Evil Alliances

Promises, Promises

Kyungmi's POV

Love?  I love Kyuhyun? I love Kyuhyun. WHAT?! Why does it have to be him? Of all people, why my best friend? My best friend who already has a girlfriend. Well, a valentine. But either way, he's already taken.

You stupid heart! How could you choose someone that can't be mine? Do you want to cause yourself pain?

Kyuhyun's POV

Kyuhyun, you idiot! How could you realize that you're in love with your best friend of over 10 years just now? WHEN SHE ALREADY FOUND SOMEONE ELSE! BABO!! You had so many chances, but you took them for granted. Great. Just great. What should I do now?

"Kyuhyunnie!! Congratulations, my dongsaeng!!" Heechul hyung runs up to the stage, and hugs me. "Where's your valentine, Kyu?"

"Her? Oh, she slapped me in the face, and left."

"Ouch. Sorry, man. Maybe she just wasn't for you."

But hyung didn't look sorry at all. He was grinning from ear to ear, and had this weird glimmer in  his eyes.

"No, it's fine. I don't think I really liked her, anyways.." My mind wanders off to Kyungmi, and I guess my eyes wandered to her too, because next thing I know, hyung dragged me off the stage to a free table.

"Look, Kyuhyun. I know you like Kyungmi. Don't try denying it, because if you d-"

"I know, hyung. I really likeKyungmi."

"What? You do?" I nod slowly, mainly because I'm still having a hard time accepting the fact that I'm in love with my best friend.

"Okay... This is going to be more simple than I thought. Wait. IF YOU KNEW YOU LIKED HER, THEN WHY DIDN'T YOU FREAKING CONFESS TO HER, INSTEAD OF LETTING HER BECOME HYUKKIE'S VALENTINE?!"

"BECAUSE I REALIZED JUST NOW!!"

Heechul hyung sighs, and leans back into his chair. He closes his eyes, mutters something like," Idiot," and holds his forehead.

"'Kay, Kyu, here's the thing. I really want you to be with Kyungmi, so I'm going to help you out."

"Really?" I feel slight hope build up inside of me; if you have Heechul hyung on your side, you'll always win.

"Yes. But you have to do everything I say."

UGH. But another thing about Heechul hyung on your team: sometimes his plans can be a little uncalled for.

"Everything you say?" Heenim hyung just smirks, and nods, like he's already got something panned (which he probably already does).

I should have just played Star Craft today.

Kyungmi's POV

When I calmed down enough, I backed up so I could see Eunhyuk's face. He smiled sadly, and unwrapped his arms from around my waist to wipe my tears. "Are you okay?"

I nod, afraid that if I speak, another sob would escape me. Eunhyuk held my face, and stared straight into my eyes. His face came closer and closer, until I could feel his breath on my lips. My eyes flutter closed, and just as we're about to...

A violent cough was heard from behind us. Followed by another. Then, another. I turn around, and see Heecul oppa with his arms crossed and eyebrow raised. "Yah... Lee Hyukjae, Park Kyungmi. What do you think you're doing? Go get your butts down to the kitchen, Leeteuk hyung needs you."

Eunhyuk, looking reluctant, says,"Oh. Let's go, then.."

A small smile surfaces to my face. He wanted to kiss me that bad? That reminds me... Earlier, Kyuhyun... No, no. It must of been my imagination. Don't get your hopes raised, Kyungmi. He likes Seohyun, remember?

Narrator's POV

Just as they were about to enter the kitchen, Leeteuk came out, looking as angelic as ever. "Hey, Hyukkie, Kyungmi. What are you guy-" Something catches Leeteuk's attention, preventing him from completing his sentence.

Heechul was waving his arms frantically, and seemed to give some sort of sign. Teukie tilts his head to the side, as if that would help him understand the complex signals. "What are you looking at?" Kyungmi asks, turning around, just in time to see Heechul his hair very casually.

He looks over and  give them a meant-to-be-innocent smile, and waves at them. "Okay... So what did you need us for?"

"Uh... I need you to... Help me choose the prize for the Couples' Duet Contest winner! Yeah, that."

"Sure, hyung." They walk over to a vacant table in the corner of the cafe.

There weren't a lot of customers left (they all seemed to leave at the end of the performances), so the cafe was much more peaceful, buzzing with murmurs from the couples that remained to continue their Valentine's Day dates. Kyungmi looks at them with envy, wishing that at least one of her Valentine's Days could have been like that. Not long after they were seated, Kyuhyun and Heechul joined them.

The calming atmosphere suddenly transformed to an overwhelmingly awkward one. Kyungmi suddenly took an interest to tablecloths, and Kyuhyun took an interest to glaring at Eunhyuk. "So... Kyuhyunnie. What would you think suitable to be your prize?" Leeteuk asks, more to break the silence than to find out an answer.

Heechul nudges Kyuhyun with his elbow, and nods his head, indicating him to say what they discussed before. "I want chocolates."

"What? Chocolates? Are you sure?" Leeteuk says, looking incredulous. "Out of all the things you could have asked for, you ask for chocolates?"

Kyuhyun smirks,"Not just any chocolate. My chocolates. The ones Kyungmi made for Valentine's Day." Upon hearing this, Kyungmi tries her hardest not to clench her fist in anger.

He breaks her heart, and wants chocolates for it? Yeah, that's going to happen. "Those chocolates belong to Eunhyuk. So-"

"I haven't eaten them yet. So, you can have them still." Kyungmi looks at Eunhyuk.

He would give away the chocolates she gave him so easily? Eunhyuk smiles nervously, and simply shrugged at her questioning look. Heechul, on the other hand, was watching them happily; this was going better than he thought it would!

Kyuhyun's POV

This is going well. HA. HAHAHA. But it might not be enough... I give Heechul hyung the sign to bring in Plan B, and he instantly whips out his phone and begins texting. Now, to stall. "Oh, really now? Okay, then that's good. So, guys... um, how was your Valentine's Day?"

"Mine was perfectly fine. Until someone, came in and ruined it. Like he usually does," Kyungmi says, observing her nails, looking uninterested in anything we were doing.

'No, I'm just pissed.'

You're still here?

'Well, yeah. So what if you broke up with Seohyun? I don't know that. And you still haven't apologized.'

Ohhh, right. But-but Heechul hyung told me not to yet. He said that it would sound desperate.

'Psh. Yeah, yeah. Excuses, excuses.'

But he did! Ugh, just stop. Stupid voices in my head... Making me more stressed than I already am...

Then, this girl walked in sitting down right next to Heechul hyung. We all just stared at her, because her entrance was sort of sudden. "Um, hi? Who are you?" Leeteuk hyung asks.

"Oh, sorry. I'm Hyoyeon."

Eunhyuk's POV

HYOYEON?!


More cliffhangers XD That took forever!! Yeah, so I'm going to be updating even less now because finals are coming up, and my teachers are freaking out and giving A LOT of homework. And I'm giving up kpop for Lent. O.O I don't know how I'll give up Super Junior for a full month, but I'll try. Really nervous, though. MEH~~ T.T