Irresistible Lips

Can You Smile?

Humming? Who’s humming?

I slowly opened my eyes and was greeted by dim lights. Even though they were dim they still hurt my eyes. The pain the light was causing was the least of my worries though. It felt like my whole body was broken to a point that it could never be fixed. I tried to look around the room to see if I could figure out where I was but my eyes face hurt so bad that even looking around caused more pain onto me. The humming sound soon stopped and I heard footsteps getting closer to where I was.

            “Oh thank goodness you’re awake.” I heard a deep voice say. Soon someone was standing over me. He had dirty blonde maybe light brown hair and a piercing gaze. If it wasn’t for the smile on his face I would think he was upset with me. Who was this strange guy though? I decided the only way to find out would be to ask.

            “W-Wh-Who…” It was harder than I thought since my jaw was so sore. It hurt to move it just a little. He seemed to figure out what I was trying to say though.

            “I’m Kris. You shouldn’t try to speak if it hurts. You’ve been out for almost two days already. If you would have slept any longer I would have brought you to the hospital and figured out a way to pay for it later. Since I don’t know if you have insurance or not.”

I was out for two days? Has he been taking care of me the whole time?

            Kris sat in a chair that was next to the bed I was lying in and continued to smile at me. Why is he smiling at me? Do I look funny? Is he laughing at how pathetic I am? I thought. There was another question I needed to ask him first so I put those thoughts out of my head.

            “W-Where?” I forced myself to get the word out faster.

            “I said don’t talk if it hurts. Wait let me get you some painkillers. It won’t do too much but it will take away some of the pain. Oh and to answer your question we’re at my apartment.” He said as he stood from the chair to retrieve the painkillers. It only took him a moment to return with a glass of water and some pills in his hand. Kris sat back down and looked from the painkillers, to the water, to me.

            “I don’t know how you’re going to take them lying down. I mean I don’t want you to spill water all over yourself. If only I had a straw.”

I tried to sit up but he gently placed a hand on my shoulder to stop me.

            “No don’t move.” He stayed quiet for a minute as if thinking before he looked me in the eyes and spoke again.

            “Alright I know a way but I need your permission. I can transfer the water and pill into your mouth via my mouth. I swear I won’t take advantage of you I just don’t want you to be in pain. So if you’re ok with it blink fast two times. If not just blink once.”

He wanted to give it to me by kissing me? Is that what he was saying? I didn’t want to be in pain anymore though and he seriously seemed like he wanted to help me so I blinked twice like he said.

            “Alright. Open your mouth and I’ll put the pill in first. I took three instead of two figuring you might be in so much pain that three would work better than two.”

I slowly opened my mouth for him as wide as I could which wasn’t too wide but it was enough for him to place the pill on my tongue.

            “Ok, I’m going to transfer the water to you now.” He took a large gulp and leaned over until he placed his lips on top of mine to let the water slowly flow into my mouth. I guess he didn’t want to choke me. I have to admit that it was a weird way to receive water but if I didn’t want to be in pain I would just have to put up with it.

            Kris did the same thing with the second pill and right now he was about to do it for the third. His lips touched mine just like the other two times but this time after he had given me the water I felt his tongue graze against mine before he pulled away. I didn’t question it though because I figured it was probably just an accident.

            “Ok they should probably start working in forty-five minutes. You’re probably starving. How about I make you some soup?”

He didn’t even wait for my answer before he got up and went into the kitchen to start working on the soup. I tried to look around the apartment again and noticed it was a studio apartment. It was a decent sized studio apartment though. I mean he’s able to fit a queen size bed in it along with a sofa and small dining table. Wait? If I was sleeping on the bed does that mean he slept on the couch or did he sleep next to me? Well there’s enough room for both of us and I doubt he would try something with someone that was practically comatose.  At least I hope he wouldn’t. Hopefully he isn’t into necrophilia. Wait I was sleeping not dead. Is there a word for someone that likes to have with someone else who is asleep? I thought to myself. Why deep in thought I hadn’t even noticed that Kris came back already with a bowl of hot soup. It only seemed to take about 15 minutes for him to make.

            He placed the bowl down on the nightstand and slowly lifted me up so that I was sitting upright. It hurt but the painkillers had started to slowly kick in. I guess they worked faster on me since I wasn’t one to take pain medication. Wait? If he just lifted me now why couldn’t he have done it before when he wanted to give me the pills? I stared at him with a suspicious gaze but he just smiled at me.

            “Here, you should eat it before it gets cold.” He said as he put a spoonful up to my lips. I ate what was on the spoon and it turned out that the soup was really delicious. He kept feeding me until it was all gone and laid me down again before heading into the kitchen to wash the bowl.  

            “Umm… do you mind if I sleep in the bed with you?” He asked when he came back. “I mean it’s a pretty big bed and I’ve been sleeping in it the last two days with you but I swear I didn’t do anything to you.” He said the last part of his sentenced in a rushed breath.

            “You know what I will just sleep on the couch.” He stated as he ran his fingers through his hair messily and started to walk towards the couch.

            “Y-You can s-sleep h-here.” I whispered out slowly. It still hurt to move my jaw but I ignored the pain to get what I had to say out.

            “Ok. I swear I won’t do anything!” I just nodded my head or at least I thought I did. Or at least tried to nod my head, it probably only moved slightly.

He then started to take off his shirt and I immediately closed my eyes. Was he really going to change right here?! Of course he was there were no other rooms for him to change in! But he could at least go to the bathroom and change.

            “Oh…I’m sorry. I’m just so used to…I’ll just go get changed in the bathroom.” He as he took his clothes and went into the bathroom.

Why did I even close my eyes? We’re both guys so it shouldn’t be a big deal. That kiss with Luhan earlier or well two days ago has me acting all weird now.

            Kris soon came back fully changed and slipped into bed with me after turning out the lights.

            “I know you’re probably not tired and I’m sorry but I have class in the morning so I have to sleep now. I’ll make sure to make you some food before I leave though and give you some more pain killers. Goodnight Tao.”

He then turned to his side to go to sleep. While I sat there and wondered How did he know my name?!

 

            For the next week Kris took care of me until I was basically good as new. I still had aches and pains here and there but I could walk around and speak normally again. At the moment he was working on some homework and had given a book to me so that I wouldn’t be bored. The book was interesting but Kris’ humming was distracting. He had been humming the same song since the day I woke up. I never asked him what it was and I was really curious.

            “Umm…Kris gege…”

He let out a sigh before lifting his head to look at me. “Yes Tao.”

            “If you’re busy I can just ask you later.”

            “No, its fine. This homework isn’t going to get done any faster if you don’t ask me.”

            “Well I was just wondering what song you’re always humming.”

            “Oh it’s called ‘Can you smile?’ by a Korean idol group called Infinite.”

            “You understand Korean?!” I asked with wide eyes.

He just laughed. “Well if I didn’t that would be pretty sad considering that I lived there for four years.”

            “Why were you in Korea for four years?”

            “My family moves around a lot because my father is in the military. He was stationed in Korea for four years and he has just recently got stationed here. I could have stayed in Korea but I like to travel so I came to China with them and now I’m going to college here.”

            “Wow. I’ve never been out of the country.”

            “Well maybe I can take you one day?” He said with a smile on his face. I just put my head down to avoid the kind smile he was giving me.

            “Speaking of that song I’ve actually never seen you smile.”

            “What does that have to do with the song?”

            “Nothing I’m just wondering ‘Can you smile?’” He said in a singing tone probably like the way it’s said in the song.

            “I can smile.”

            “So why don’t you?”

            “No reason to smile if you’re not happy right?”

            “Are you not happy being with me?”

            “No! You’re really nice Kris gege and you’ve taken care of me so well it’s just…”

            “Does it have anything to do with why I found you like that on the roof?”

I nodded my head.

            “Wait what were you doing on the roof anyway if you don’t go to my school?”

            “I normally go to that rooftop at night since it’s so high and the school is never locked. The door to the roof on my building is locked to prevent people from jumping off of it. I like to go to high places and look out on the city at night. I guess it was a good thing I went that night too or you could’ve died.”

            “It would have been better that way anyway.” I whispered out.

Kris moved away from the table and came over to me on the couch. He took the book out of my hands and placed both of his hands on either side of my face and looked into my eyes.

            “There is no one in the world that deserves to die. You shouldn’t think like that Tao. It makes me sad to hear you talk like that.”

            “You hardly know me though.”

            “That’s true but somehow I’ve grown very attached to you.”

I felt my heart start to beat hard against my chest and I couldn’t understand this feeling. I didn’t even feel like this when Luhan gave me his fake confession. I noticed Kris’ eyes look down to my mouth and soon I felt his mouth on top of mine. It was a chaste unmoving kiss but that small kiss made me feel like I was going to have a heart attack because my heart was beating so fast. Kris pulled away after a moment but left his hands on the side of my face as he stared at me.

            “I’ve wanted to do that since the day I brought you here. Even with all your bruises you still were the most beautiful person I’ve ever seen.” He said seriously and I couldn’t believe what I just heard.

            “Are you serious? You’re not lying to me right?” I said as I felt my heart clench thinking that this could be just like the Luhan situation.

            “No. I’m not lying. Why would someone lie about having feelings for someone else?”

I felt my eyes well up with tears until they spilled over and Kris’ eyes went wide.

            “What’s wrong Tao?! I’m sorry. Whatever I did I’m sorry. Please don’t cry.” He said as he wiped away my tears. I just shook my head and leaned in to plant a small kiss on his lips.

            “You really think I’m attractive?”

            “I said you’re beautiful didn’t I?” He pecked my lips.

            “And you’re not scared of me?”

            “Why would I be scared of you? You’re the kindest person I’ve ever met.” Another peck. I lightly punched his shoulder.

            “How am I supposed to speak if you keep kissing me?”

            “I’m sorry you’re lips are just so irresistible. Like I said I’ve wanted to kiss you since the day I brought you here.”

            “Is that why you fed me water mouth to mouth?”

            “That’s 98 percent of the reason. The other 2 percent was because I didn’t want you to be in pain.”

            “Yet you lifted me up to give me the soup.” 

            “Well I can’t do that mouth to mouth. Soup is hot.”

            “ert.” I muttered under my breath.

            “What did you say?”

            “That you’re a ert.”

            “Well you like this ert!” He exclaimed as wrapped his arms around my midsection and pulled me into his chest.

            “Yah! Let go of me!” I yelled as I tried to get out of his arms.

            “Nope! I’m never going to let you go.” He used his forefinger and his thumb to grab a hold of my chin and lift my face up to see him. “I’m going to keep you by my side forever.” He whispered out before kissing me softly. I stiffened up at first but soon melted into the kiss.

            I guess I finally made a friend who is also now my boyfriend and it only took me 16 years. Kris pulled away from the kiss again and ran his thumb over my lips.  

            “You really do have a pair of irresistible lips.”

            “ert.” I whispered out as I laid my head on his chest and let out a small smile that he didn’t see. I told you I could smile. I just needed to meet someone that can make me smile. 


Yay another update! I'm glad that a lot of you like my story (that I really shouldn't be writing.) I know a lot of you want this to be long but it will probably only be about five chapters since this is something I just decided to write on a whim. I mean I already have four other ongoing stories and I feel like my readers will kill me if I don't update soon. Anyway I hope you continue to enjoy and support this story and I will see you guys next time!

~Lolo

P.S: I'm a roll with the song titles as chapter titles. This one was Irresistible Lips by BTOB