Evelyn's Grand Escape

Mrs. Kim

1 Month Later

 

Olivia was grading papers at SM building when her cell phone started ringing. It was an unknown number

“Evie hi, I was just thinking about you. What is up?”

“Where are you?”

“In Korea stupid,” Evie sarcastically laughed then stopped

“I know stupid. Where in Korea?”

“At work why,”

“Is there anyway you can come get me…from the airport?”

“Wait, what are you doing in Korea?”

“No time to talk. Just come,” her younger sister quickly hung up the phone

“Hello? Hello?” Olivia was a little worried but not too much

She didn’t have access to a car so she decided to take a taxi to the airport. She really didn’t want to pay the fee but anything for her sister. As she was leaving the building she ran into her secret boyfriend of a month.

“Hi Oppa,” she touched his arm as he looked at her hand and smiled

“Where are you going?” he playfully hit her shoulder. Any kind of Skinship was better than none but he didn’t want others to notice

“I have to pick up my sister from the airport. She was totally cryptic and weird,”

“Do you want me to drive you out there?”

“No you are insane. People will see us. No you go on with your day. I will take the taxi,”

“Alright be careful. Love you,”

Olivia was caught off guard but his confession. They had not said it to each other before and he said it so easily, “Do you mean that?”

Kangin caught onto what he had just told her. Did he really love her? It sure as heck felt that way even though they had only known each for a month, “Too soon?”

“I mean…I don’t think so,” she scratched her head and smiled

“Ok,” he squeezed her hand as he left and she ran outside to get a taxi

“Noona!” Tao yelled for her

She was standing in front of their van as they were loading up.

“Hi boys,” she smiled as she approached them, “Where are you guys going?”

“Back to China to promote some more. Where are you going?” asked Kris

“I have to go to the airport to pick up my little sister,”

“Um why don’t you ride with us? It’s the least we can do,” said Luhan

“If that’s ok, thanks,”

They all piled in the van together as they took the 30 minute ride to the airport together.

Olivia was waiting at the airport with Exo M and the managers as she was trying to spot her secretive little sister. Of all the plans she ever came up with, this one was by far the craziest. Ever since they were kids Evelyn wasn’t known to settle down without a fight. Whether it was one if her many school protects or her activist fights against animal cruelty, Evelyn was a strong no nonsense independent woman and Olivia loved her that way. Unlike Adele and Vivian, Evelyn wasn’t about to just settle into the married life routine but unlike Olivia she was stuck without a job. After graduating the top of her college class she wanted to progress with her life but their Father had other plans. He was so gun hoe on marrying her young, Evelyn rebelled more. Not that Olivia blamed her. She rebelled herself; she just had more sense to leave the country.

“Noona you look worried,” said Xiumin as the boys waited in a different terminal from all the fans

After many dangerous run ins with the fans, the manager and SM finally wised up to make sure the boys were safe at all times. Olivia was relieved. She had grown to adore each and every boy, even Baekhyun and she would hate to see them hurt in any way.

“My little sister told me to meet her here. I don’t really know the details since the conversation only lasted seconds. Gosh that girl,”

Suddenly Olivia felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist. She let out a scream and turned around to find Sasha, Evelyn’s best friend smiling at her

“My gosh,” she gave the young lady who she has grown to view as a extra sister a hug, “Don’t scare me,”

“I’m sorry. You look good Olivia,” she hugged her tight as she laughed

Sasha Harris was a lovely dark skinned young lady with a bright future in medicine. Sasha and Evelyn had been best friends since middle school and they went to the same high school and college. They had just purchased an apartment in Short Pump to finally have the freedom of living away from parents.

“How are you Sasha? How is Brian?” she smiled as she played in the girl’s hair

“Good and good,” she continued to smile

“Good,” Olivia’s smile was gone as she folded her arms, “Now where is my sister?”

“She’s coming. She’s getting the bags,” she avoided eye contact

“Care to share?”

“I think I’ll let her tell you why we are here,”

Olivia sighed, “It’s totally unexpected,”

“I’m aware,” as soon as she said that she finally noticed the 6 handsome young men staring at her, “OMG,”

“What’s wrong?”

“I’m totally not fangirling right now,” she started crying, “These tears are not about you guys,”

EXO M was totally shocked at the young lady fanning herself and crying. Sasha was trying to contain her emotions but she couldn’t. Her favorite K Pop group of the year was standing right in front of her. Her feelings were all jacked up.

“Are you ok?” Kris lightly touched her arm

Sasha’s eyes went to his hand and she in her breath.

“Olivia,” Evelyn came sneaking up on her sister

“What is going on?”

“Can a get a hug?” Evelyn was in a disguise; wig, shades and the whole getup

Olivia looked at her sister as she hugged her. She then pulled the wig and shades off, “What is going on? What’s with the disguise and how the hell did you get here? Do you know how much a two way ticket from ia to Seoul is?”

“Yeah a whole lot of money,”

“And from what I remember you don’t have a job,”

“Did you know Mom has a secret account?”

“What?”

“Yup Mom has a special secret account for emergencies. It’s good that she has it especially considering what a psycho Dad is,”

Sasha continued her Exo M rant as they boys found it very amusing.

“Look at you Luhan. I mean I’ve seen fancams and photos but you absolutely gorgeous in real life,”

“Thank you,” he blushed and bowed at her

“And Lay,” Lay started smiling at her showing her his dimples, “Don’t smile at me,” she pointed at him and he thought he did something wrong until she broke out in a crazy smile, “Just darling,” he laughed

“And Kris,” Sasha turned her attention to Evelyn who was in mid conversation with her sister, “Evelyn take a look at this handsome man,”

Evelyn finally took in her surroundings. Sasha wasn’t playing when she said Exo was attractive. She was almost felt they weren’t real because they were all terribly good looking. Evelyn went up to Chen and poked his cheek.

“He can’t be real,” Olivia swatted her sister’s hand

“Don’t be rude. You haven’t introduced yourself,”

“I’m sorry. Hi I’m Evelyn Williams. You’re Noona,” she smiled as she bowed and caught Kris staring at her. She smiled at him as he winked at her and chuckled

“Hello we are Exo,” they all bowed and smiled and Sasha was now mush on the floor

“I’m going to mentally take a picture of this,” she squealed

“We can sign something for you,” said Kris

Olivia turned her attention back to Evelyn, “I’m dying to know what happened,”

“I don’t know if it’s a contest with Dad or he’s getting to old or he wants to preserve his lineage which he has 3 boys to do but he has crossed the line. Following is one thing but putting cameras into my car so he can know what I’m doing and where I am at every minute of the day was too much,”

“What? No, he wouldn’t. Who is the guy,”

“Oh you know him. Bradley Sinclair,” she dropped her head

“Omg I dated his brother very very very briefly. His brother was a pain,”

“Well Bradley is an even bigger pain. Adele lucked out because her husband is actually a good guy. And Vivian her husband may be growing through something because they always seem to be fighting,”

“That’s not good,”

“But I don’t know if Dad only sees dollars signs or he want prestige amongst those alumni blokes but he just doesn’t seem to care of my feeling at all. Bradley is the worst candidate for me. He’s egoistical, rude, crass, and the biggest ert; he’s not nice or a gentleman and every time I see him I want to place my hands around his neck and squeeze ever so tightly,”

Olivia could tell her poor sister was so stressed out. It hurt her heart.

“I’m stressed. My hair is falling out, I can’t keep my weight together…” she looked at her sister

“How long are you going to stay?”

“I don’t know but Mom only got me a one way ticket,”

“Well you better be glad my boss and I are super tight. I might be able to get you a job. And keep you out of Dad’s reach,”

“I love you,” she hugged her older sister tightly

“Love you too,”

“We have to go Noona,” said Kris

Olivia smiled at her boys, “Study your English and I’ll see you in a week,” they gave her a group hug and laughed

The boys started loading the plane when Kris turned to Evelyn who was still hugging her sister.

“Hey it’s gonna work out. We don’t want your pretty face to get wrinkles,” he rubbed her cheek

Sasha and Olivia had their mouths open as Kris walked backwards to look at Evelyn until he walked in the ramp and the stewardess closed the door.

“Did that just happen?” asked Sasha

“I didn’t know Koreans were that bold,” said Evelyn

“Kris is Chinese and he grew up in Canada so technically the rules don’t apply,” she smiled at her little sister as she blushed

 

 

 

Sorry it's been so long. Super busy + writer's block= long time for a update. Enjoy though!