Misunderstandings

Promises, Promises

Kyuhyun's POV
WHAT IS SHE DOING?! Kyu, it's fine. Why can't you look at her? It's just Kyungmi. Wearing a tank top. That's red...what? Red's my favorite color.

   

'No, your favorite color is blue.'

   

SHUSH, they don't know that. Now they'll think I like you!

   

'What's wrong with that? You really do like me!'

   

NO, I DON'T. Okay, Kyu, just ignore her. IGNOREIGNOREIGNOREIGNOREIGNOREIGNOREIGNOREIG-

   

 

"Is everything all right, Kyu?" I feel Kyungmi coming closer, and all of the limbs on my body freeze up.


MOVE!! I COMMAND YOU!! EHH!! Then I hear a squeak, and a force('It's called gravity.' SHUT UP!) pulled me towards Kyungmi and, unfortunately, the ground.

   

My arms automatically wrapped around her, but being my ninja self, I regain my balance right before we fall. Kyungmi has her eyes shut tight like she was still expecting the impact of the tiled floors to hit her. Her hands are on my chest, and they're clutching my shirt really tight, but, for some strange reason, it doesn't really matter.

   

 

When she finally realizes that we aren't going to fall, she opens her eyes. They gradually widen when she sees me holding her. "K-kyu?" she asks, but I don't answer.  


All I can do is watch the movement of her lips, and feel the warmth of her breath. A force begins to pull me even closer to Kyungmi, but I'm not so sure it was gravity this time.

   

"Hey, are you guys- what's going on here?" Heechul hyung walks in, and that evil grin is back.


My own eyes widen, and I drop Kyungmi. WHAT WAS I JUST ABOUT TO DO?!  Uhh, this whole Valentine's Day is giving me a migraine. I need my Starcraft.

   

Kyungmi’s POV

   

 

For the second time today, my made contact with the ground, and land with a very ladylike "MMPH!".


Heechul oppa who looked, if you asked me, very proud of himself, just said, "Umm, I see that you're busy. Please carry on." And with that, he his heel and left.
Kyuhyun was just standing still, eyes wandering, looking anywhere I wasn't. I was about to comment on the situation that happened beforehand, but before I could even take a breath to create the words I needed to say, Heechul oppa stuck his head through the door, and added, "You guys have 30 minutes, by the way."

   

CRAP. We haven't even practiced yet!! I look at Kyu, but he's still in a trance. I wave my hand in front of his face to gain his attention, and he finally blinks and gradually lowers his head to look at me. "Let's just say that didn't happen, 'kay? We need to figure out a song."

   

He nods his head slowly, as if moving too fast would be too overwhelming for him. Meanwhile, I was brainstorming for song possibilities, but only one song came to mind. Kyuhyun and I don't sing together often, but we did once for our church's fundraising thingy a few years back. It was the only song I could think of that we knew well enough to sing for a competiotion and still win. And since there we were short on time, I just went with it. I go to Kyu, and suggest the song.

   

Knowing Kyuhyun, his brain must have been processing slower than usual. So to quicken things up, I punch him in the arm. "OWW! What was that for?"

   

I roll my eyes."Let's just practice, Kyu."

   

~*~*~*~*~

   

"Hey, guys. I'll be your host for this portion of the competition!!" Leeteuk ahjusshi said into the microphone.


I think I'll call him that from now on. So catchy! The crowd screamed louder than necessary for our Leeteuk, seeing as he is not even competing. I guess I have underestimated the power of my boss' charms... "So please give it up for Seohyun and Eunhyuk!!".

   

The crowd screamed even louder for the grinning Eunhyuk and smirking Seohyun. They looked at each other, and each took in a deep breath before they began. Their eyes never left the other’s the whole performance. They seem really close, considering that they only had an hour. I find myself waiting for that piercing pain that I feel whenever I see Kyu and Seohyun, but it never comes.

   

Okay, now I'm confused. Does it only happen with Kyuhyun? No, but that would mean... that would mean... NO! It's not possible! Kyu is my best friend, and always will be only my best friend. And besides, he likes Seohyun. So, just get on with your life, and don't even think about thinking about... THAT. It would cause much complication in life. And we already have enough of that, don't we?

   

Eunhyuk's POV

   

 

The whole time I was singing, I was supposed to be looking at Seohyun. But occasionally, I would look at Kyungmi, but she would never be looking at me. Always at Kyuhyun. Does she like him?


See, Eunhyuk? You have to pick up your game!! Ugh, what's wrong with me?

   

Seohyun's POV

   

I take a glance at Kyuhyun oppa, and he's not even paying attention to me! He's just looking at his partner, what's her name? Kyungmi? Oh, Kyungmi, you do not know who you just messed with. Kyuhyun oppa is already mine, so you better back off, before I make you.

   

Kyuhyun's POV

   

Ohh, my head hurts so much. This is all Kyungmi's fault. I turn my head, and glare at her, but she didn't pay me one bit of attention. She was too busy watching Seohyun and Eunhyuk hyung. Is she jealous of them? But  why?

   

'Because they're singing a really sweet song, while looking sweetly at each other.'

   

Do you like Eunhyuk hyung?

   

'Yeah, probably.'

   

WHAT! I thought you liked me?!

   

'...Why? Do you want me to like you?'

   

N-no... I like S-seo, remember?

   

'Oh, right. Okay, then its fine for me to like Eunhyuk oppa, then, right?'

   

YOU CALL HIM OPPA, NOW? I-I mean, why should I care?

   

'Why am I best friends with an idiot?'

   

Narrator's POV

   

The song ended, and Eunhyuk's fangirls screamed their lungs out for him and his partner. Kyungmi and Kyuhyun were feeling quite nervous to be coming after a performance like that, but their confident looking smiles did not reveal this fact.

   

 

"Okay, so our final performance for the night is Kyuhyunnie and Kyungmi!" Leeteuk once again introduced the upcoming couple, displaying his dimples to the anticipating crowd.


The crowd welcomed them with clapping and cheers, and their song began.

   

Kyungmi became completely immersed into the song, and nothing seemed to matter when she was singing with Kyuhyun. It didn't matter that her feelings toward Kyuhyun had been causing her pain and confusion that day, or that Kyuhyun broke their promise earlier. All that mattered was that she was together with Kyuhyun now and knowing they'll always be together as best friends, if nothing else.

   

 

Eunhyuk and Seohyun, who were watching from the side, were experiencing feelings far from those of Kyungmi's. Eunhyuk was looking agonized watching the two sing so perfectly in harmony. Why wasn't their performance like this? Their performance had so much contact, but it wasn't nearly as intimate as this. On the other hand, Seohyun was abosoutely fuming, seeing 'her man' with another girl.


'Who does she think she is?! Kyuhyun is mine.'

   

Kyuhyun's POV

   

'Kyu is so-'

   

Why are you using my POV to talk? Go use your own! Wait, what were you going to say?

   

'...'

   

WOW, I really am an idiot.

   

'You just realized that?'

   

SHUT UP.

Took me a while. T.T I'm sorry~ I'm going to try and post chapter 10 today, too. *TRY* Thanks to the new subscribers ^^ Comments too :D Hope you guys like this chapter~ :]