Kissing Oppa

Mrs. Kim

The boys had a long day. They performed their song without any trouble. Then they had interviews and variety show appearances but throughout the entire day Kangin couldn’t shake what Leeteuk had said to him earlier that day. He truly adored Olivia and he was being careful but he did worry about what others thought. He pretty much used up all his chances to get back into the hearts of Koreans after his scandals. His decision to go to the military was to reflect on changing which he did and also to show the Korean people he was serious and responsible. He knew full well if he added Olivia in the mix now things would be rocky. But he didn’t want to lose her. Still only knowing her for a little while he had to play things cool. Go slow, see where things would lead. He decided to text her.

 

Hey

 

I thought you were going to call me because you wanted to hear my voice.

 

Kangin smiled and quickly replied.

 

I’m in the car with my band mates. I don’t want them to hear our conversation.

 

You embarrassed of me already. (She was joking with him)

 

Kangin’s eyes bulged.

 

Of course not! They are just noisy that’s all.

 

I’m playing with you Oppa. I can’t talk on the phone either. We are having a party at the apartment well it’s not really a party but a get together with some friends. We are watching a movie and eating loads of kimbap.

 

Are there any guys there?

 

Is Oppa jealous? Yes but they are boyfriends of some of my friends. I don’t have a boyfriend.

 

I see.

 

Olivia didn’t quickly reply. Kangin got a little nervous.

 

Are you relieved Oppa.

 

Yes.

 

Olivia smiled at that text.

 

“Get off your dang phone Olivia. My gosh I know we work together but I hardly get to see you,” whined Rachel

“Stop being a brat Rachel, my gosh,” Olivia put her phone down on her lap

“Who are you talking to anyways? You finally got a boyfriend,” she tried to grab her phone

“Whoa Jungmin control your girlfriend. Invasion of privacy is not allowed,” she stood up to avoid Rachel’s hands

“I’m sorry Olivia, you know how she gets,” he laughed

“Well you’re smiling a lot at your phone and I know it’s not your family that’s making you do that. Why are you hiding it?” she grabbed her for it again, Olivia blocked her

“I’m not hiding anything. I have nothing to hide Miss Noisy,” she ran in the kitchen

“Olivia,” she laughed as she chased her

“Act your age Rachel, control,” she ran around the island in the kitchen

“Let me see,” her phone chimed

 

I will talk to you later maybe not tonight. I’m really tired.

 

Olivia tried to quickly read her text before Rachel got her hands on the phone but she failed.

 

“Rachel!”

“OMG!”

Everyone stopped watching the movie and turned to the girls in the kitchen.

“You can’t say anything. We have very noisy employees,” she whispered to Rachel who quickly gave her the phone back. She didn’t want Olivia to get death threats so she decided to give her the phone back

“So you know who she’s texting,” Sora asked Rachel

“No, her wallpaper is none other than…I can’t even say, it’s too embarrassing,” she smiled at Olivia

She mouthed a thank you to Rachel and they all continued watching the movie.

 

Later that night after everyone went home; Olivia was getting ready for bed. She looked at her phone again and read Young-woon Oppa’s text. She didn’t think he was still awake since it was 11pm but she texted him anyways.

 

I wished you had time to call but I hope you are taking care of yourself and I will talk to you later. Good night.

 

20 minutes passed before she got a respond. She was about to drift off to sleep.

 

I got one better for you. I want to take you out. Saturday I actually have an early schedule, a photo shoot and then I’m free. Why don’t we hang out?

 

We can? In public? Sure if it’s ok=)

Great when I will pick you at 3. Good night.

 

Good night Oppa=)

 

Kangin was gambling with his life and hers but for once he had to stop caring about what people thought. He so badly wanted to be in her world, he was willing to do anything.

 

The rest of the week went so slow for Olivia. She only told Sungkyung and Rachel about her date with Young-woon Oppa and they were so excited for her. They secretly kept talking about Saturday and what she should wear; they were making her actually nervous. But she couldn’t think about it too much. She decided she was going to have fun and whatever the outcome was going to be, that’s that way it was going to be.

“Unnie,”

Olivia finally realized Luna and Sulli were standing at the doorway waiting for their English lesson.

“Hi girls, come in,” she smiled at the girls

Luna and Sulli were a part of F(x), SM’s other girl group. Since Exo became super busy, she was tutoring these girls instead, which she didn’t mind. She needed a break from Baekhyun’s constant glances and Kai, Sehun, Tao and Chanyeol unlimited supply of gifts.

“How are you doing Olivia Unnie? You looked as if you were away somewhere,” said Luna as they sat down

“No I wasn’t but don’t tell anyone this but having a break from Exo is really nice,”

“Unnie would love to take your place,” laughed Sulli and Luna nudged her in the ribs

“What?” Olivia perked up, clasped her hands together and leaned forward

“Yea Olivia Unnie he is very handsome and he has a lovely voice. His voice is so good that Luna Unnie literally melts every time she hears it; though she doesn’t have the confidence to tell him. I think you can help her,”

“Oh I was thinking it was Onew but you guys are close so it must be an Exo member,”

“Sulli shut up,” Luna crossed her arm in embarrassment

“There’s nothing to be embarrassed about. Well let me guess who it is. This should be easy,” Luna got nervous

“Unnie don’t worry about it,”

“No, no I want to help you out. I’m with those boys pretty much every day and they are darlings, well some of them and I can get in their heads and see what’s up,”

“Take your guess Unnie. You probably already know who it is,” said Sulli

“I have 3 guesses. Chen, Baekhyun and D.O,”

As soon as Olivia mentioned D.O Luna started blushing and both girls caught her red handed. They smiled widely.

“It’s Kyungsoo-ah!” Olivia was over the moon

He was really the sweetest young man she had ever met. He was wise and smart and so motherly but he was funny and loving to s and others. And it didn’t hurt that he was very attractive and a wonderful singer. He was a perfect match for Luna.

“He makes me nervous; so nervous I want to throw up,” she frowned, “I have never felt this way about anyone before and I knew him as a trainee so you would think I can be cool around him. Nope, not the case. I drool and stutter and look like a complete idiot. He probably thinks something is wrong with me mentally,”

“You are too hard on yourself. He doesn’t think that about you. And do you know how I know because the other day he was just telling me how glad he was that you got on Immortal Song 2. He said you sang beautifully that night,”

“He did,” her eyes light up

“Don’t worry. I got your back,” she smiled sweetly at the young girl

 

The girls went through their lesson and they exchanged numbers so they could keep in touch. Olivia was leaving the building to go home around 4pm when she ran into Kyuhyun, Sungmin and Shindong at the building. Since she was a new fan she really didn’t notice them coming in but Kyuhyun recognized her from the news. Kangin Hyung sure had good taste in women. His eyes followed her as she walked towards the exit of the building. It was now or never or rather later.

“Olivia,” he called her name, she stopped and looked up from her phone. She didn’t recognize the young man but he did look familiar. The other members gave Kyuhyun a look as well but she couldn’t read their faces, “You’re Olivia right? The girl that saved our hyung’s grandmother,”

“Yes I am. And you are?” they were stunned she didn’t even know who they were, Kyuhyun chuckled

“You must be a new fan,” he removed his glasses, “Recognize me now,” she furrowed her brows and looked at the boys. She looked at Shindong and it dawned on her immediately

“Oh,” she laughed and smiled, “Yes I’m a new fan but the only one that I recognized was you,” she pointed to Shindong and he smiled as well, “I’m sorry I should be embarrassed,”

“No it’s alright. I’m Kyuhyun and this is Shindong and Sungmin hyung,” she bowed to each of them, “By the way your Korean is really good,”

“Well 3 years ago I became interested in the culture. At that time I wasn’t planning on being a teacher but then I went to college for the profession and I thought to myself why not learn the language just in case if I decide to live here. I’m glad I did. It took me 3 whole years to perfect it,” she smiled

“An overachiever,” said Sungmin

“No I just like learning,”

“Where have you been all my life,” Kyuhyun joked with her

“Well it was nice meeting you guys. I have some errands to run so I’ll be going first,” she waved at them and left

“She is absolutely gorgeous. If I wasn’t dating Seohyun…”

“Haha shut up. You wouldn’t trade Seohyun for her,” said Shindong, “She’s black, no offense but hyung must be out of his mind. The people of Korea are going to have a field day,”

“Why should the fact that she’s black ruin hyung. She’s attractive, smart, funny…” said Sungmin

“Sounds like you want to marry her,” said Shindong

“I would but it seems as if she and hyung have gotten close real fast. I’m happy for him and we should support them if they do decide to pursue a relationship,”

“I just want them to be safe,” said Kyuhyun

“Only time will tell,” said Shindong

 

Finally Saturday came and Kangin was preparing for his mini road trip with Olivia. He had packed everything the night before but before he could do anything with Olivia he had to stay focused for the photo shoot.

“Kyuhyun, can you cover for me when the photo shoot is over? I don’t want Leeteuk hyung to start asking me all these questions,”

“Sure but where are you guys going to go. You will definitely be noticed in Seoul,”

“We aren’t going to be in Seoul. The less you know the better,” he smiled at dongsaeng who shook his head in approval

“We met her the other day. She’s a sweet girl. I’m backing you two. Fighting!” he smiled

Sungkyung and Rachel were running around the apartment trying to find Olivia something cute to wear for her date with Kangin. They were pulling every type of short hoochie dress they could find. They kept telling her that Korean men loved legs, so the more skin the better. Olivia wasn’t having any of it. She was lounging on the couch flicking through channels on the TV.

“Get ready! What are you doing? He’s going to be here in 20 minutes,” yelled Rachel

“It’s only going to take me 15 minutes to get ready,”

“What are you wearing?” she asked

“Jeans, this strip shirt and my flats,”

Rachel and Sungkyung gave her a disgusting look.

“Like hell you are,”

“Wow Rachel, language,”

“I know I’m no fashionista like Rachel but this is your first date with Kangin Oppa and I will not have my roommate wearing jeans and flats. You must wear a shirt and heels,”

“Ok a skirt but not heels. Most likely I will be walking and I don’t want to be walking 5 inch heels,”

“You wear them to work,” said Rachel

“I’m at work, this is a date,”

“Which means you must care about what you wear. Now go wear this dress and heels and I don’t want to hear anything else about it,” she shoved her into the room and waited for her to get dressed

Kangin arrived early to Olivia’s apartment. He was so excited. He was sure she would love what he had planned for her. He rang the doorbell. Rachel and Sungkyung became frantic but Olivia remained calm as she put the finishing touches on her makeup.

“Will you two calm down and answer the door,” she snickered as they both glared at her

Sungkyung opened the door and instantly started fan girling all over the place. Kangin was smiling nervously as he held the bouquet of flowers in his hands. She invited him in and offered him the couch which was placed across from Olivia’s room.

“You have a lovely apartment,” he said

“Thank you Oppa. Would you like something to drink?”

“Oh no thank you,”

Olivia finally opened the door to her room and stepped out into the living room revealing her short polka dot layered dress with brown wedge sandals. Kangin could not believe how gorgeous she looked. She had straightened her curly hair and it was placed in a ponytail and her makeup she kept natural. Olivia took one look at Kangin and realized she was over dressed. She frowned, looked at her roommates and shut the door. Kangin was flustered and shocked.

“What just happened?” he asked the girls

“We aren’t sure,” they were surprised as well

Literally 5 minutes later Olivia walked out with her black Converse shoes, khaki skirt and a plain white tee but she had very elaborate jewelry on to make up for the plain outfit. When Kangin saw her a second time he laughed out loud and stood up.

“You’re my kind of girl,”

“Are those for me Oppa,” he handed her the flowers and she gave them to a shocked Rachel and Sungkyung, “Let’s go before these two have a heart attack,” they left quickly and got into his car

Olivia was very happy to finally be with him as was Kangin. She noticed all the equipment he had in the back of his car. It looked as if they were going camping which Olivia wasn’t too fond of. But she told herself she was willing to try new things especially with Kangin.

“What’s with all the camping gear Oppa,”

“Do you like crabs?” he was driving on the highway now

“What kind of question is that? I’m a Southern girl through and through. I grew up on crabs. When I was little my granddaddy used to buy them by the bushels and we would go on the patio, place newspaper on the patio and just destroy them. Those were good times,” she got misty

“Did he pass?” he noticed she got sad

“Oh no, it’s just when us kids got older he didn’t do it as much anymore. Now we buy our own crabs,”

“So you’re not an only child?”

“No there are 7 of us: Adele, Vivian, the triplets: Evelyn, Aiden, Jacob and Kaleb,”

“That’s a big family,”

“Yes it is,”

They continued to talk about their families and shared funny stories. Kangin told Olivia how he got involved with SM Entertainment and she congratulated him on being so focused and hard working to achieve his dreams. She admired him very much.

Olivia noticed they were making their way out of Seoul and into a more rural part of Korea.

“Where are you taking me Oppa?”

“You’re going to like it, trust me. When we get there we are going to set up camp and eat some crabs in the nearby market and then explore the area. Sounds fun. I think this will give us a chance to really get to know one another,”

“Just to let you know Oppa, I’m not a nature girl. I don’t do camping and I most certainly don’t do bugs,” she looked at him with a serious face but then cracked a smile, “But just for you, just for today I will try,” she grabbed his hand and squeezed it, Kangin blushed at their sudden skin ship.

They greatly enjoyed each other’s company. She liked the fact that they were in a more rural area because there weren’t as many people around; just a few older people who didn’t care that she was black and he was Korean. If anything they loved it. They complemented on her good soft skin and pretty her legs looked. Some even stated about how good they looked together and said their children will be beautiful.

 By the end of the day Kangin and Olivia were very much infatuated with each other. The drive back to Seoul was quiet but they didn’t need to talk. It was a good quiet. He had his hand in her lap and she was gently his hand as they enjoyed the city lights. He made it to her apartment late but they didn’t mind.

“I had a lot of fun Oppa,”

“Next time we’ll have to stay overnight,” Olivia’s eye brows went up

“What kind of a girl do you take me for,” she laughed and then hugged him

When she pulled away from him, he caught her face in his hands and romantically stared at him. She made sure she didn’t break eye contact even though she suddenly got very hot and nervous. Kangin looked her lips and then hungrily and quickly captured them. He quickly opened with his tongue tasting every bit of her. And she responded by biting on his bottom lip sending a soft moan from his mouth. She locked her hands in his hair and he rubbed her back lustfully. This kiss was long overdue to them and they didn’t want to let go but she did have noisy neighbors and roommates who were still awake. She reluctantly pulled away from him leaving him cold and wanting more.

“I will call you later,”

“No don’t go,” he pulled her back into one last passionate kiss and then knocked on the door

Rachel opened it up as Kangin playfully shoved Olivia in her arms, “Take her before I do something I may regret. Bye,” he left with the biggest smile on his face