing like a maniac as Jinyoung disappears from sight.

"Oh, stop it, you!" I giggle. Sandeul grins, wrapping his arms around me.

"How was your day?"

"Hmm, i had fun watching you get chased." I admit, and he pouts.

"Why didnt you help me? You evil worm."

"It was amusing." 

Sandeul kisses the tip of my nose.

"You're sitting at the wrong place." He says, and i frown. Sensing my confusion, he points at his own laps. "Your position is here."

"Yah!" I hit his arm. "This is a library, for crying out loud."

"Hey, it was never anything ual. You're reading too much into it." Sandeul looks innocently at me, making me blush. You know how innocent he can look. He continues to hug me anyway.

"We're gonna create lots of memories here." I whisper, feeling safe in his arms.

"And babies."

"Lee Sandeul." I warn.

"Oh, no!" Sandeul suddenly sits up, his eyes wide open. 

"What?" 

"I left my pencil case in my classroom... i'm sure that girl with the cat eyes took it! She had been watching me the entire time! I bet she cast a spell on me just to make me forget to take my pencil case so she could take it. And you know what, it was my FAVOURITE duck pencil case! The one Baro bought me for my birthday last year..."

"Oh, Sandeul ah..." I cover my own face, laughing so hard my belly button might drop off. "What should i do with you?"

"Make babies?" Sandeul suggests.

"NO. We're not even married."

"Let's just practise making babies, then." Sandeul whispers under his breath before turning back to me with a bright and innocent smile.

"Hey, hey, hey, i heard that!"

"That was my intention." He retorts.

"I'm calling jinyoung oppa back here."

"No, he wouldnt like to see this." Sandeul beams before kissing me.