Be Careful

Mrs. Kim

When Olivia finally opened the door to the apartment she once again found her roommate in front of the TV eating ice cream.

“Don’t you have friends,” she kicked off her heels and slouched next to Sungkyung

“No, I need a life,” she laughed at her roommate, “Actually I just got back home a little before you. So how was your date?”

“It doesn’t count as a date if his parents are eating dinner with you. It was nice though. His parents are really lovely people and I met Eun Bi. Their grandmother however had bingo night,” Sungkyung laughed as she took another bite of her ice cream

“So are you guys going to see each other again?

“I hope you so,”

“Good,”

“How was work?”

“Long but some employees and I went out for drinks to relieve some stress,”

“I wish I joined you guys. I’m having some stress at work too,”

“Give me a break. You have the easiest job ever. You’re surrounded by hot Korean boys all day,”

“I think that’s the problem,”

“What are you talking about? You don’t like your job already?”

“I love my job and I really enjoy my students,”

“So what’s wrong?”

“Today I got my first Korean kiss,”

“WHAT! From whom,” she got excited, “Wow that was fast,”

“It’s by who you are thinking. Byun Baekhyun,” Sungkyung face dropped then she burst into laughter

“I did exactly what you are doing now. He laid a big one on me. Tongue and all,”

“OMG, what?” she nearly choked on her ice cream, “What did you do?”

“I was totally and utterly caught off guard. I didn’t respond or push him away. So in a way I think he thinks I enjoyed it. I just stood there and then guess who walked in mid kissing session,”

“Oh no, Kangin Oppa saw you two,”

“Yes he did. He wasn’t too happy about it but what can I do? My student confesses to me and then kisses me…” she sighed

“Well I’m curious. Did you really enjoy it? I mean you have been living here a year and have never been asked out or been on a real date. A young attractive male confesses to you and then proceeds to kiss you…American style. One has got to wonder what does that to a 26 year single women who hasn’t gotten any in a year,”

“Shut up Sungkyung,” she laughed, “I’ve only had once. It’s not like I’m missing or yearning for it. And plus Baekhyun is my student not some random guy,”

“Ok but did you enjoy it,”

“Who wouldn’t enjoy being kissed and being fawned over but he is super young and super immature. Heck he’s only 2 years older than Kaleb. Do I see Baekhyun as a legitimate man? I can’t say that I do,”

“Ok good to know but what do you plan to do tomorrow,”

“Give him a piece of my mind,” she said with her hands on her hips

 

THE NEXT MORNING

Olivia was ready to confront Baekhyun. She didn’t appreciate his sudden attention to her. I mean she didn’t mind comments on her looks or personality but to be kissed in that manner was totally inappropriate. But in a way she couldn’t be too hard on him. But 3 strikes and you’re out. She would just have to give him a warning.

The boys came piling in. first both the leaders: Kris and Suho, then followed by the others. Sehun proceeded to come in with two apples in his hand and a big smile.

“Good morning Noona,” he beamed as he carefully placed the apples on her desk without breaking eye contact

“Good morning Sehun. Are those for me?” she took the apples

“Of course Noona,” he then took his seat still watching Olivia

Next came Chanyeol with a huge bag of grapes, asian pears and oranges.

“Good morning Noona,” he placed the basket of fruit on her desk, shyly looking at the ground and went to his seat

“Good morning Chanyeol,” she started taking noticed about what the boys were doing

Next came Kai with a huge basket of exotic fruit

“These are for my favorite Noona, enjoy,” he then placed it on her desk, now blocking for view from the boys

“Really guys this isn’t necessary,” in walked Tao with one kiwi in his hand

“Good morning Noona,” he brushed his hand to hers, she gave him a are-you-kidding-me-face

“Good morning,” she looked around the room. Everyone had arrived except for Baekhyun, “Where is Baekhyun?”

“Here Noona,” he was leaning against the door frame with a letter in his hand and a smirk on his face

“Come take your seat so we can start the lesson,” the tone of her voice was serious

“This is for you Noona,” he handed her the letter

“What? No fruit?” he shrugged his shoulders as he took his seat, “Alright boys open your workbooks to page 20 and do lesson 2. We will go over it in 20 minutes and no asking Kris for the answers,”

“Aw man,” some of the boys complained

Olivia sat at her desk and opened the letter. It said:

 

Dear Noona,

Yesterday was totally inappropriate. While my feelings for you have not changed and they probably won’t, I feel terrible for invading your space like that. I apologize; I should have asked permission first…

 

Olivia was blown away. This kid had some serious balls. She looked up glaring to find Baekhyun staring at her. He smiled and went back to his work. She continued reading the letter.

 

…While I won’t be kissing you in public anymore unless you ask nicely I will maintain a professional relationship with us, well until we are no longer student and teacher and then the decision will be up to you if you want to pursue a romantic relationship with me. I know you see me as a kid but I’m really not. It’s a role I play. I know how to treat a women and you won’t regret it.

                                                                       

                                                                                                Baekhyun

 

“Byun Baekhyun,” she yelled though she didn’t mean to, “Outside right now,”

The whole class looked up as Olivia and Baekhyun made their way in the hallway

“What is wrong Noona?”

“Look you only have 2 more strikes and then I’m cutting you off. What’s with your apology?”

 “I was being true,” he had a smile on his, she shook her head in frustration but she couldn’t be too mad at him

“Look your sweet and I do like you…”

“I knew it!”

“Let me finish. I don’t like you like that. I like you as a person and my student,”

“I won’t always be your student,” he moved closer as she moved back, they kept moving until her back was to the wall. With her heels she was actually Baekhyun’s height which today was totally grateful for

“This can never happen Baekhyun and you know that, right?”

“Maybe you’re right,” he backed away, “But maybe one day you’re gonna need me, you’re gonna want me and I will be there for you but for now, you’re right I’m your student and you’re my teacher,” he walked back into the classroom followed by a somewhat flattered Olivia

 

Kangin was in the dressing room going over his dance moves for y, Free and Single. Super Junior was in the middle of their promotions. He was so glad to be back with his boys, his family and the fans had finally given him a warm welcome back as well. With all that happened in the past he promised his family and fans that he would become a better man. One they were proud of.

“Looking good hyung,” said Kyuhyun

“Thanks. It feels like I never left,” he wrapped his arm around his dongsaeng

“And your dancing has improved old man,” he laughed at his hyung

“Whatever,” just then his phone vibrated, he looked at his phone

 

Young-woon Oppa thank you so much for the dinner. I had a great time last night meeting your family. Good luck with promotion. The song is my fav!

 

Kangin beamed. He had been thinking of Olivia all night and most of the day. He got gushy inside because he received this lovely text from her. He decided to reply to her right away.

 

Are you on break? Or are you breaking the rules by texting in class. What a naughty teacher you are.

 

He sent the message waiting for a reply. Seconds later.

 

Aw you caught me red handed. The boys are busy doing workbook pages. I thought of you, so I texted you. I hope I’m not disturbing your concentration.

 

Wow, just wow. She was thinking of him too. He loved the fact that she was American. She wasn’t shy about expressing her feelings which made him bolder in expressing his.

 

You are never a bother. Never. I love hearing from you, truly.

 

He smiled as he sent the text to her.

 

Well I’m glad. Then I will continue to text you. Just to let you know I’m known among my friends to send random texts during the day. I just want to let them know I’m thinking of them. I don’t plan on treating you any different Oppa.

 

He was over the moon by now. The boys started noticing.

 

I hope you don’t. Well I have to get ready to go on stage. I will call you later, as in I want to hear your voice, Haha.

 

 I can’t wait Oppa. Talk to you later.

 

Kangin put his phone away only to be attacked by Donghae and Eunhyuk.

“Who the heck were you talking to?” the boys wrestled him to the ground and retrieved his phone

“What the…none of your business,” Kangin had Eunhyuk in a head lock as he tossed the phone to Donghae

Kangin lunged at Donghae but it was too late; he had figured it out but Kangin grabbed the phone before he could read any more.

“Who is Olivia?” asked Donghae

“Hey isn’t that the girl who saved your grandmother?” asked Yesung

“Yes,” Kangin put the phone in his pocket

“So is she your new girlfriend?” asked Donghae

“NO, mind your business,”

“Young-woon doesn’t have time for a girlfriend. He is career minded right now,” said Leeteuk

“He doesn’t have to be all work and no play. What kind of life is that?” said a smiling Kyuhyun

“Young-woon has to stay focus. Plus you don’t want any more scandals. This one will blow up in your face because well she’s…”

Kangin caught on to what his hyung was trying to say.

“Say it hyung,” he got serious and Leeteuk noticed he got tense

“Well she isn’t Korean,”

“No she isn’t but why should that matter,” everyone in the room got quiet because Kangin raised his voice a bit

“You know I don’t care about race,”

“Do you now,”

“No I don’t but not all Koreans feel that way. Our fans don’t want their Oppa to date a black girl, they him to date them…in their minds. Look I don’t want to fight with you. I just want you to set your priorities and think about your future,”

“We are only talking. I’m not going to marry her tomorrow,”

“Well if you’re talking to her my guess is that you guys have been out together,”

“Only to my parents’ house. They wanted to meet her because she saved Granny. We had a great time. My parents didn’t have a problem with her,”

“Well of course they didn’t but if you start dating her I think they will have something to say,”

“Are you worried about me or are you worried if I’m going to screw over Super Junior,”

“No Young-woon. I want all of us to be happy including you. I just want you to be careful. Be very careful,”