In Denial

Promises, Promises

Narrator's POV

"Okay, guys. So the winner has been decided. And the winner, of the Couples' Duet Competition is..." Everyone held their breaths, as Eunhyuk takes a long pause for dramatic effect, "Is Seohyun and Kyuhyun! Congrats, guys! Here are your tickets to Lo--"


"WAIT!! Wait, I have something to say!" Leeteuk shouts, waddling over to the stage as fast as he could.


He maneuvered around the growing crowd at the stage from the kitchen (which was about 10 feet away), climbed up eight stairs (YES! EIGHT STAIRS! Leeteuk can be quite the daredevil sometimes), and grabbed the mike from Eunhyuk. But he only panted, and was doubled over, clutching his stomach.


"Phew! That was a good workout! Aww, my back. My poor back", he exclaimed into the microphone, all the while holding onto his aching back.


"Okay, okay, get on with what you were going to say, ahjushi", Kyungmi said, getting a little impatient.


This did not have to do with the fact that Kyuhyun and Seohyun were hugging each other tightly in nervousness (and probably for other benefits- but why should she care?). No, she just wanted to go home. Oh wait, Kyuhyun would still be there. Why must life hate her so?


"Well! Someone is not having a good Valentine's Day."


Kyungmi shot Leeteuk a glare, and wondered why everyone was so determined to make this the worst day of her junior life. "Anyways, as I was saying, I have an announcement! I have decided to add onto the prize for the first place. Not only will they be able to go to Lotte World, but they will also have a chance to win an individual prize. Each winner will have to duet with Eunhyuk or Kyungmi, and the best duet will receive a bigger, better prize that is still undecided. The judge of the winners will be the customers of the cafe. Whoever gets the loudest cheer, will win."


Kyungmi just nodded her head, and acted as if she were actually listening. But then, Leeteuk's words slowly dawned on her, and her jaw dropped; her eyes widened, at first from shock, but then in anger. A duet? With him? Could this day get any worse?


Then, one name appeared into her mind, and everything suddenly made sense. 'HEECHUL'


Said man was watching the whole episode of events in the kitchen, and everything was turning out just as he planned. Well, everything he does always works out in the end. Of course it does! He's Kim Heechul! His eyes followed Kyuhyun and Kyungmi's reaction as Leeteuk made the announcments, grinning wider as they realize the meaning of Leeteuk's words. He knew that old man would be of use one these days.


Heechul's POV

MWAHAHAHA! Kim Heechul always gets what he wants.


Kyuhyun's POV

WHAT THE HECK? I'm perfectly fine with just the Lotte World tickets. I was about to object, but Leeteuk hyung was already pushing me off the stage, his other hand towing Kyungmi behind. "Uh, look, Leeteuk hyung..."


"Yes Kyuhyunnie?" Aww, look at his face!


Hyung was always the charmer…  EW, what am i saying? Creepy old ahjushi... But how could I not take up his nice offer? That would be so rude! I guess I'll just have to do that duet with Kyungmi. Oh well~


We arrive at the kitchen where Heechul hyung seemed to be waiting. Heechul hyung? Everything's beginning to make sense now… But I didn't have any more time to think about that, because Kyungmi was saying something.


"Leeteuk oppa… Why did you lengthen the competition? I think two Lotte World tickets are enough! Right, Kyu?"


Oh, am I Kyu again? I flash a smirk, then turn to the hyungs.


"Actually, I would like to have a bigger prize. And if Teukie hyung is offering, then I'm in!" I say, putting on my innocent smile.


Works everytime. Well, almost everytime. Kyungmi was giving me a stern look, one eyebrow cocked up on her forehead. Ah, the beauties of friendship.


"Oohhkay, then. Kyungmi you have to do the duet. We'll just be leaving then,” Heechul hyung said, turning Leeteuk around, and pushing him out of the kitchen with him, "You kids have fun now!"


That was suspicious. I turn to Kyungmi, and see her just shaking her head. Then, she looked up, and everything seemed like it was moving in slow motion. Woah! What just happened? Wow, Kyungmi looks really pretty right now. Wait. What's wrong with me tonight? My heart's beating so fast. It must be something I ate…


'You didn't eat anything for the past eight hours, Kyu.'


And your point is..?


'I hate to say this, Kyu, but I told you so~'


You told me what?


'You still don't know?! Ugh, you're so dense.'


Dense? What does that mean? KOREAN, WOMAN. I SPEAK KOREAN.


'Well, that’s because you’re an idiot! Do you know what that means?'


Kyungmi’s POV

Kyuhyun has that weird expression on his face again. It's sort of making me kind of worried. Then, he makes eye contact with me, and I remember that day he asked me to be his valentine. My heart starts attempting to break out of my chest, and my breaths start coming a little short.


"Kyungmi, are you all right?", Kyuhyun asks, closing the huge distance between us.


"I-I'm just fine. Let's start on the duet. You want to win, right?" I say, not wanting him to know that I was actually thinking about him.


His face was still worried, so I decided to lift the mood, "Yah, Cho Kyuhyun! Stop staring at my body, and get to work!"


Cheeks burning red, he immediately looks away, and scoffs, "Yah... there's nothing to look at."


I roll my eyes. Psh, what is he talking about? I saw the way he was looking at me while I was dancing on that stage with Eunhyuk. Either that or he was lovingly admiring Eunhyuk. Could he be..? HAHA, just kidding. I think I would know if my own best friend was... confused.


I was going to give a really good comeback ("Yeah? Well, at least I'm not a fat !!"), but then I decide to play with him a little. "Whatever, Kyu. Let's just choose the song and start practicing already."


Kyuhyun instantly becomes serious, and begins pacing across the kitchen floor. While he was turned around, I quickly take my t-shirt of, revealing the red tank top I was wearing before. I lean against the white marble counter, arms supporting my weight.


"Okay, so I think we should-- whoa, where'd your shirt go?" Kyuhyun  spun on his heel as he reached the end of the room, and did a double take, when he saw my cute spider man tee gone.


"Oh, well it was getting a little hot, so I just took it off. Is there a problem with that, Kyu?" I ask, smiling as he remained silent, and shook his head.


"N-no, no. It's f-fine," Kyuhyun visibly gulped, and started pulling at the collar of his own shirt.


He's so cute! I mean fun..ny. Yeah, funny. No way can Kyuhyun be defined by CUTE.


"So, what were you saying?" I played with the hem of the shirt, and Kyu just kept his eyes glued to the cieling.


"Huh? O-oh yeah. We should sing the song.. the song.."


"Is everything all right, Kyu?" I say, walking towards him.


Unfortunately, a puddle of liquid was on the floor, and I slip. Yeah, I know, I have the coordination skills of Onew. So, I'm pretty much used to falling on my for simple purposes that could be avoided by any normal person. I gasp, and instinctively reach my hand out for a stable object that could support my weight, in hope of preventing the fall altogether.

It just so happens that that object was Kyuhyun.


NEW CHAPTER!! YAY!! AND COOKIES!! YAY!! Anyways... Hope you guys liked this chapter!! Oh, and I know that the last part was really cliche, but it HAD to be done for the plot's sake >< Comments! Yes, that means you silent readers.