Just Me and Kyu

Promises, Promises

Before I start this chapter, may I just say, this picture of Kyu is soo cute! Okay, back to the story :3


Kyuhyun's POV

YESS! It worked!! THANK YOU, HEECHUL HYUNG!!  Kyungmi must be totally brokenhearted now.

'And that is a good thing, how?'

Oh, well you see... Wait a sec. Why should I be telling you my plan?

'Have we not gone through this multiple times already?'

Uhh.. B! When in doubt, always answer B. 

'Cough-IDIOT-cough.'

NYAHNYAHNYAH. Wait, why don't you look sad? Kyungmi was staring at me, looking more mad than sad. Oh no.

Narrator's POV

Kyungmi glared at the person who ruined her Valentine's Days for the past 6 years. Who also happened to be the person she loved. She debated in her mind whether to tell Kyuhyun off or to just leave him here altogether. 'Eh, even if I leave, he'll follow me home', she reasoned, so she leaned forward, causing the being sitting across from her to cower into his seat.

"Yah! Cho Kyuhyun! You are the worst best friend in the history of best friends!! I--"

"Hey, can you guys not fight here? 'Kay, thanks," Leeteuk said from the table he was wiping down.

"Sure, hyung! Come on, Kyungmi, let's go home," Kyuhyun said, eager to leave the place.

He was there for over four hours! Who wouldn't want to leave? Waving to Leeteuk, they made their way out of the cafe, only to be stopped by Kyungmi.

"Oh, I forgot the chocolates," she said, about to run back to the employees lounge to get it.

But before she could turn around, Kyuhyun quickly grabbed her hand, and pulled her back.

"You actually thought I wanted those?"

"Uh, well yeah. You asked for them."

"That was to... to help get Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon together! Yeah."

Though not understanding how that had anything to with whatever happened between Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon, she did register that Kyuhyun was the cause of her not having ANY valentine that day at all.

"You... JERK!" Kyungmi hit Kyuhyun with her free hand repeatedly.

"Aw! I'm sorry! Really! Ow! Stop hitting me! Please!" Kyuhyun grabbed her other hand, making Kyungmi struggle in his hold.

After a few minutes of squirming in his grip, Kyungmi gave up, breathing heavily. "Yah. You better let go off me now."

"Only if you don't hit me."

"Yeah, whatever."

"Promise?" Kyungmi couldn't believe what he was proposing.

A PROMISE?! A PROMISE?!?! After today, she was never going to make any sort of promise with anyone, let alone Kyuhyun!!

"Yeah, sure."

Almost immediately after Kyuhyun loosened his grip, Kyungmi slapped his arm with all her strength.

"OW! YAH!! YOU BROKE YOUR PROMISE!!"

"THAT MAKES TWO OF US, THEN!"

Kyuhyun became quiet, and Kyungmi just scoffed in disbelief and began walking the way to their neighborhood again.

"Wait..."

"WHAT? What do you want now, Kyuhyun?"

"Look, I'm really reaaaallly sorry. I know I'm a hypocrite and a jerk and whatever you want to call me! Just please forgive me."

And since Kyuhyun looked sincere (AND OMG SO CUTE~), and because Kyungmi was supposed to be his best friend, she walked back and hit him again.

"Okay, I forgive you."

"Really?"

Kyungmi just nodded, sighing in defeat. She was going to forgive him eventually, so what's the point in fighting, right?  Kyuhyun was absolutely glowing under the light of the moon, seeing as he was on good terms with his best friend again. "Let's go home already!!"

Both of them walk side by side to their houses, keeping their distance.

Kyungmi's POV

Since when did things get so awkward? But then again, maybe this is a good thing. I don't really think I can handle being that close to Kyu without my heart accelerating to twice its normal speed. I should at least say something, though. I bite my bottom lip, trying to think of a topic that wouldn't end up in an uncomfortable conversation.

Suddenly, Kyuhyun grabbed my hand (what is it with guys and holding hands?), and brought me to a familiar looking area. "Remember this place?" he asked as he sat me down on the snow-covered grass in a small, open field.

The stars sparkled in the winter sky, giving me a sense of deja vu. This is the place Kyu and I first became valentines! Ah, this place... it brings back good memories. But then, it caused some not-so-pleasant memories too.

"Yeah..." I said, shivering a little in the frosty night.

"You're cold?" I nodded, and Kyuhyun broke the safe distance between us to put his arm around my shoulders.

He's so warm! I didn't even realize how cold it was outside, but now I was freezing. So, I just had to get closer to Kyu, and bury my face into his warm chest. You know, so I don't get sick or something.  He wrapped his arms around me, and maybe to some passerby we looked like an actual couple. Then again, that's just me fantasizing.

Then, I heard an explosion accompanied by flashing lights. We look up to the sky, and were greeted by fireworks colored in pink and red and other Valentine's Day colors. That's so romantic! We sat there watching the colorful display for a few minutes, mesmerized by the perfection of the moment. And, naturally, Kyu had to ruin it.

"We should go home now."

Aww.. I don't want to go home now! He pulls me up along with him, and we dust off our our pants. I look at my phone, and check the time. Woah, 10:00 already? Time flies when you're... emotionally confused? What are you supposed to call this feeling again?

Oh yeah, love.


Shortish chapter~ :] I think I'm gonna end this soon :3 What do you guys think?