Mission Sort Of Accomplished

Promises, Promises

Eunhyuk's POV

What is Hyoyeon doing here? Of all the days...

*FLASHBACK*

-1 year ago, Valentine's Day-

Okay, Eunhyuk. Today's the day. No backing out. Just go for it. 

There she is! Go to her, Eunhyuk, go to her! No, wait. I'm not ready yet. But you'll lose her again! Maybe it's best if I just followed her. Hey! I'm not stalking her! I'm following her! There's a completely different... spelling. You know what? Whatever! It's for love!

Her friends are leaving, here's your chance! Caaaalmm down. Inhale, exhale. Okay, this is it! "Umm, Hyoyeon-shi? H-hi, I'm Eunhyuk. I mean Lee Hyu-hyukjae. B-but you can call me Eunhyuk if you want," I say, stuttering on every syllable.

She looks me up and down, and smiles. My cheeks burn up and my breath catches in my throat. Can't. Breathe.

"Oh, I know you! You're on the dance crew, right? I saw one of your performances, and you were totally amazing! I'm thinking of joining too, but I'm still not sure." My blush becomes deeper.

Think of something to say!! "Hehe, thanks. R-really, now? I-I think that would b-be great! Y-you should j-join!" Stop getting off topic, Hyuk!

"So, Eunhyuk-shi, why did you want to talk to me?" Huhh, she said my name.

Let's just get this over with. "Ri-right. Uhh. Ireallylikeyouwouldyoubemyvalentine?" I say, all in one breath.

"Sorry, but can you repeat that? And this time would you mind saying it more slowly?" she says.

Crap. Here we go again... "W-would you be m-my v-valentine?" I ask, bracing myself for the answer.

But no answer comes. I look at her, and see her smile gone. "Eunhyuk-shi. I.. I'm so sorry, but I already have a boyfriend."

"Oh. It's fine. I-I have to go, I'll see you later then, Hyoyeon-sshi."

"Wait, Eunhyuk-sshi, I-" I didn't hear the rest of her sentence as I walked out of the school to the garden.

It's so cold out here, and, of course, I forgot to get my jacket. Way to go, idiot. What was I thinking? She barely even talks to you, and you expect her to be your valentine? I try to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall, but I fail miserably.

"Eunhyuk? What are you doing out here? Are you all right?" Someone asks, sitting beside me.

I hide my face, but I peak between my fingers to see Kyungmi  looking at me worriedly. "Aren't you cold? Come on, Eunhyuk, at least answer me so I can lend you my jacket."

"I-I'm not cold," I say through chattering teeth.

She begins to take off her jacket, but I stop her. "D-don't. I don't wa-want y-you to get s-sick."

I sniffle, and wipe away my tears, which were still flowing. "Stop crying. Yah, Eunhyuk, don't you know what day it is? It's Valentine's Day! You shouldn't cry," she says, dramatically, throwing her hands up in the air (How cute!).

I look at her sternly, because she should know better. Who rejects like 5 boys each year on Valentine's Day?

"Actually, Kyungmi, I would think this the day that most people cry."

We turn to see Heechul hyung and Kyuhyunnie coming in, both smirking. Kyungmi rolls her eyes and mutters,"They would."

"So, Eunhyuk hyung, mind to tell us why you're crying?" Kyuhyun says, casually wedging himself in between me and Kyungmi, and slinging his arm around my shoulders.

"Yah! Cho Kyuhyun! Don't be rude!" Heechul hyung scolded.

Hmm, that was strangely out of character. He hands me his jacket, and sits on my other side causing Kyungmi to fall of the bench to the ground, where she sat with her arms crossed, pouting cutely (Awwww!!). Both Heechul and Kyuhyun started cracking up, until Kyungmi stood up, and stormed out of the garden. That's when Kyuhyun jumped off the bench, and ran after her("Kyungmi! Wait for me! Let's eat lunch together!"). Those two love birds..(I'm jealous).

"Soo, Hyukkie. What's up? Why were you crying?" Heechul hyung asks wiggling his eyebrows.

Seriously, those things can be scarier than the Shibrows sometimes! Okay, maybe not, but they come close! I told hyung about the Hyoyeon incident, and he patted my back, listening to me. "Don't worry, my little anchovy! Your hyung shall help you!"

"Uhh... It's fine, hyung, really! You don't have to, it's not a big deal, anyways," I say hurriedly.

Trust me, I have good reason. "Oh, Eunhyukkie. You will need my help someday, and I will help you! As long as it's not Kyungmi. She's Kyu's."

"Oookaay..?"

Chullie hyung is a little too obsessed with getting those two together. I mean, he'll do anything to get them to actually go out.

I did not realize the truth of my words.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

"Oh, hello, Hyoyeon-sshi. I'm Kyungmi. I'm Eunhyuk's-"

"Friend! She's my friend," I blurt out. I cover my mouth.

What's wrong with me?! Kyungmi looks hurt, but she quickly recovers and smiles politely. She shook hands with Hyoyeon, then sinks back into her chair.

"Hello, Hyoyeon-sshi! My name is Leeteuk, Teuk, Teukie Teukie, AngelTeuk..." Five minutes later,"...But you can call me oppa if you want!" Hyoyeon giggles, and shakes hyung's hand.

"'Sup, Hyo?"

"Hi Kyu oppa," she says, blushing.

She calls him oppa? What's going on between those two? I see Kyungmi's eyes flicker between the them, and I knew she suspected something too. I kick her, and she lunges forward from the contact, and turns her head to me with a tight smile."What was that for?" she whispers harshly.

Instead of answering, I communicate to her with my eyes. She got what I was trying to do, and played along. 'What's with them?'

'I don't know, they're being really weird.'

"So Kyu oppa, how has your Valentine's Day been?" Hyoyeon asks, twirling her hair.

I felt my right eye twitch, and my fingers were twitching too. "Okay, I guess. Nothing really special, you know."

"Yeah, same here." I saw Kyuhyun's hand make progress towards Hyoyeon, and watch him closely. 

Ohh, he better not think of what I think he's thinking of doing! Just as his hand was about to get an inch closer, I quickly stood up. I grabbed Hyoyeon's hand, and pulled her out the exit. "Eunhyuk oppa?"

Oppa? She called me oppa! Okay, Eunhyuk, back to cool guy mode. I corner her against the wall of the cafe with my arms, and gazed deeply at her. "Yah. Kim Hyoyeon! How could you flirt so openly with Kyuhyun right in front of my eyes? I mean, I know you have no interest in me, but--" She cut me off by hugging me, causing me to stiffen and mute.

"Oppa, did you know I really like you? I really regret what I did last year. I was too scared to say yes before, because I've had my heart broken previously, so I lied. I'm sorry." I relax, and hug her back, but then I suddenly remember Kyungmi.

"I really like you too, Hyo. Uh, but before we do anything, I need to take care of something first."

Kyungmi's POV

Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon come back, still holding hands. Well, there goes my real valentine. He approaches with an apologetic face, and I just stare at them, not sure how to feel. Strangely enough, I'm not even the least bit upset. Maybe a little jealous (for their being together, not for Hyoyeon's being together with Eunhyuk), but not upset. I fold my arms, and listen to Eunhyuk try to explain himself, and tell me that he's so sorry, but I just shake my head and smile. "It's fine. I understand. The chocolates are in the lounge, right?"

He nodded, and bowed to excuse himself, followed by Hyoyeon, who did the same. I watch them go, swinging their hands as they left, chatting happily. I sighed inwardly, and thought about how pathetic this Valentine's Day is turning out. Stupid boys...

"Oh, look at the time! I have to go to a thingymajig!" Heechul oppa said, looking a little too excited for whatever that thingymajig was.

He slapped Leeteuk ahjushi with the back of his hand, causing him to jump out of his seat and exclaim:

"And I have to go and uh... go!"

"I guess I'll go--"

"You two stay here! Hey Kyuhyunnie, I'll talk to you later, 'kay?" Heechul  oppa winked at us, and might as well had ran out of the cafe.

Leeteuk ahjushi left the table soon after, and continued to manage the customers(which wasn't much of an excuse, because all that was left was three people, and they were about to leave anyways). I turn back around in my seat to face Kyuhyun, smirking and looking extremely pleased with himself. That's when I realize we're alone at the table.

Just the two of us.


Next chapter~ Do you think HyoHyuk was too rushed? GAH, idk -.-" Oh, and do you guys have any advice on how to get more readers? :3 (just wondering) Comments!!! <3