Blushes and Smiles

Mrs. Kim

“Here is the lady Exo has fallen in love with,” Lee Soo-man laughed, “Well you two get acquainted because I have a meeting to go to,”

 He left them in his office. Kangin and Olivia were dodging eye contact with each other though she didn’t know why. She was never a shy person especially with the opposite but she got multiple butterflies floating in her stomach, she almost felt lightheaded. She sat down on the chair grabbing her head.

“Are you ok?” Kangin asked in his broken English kneeling down to her eye level

“Oh yes,” she looked straight into his eyes

“Um…” he had to think about what to say next in English. His English wasn’t that great either but for her he would try. She noticed his hesitation to talk and she chuckled

“I speak Korean,” she smiled and said in perfect Korean

“Oh thank god, I didn’t know what to say next,” he laughed, “So you’re my mystery lady. I’m Kim Young-woon,”

“I’m Olivia Williams,”

“How old are you?”

“26,”

“So I’m your Oppa,”

“Well it’s nice to meet you Young-woon Oppa. Is your grandmother alright? I’m sorry I couldn’t go with her to the hospital,”

“It’s fine. And she’s doing a lot better,”

“I’m glad to hear about that. I’m just glad I took a taxi instead of the bus this morning,”

“I know. Eun bi, my cousin was raving about you. She is totally grateful, so grateful her and my mother wanted me to come find you and thank you personally,”

“There is really no need for thanks,” she got up

“They insist and so do I,”

“Well what do you have in mind?”

“I’m pretty sure my mother would want you to come over for dinner so they can meet you,” she got nervous all of a sudden

“There is really no need for that,”

“Please say yes. I will never hear the end of it,” he smiled warmly at her. Those butterflies in her stomach returned

Her first impression of Young-woon Oppa was that he was a big teddy bear. He was a man who would do anything to make the women in his life happy. He seemed genuine and charming and not to mention very attractive. Olivia’s ideal guy was someone of a muscular built, not too skinny but not to big either. She liked someone who was a gentleman but knew how to laugh as well. Granted she doesn’t even know Kangin but she felt as if she knew him already. Was that weird? Was it weird to have already have fallen for someone after only speaking a few sentences to them.

Kangin was playing it very cool but on the inside he was screaming. Olivia was beautiful and not only beautiful but she appeared to be strong and smart and caring. He didn’t know many people who would give mouth to mouth to a complete stranger. The feelings he was feeling at that moment were none like he ever felt before. He wanted to get to know her better. He didn’t want this moment to end.

“Alright. I love a home cook Korean meal,” she smiled

“Ok, well that’s great, perfect,” he walked out of the office

“Oppa,” he melted at the sound of that coming through her lips

“Yes,”

“I think we should exchange numbers. I mean so you can give me the information on that dinner,” she blushed once again

“I think it makes sense,” they took out their phones and exchanged number, “I will ask my mother and I will let you know,”

“Ok,” she simply said as she folded her hands in front of her. Kangin took one last full look at her, said goodbye and left

Olivia quickly finished the rest of her lunch and got ready for more lessons with trainees of SM. The rest of the afternoon was very productive and by 8pm she went home.

“Sungkyung I’m home,” she walked into their high rise flat

“And you’re on the news,” Sungkyung was sitting on the couch eating her dinner, watching TV, “They have even now identified you. At first you were known as a black American, now you have a name,”

“I didn’t talk to any reporters when I left,” she furrowed her eyebrows, “That’s creepy. How did they get my name?”

“Your employees most likely blew your cover,”

“Talk about invasion of privacy,”

“You can pretty much kiss your privacy good bye. If it were someone else’s grandmother, sure you could go on and live a normal life but the fact that it was Super Junior’s Kangin’s grandmother, you will never have a normal day of peace for the rest of your life,”

“Well guess what my job entitles,”

“Oh no I’m worried,”

“I’m not just any ESL teacher but I am Exo’s teacher and I will be their English translator for when they debut in America months from now. So it’s safe to say I have kissed my normal life good bye, for good,” she sighed big and rubbed her temple. Sungkyung sadly feed her kimbap and rubbed her back.

“Well there is only one good thing that’s coming out of this,”

“What?”

“You are gonna be constantly surrounded by gorgeous men,” she laughed

“Yeah I get to have dinner with one of those gorgeous men,” Sungkyung’s eyebrows went up

“Do tell,”

“Young-woon Oppa and his family want to have dinner with me. They want to say thank you for saving their grandmother. At first I was against it because I feel like I’m no hero but he insisted so I accepted. We exchanged numbers and he said he will call when his mother figures out a day,” she got up to go to the kitchen to find leftovers

“Wait you mean to tell me you have his number in your phone?”

“That’s what exchanging numbers means Sungkyung,” she laughed, “What has gotten into you?”

“So you can contact him anytime you want?”

“No, I’m not going to do that,”

“You should,”

“Why? I barely know the man,”

“It’s Kangin from Super freaking Junior,”

“Ok, so?”

“OMG I’ve neglected you. They are like…”

“The biggest thing in the universe. Yes I got the 411 from Hani today. She nearly skinned me alive for not knowing anything about them,”

“Come join me at my laptop and we will explore SM’s artist. Do you know anything about SNSD, F(x), Shinee?”

“These names mean nothing to me,” she followed her roommate to the couch

“What about BOA, TVXQ?”

“Nope,”

“Oh man this is going to be a long night,”

By the next morning Olivia learned everything about the SM artists. She bid her roommate goodbye and headed outside to get on her bus. Little did she know that overnight she became somewhat of celebrity.

“Olivia Williams,” shouted a reporter

“Um hello,” she bowed politely

“Do you have anything to say about saving Kim Young-woon’s grandmother? What made you do it?”

“Seriously? That poor old lady wasn’t breathing. What else would you expect from a person? What did you think I would keep on walking? And even if she wasn’t Young-woon Oppa’s Grandmother I would stop and help her,” she was shocked the reporter asked this question

“Oh so you are close with Kim Young-woon?” she was confused

“No, I just met him,”

“But you called him Oppa. Is he your Oppa affectionately?”

“No I just met him yesterday and plus he is older than me. I have to show respect,” she tried to dodge the reporters but the numbers quickly grew, “If you will excuse me, I’m going to be late for work,” she pushed through and once again called a taxi. When she arrived to SM building there were more reporters. She had to think quickly. She put her shades on and told the taxi driver to pull around the back so she could go in one of the back doors. As the taxi driver pulled in the back she quickly got out of the car, not looking where she was going she bumped into someone.

“Noona what are you doing?” Baekhyun and the rest of the boys were walking into the building

“I’m trying to get to work in one piece,” she smiled at him as they walked in together

“We saw you on the news Noona. That was so cool,” said Chen

“It’s just CPR,”

“But you saved her life Noona. If I’m dying, will you give mouth to mouth to me,” winked Chanyeol

“OMG, don’t you boys have girlfriends?” she laughed

“No time,” said a somewhat serious Suho

“You sound a little bitter. You have all these lovely fans, pick one. I’m sure they would die of happiness,”

“Not safe Noona. Our fans are a little…” Baekhyun cut him off

“Crazy,” he was a little serious

“Don’t say it like that Baekhyun. Without our fans where would we be?” said Luhan

“You nearly got trampled twice hyung. We are humans too. All I’m saying is that they need to be a little more careful,”

They went into the study room to continue their English lessons. They reviewed what they learned yesterday and today she started on grammar structure and the meaning of different words. 1 hour later the class was in full swing. They were group in two teams playing games against each other. The winning team would get a hug and a date night with Olivia. The boys came up with those themselves.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. Kangin slowly opened the door and poked his head in, smiling at a flushed Olivia.

“Come in Oppa,”

Baekhyun, Sehun and Chanyeol quickly looked at a glowing Olivia who suddenly became shy. Why did she call him Oppa like that? Even though he was their Sunbae, they didn’t like how this scene was turning out.

“Hello boys,”

“Hello sunbae,” they all bowed to him

“Just call me Kangin hyung,”

“What are you doing here Oppa,” he loved to hear her call him Oppa

“Well my mother has decided on a day,”

“I thought you were going to call me. You didn’t have to come all the way up here,”

“I don’t mind. I wanted to see you anyways,” his eyes got wide and looked at Olivia. He didn’t mean to say that out loud. She just laughed though

“Oh you missed me already,” she laughed sweetly at him

The boys started getting jealous as they listened on the conversation.

“Well my mom and cousin want to have dinner tomorrow night. Is that alright with you?”

“That’s perfect. I looked forward to it,”

Kangin then turned his attention to Exo, “I’m really impressed with you guys. It’s not even your comeback yet and you still have the paparazzi following you around,”

“Those aren’t for us hyung. They are for Noona,” said Kai

Olivia pouted and shook her head yes, “Unfortunately they found out where I live and greeted me this morning, then I had to sneak in the back of the building to get in,”

“I’m sorry,” he accidently rubbed her arm

Baekhyun got tense but Olivia didn’t notice since skin ship was not a problem in ia. Kangin noticed she didn’t react to him touching her so he let his hand linger on her arm.

“Why are you sorry? I didn’t know whose grandmother she was. I still don’t know why people are making a huge deal about it,”

“Well I’m sorry in advance. It may get out of hand; just a warning,” he smiled at her

He didn’t understand why he felt so comfortable with her. This was only their second meeting and he felt as though they have known each other forever. He unconsciously stared into her eyes again and became lost in those chocolate orbs of beauty. Olivia noticed Kangin went off into la la land. She stared right back at him and smiled.

The boys couldn’t take all the mushiness going on in the room. Chanyeol decided to break it up.

“Noona, can you stop lovely looking at Hyung and continue our lesson. We have a tight schedule,” he said loudly, the boys snickered as Kangin and Olivia snapped out of their dream fest.

“Sorry boys,” she looked at them and then back at Kangin, “I do have to finish their lesson,”

“Of course. So I will see you tomorrow. I will text you the information,”

“Are you sure you’re not going to just come up here tomorrow and give it personally to me,” she was messing with him. This time it was Kangin’s turn to blush

“Maybe, maybe not,” he smiled big at her and left the room