Forgiveness, Suicide, Death

Stay Happy Forever

 

 “So you two are twins?” Girls flocked to Jongsuk. “You're beautiful.” Guys flocked to Emichi. Poor Nana was stuck in the middle.

 

“Fox!!” Kiseop came into the classroom.

 

“Kiseop!!” Emichi went running towards him.

 

“Emi!?!?!” Kiseop turned and sprinted down the hall.

 

Well at least now I don't need to go help him. Nana kept her face in her book.

 

“Nana!” Kahi came in panting. “Nana come on lunch has started lets go up to the roof.” Kahi saw Emichi and Jongsuk.

 

“Why are they here?!?!” Kahi lead Nana up to the roof.

 

“I don't know.” Nana shook her head as they opened the door to the roof.

 

“Nana, you have an older brother too!!” Kevin came running full of life.

 

“Yes.” Nana sheepishly whispered.

 

Eli watched as Nana pulled her scarf up over her nose. She looks like...

 

“Fox, are you okay?” Kiseop was sitting on the ground.

 

“Why are you all here?” Nana finally snapped, her voice was low. “Can I just solve my problems by myself?” She stared at the floor.

 

“Nana-” Lizzy stepped forward.

 

“Lizzy, when we found you and Raina you were both homeless. Now look at you, you're gorgeous, popular, and have each others back no matter what.” Nana dropped her book. “Eli, Kevin you don't even know me. A few months ago I was no one to you.” Nana's eyes were straining to not cry. “Kiseop, you are so sweet, I am your little errand runner, you don't have to pretend to be my friend.” Nana knew this was all a lie. She was so sick of all these people helping her, and honest when she was lying to them all. “Kahi, you know everything about me, we cried together when we lost your brother. Stop pretending that didn't hurt you.” Nana her heels and was out the door.

 

She could here their faint calls to her but she was already out of sight. She hid in the garden and started crying. How could I say that to them. They were trying to help me. I'm evil I ruin everything.

 

“I have never seen you cry before.” A deep voice that reminded her of her father came up behind her.

 

“Go away.” She spun around. “You're the new kid.” She played dumb.

 

“So we are going to play it that way ok.” He stepped closer to her.

 

“What do you want.” She trembled backing away from him. His eyes watched her like she was food.

 

“You're pretty cute.” He had her trapped in a corner.

 

“You can't.” She shook her head.

 

“Why not I'm the new kid you don't know me.” He trapped her with his body. “So I can do this.” His breath on her neck gave her goosebmps.

 

“Stop it!” She shoved him off of her.

 

“Wait have we met before?” He smirked.

 

“J...JongSuk...Oppa.” She cringed waiting for him to hit her.

 

“Good girl.” He patted her on the head.

 

“What do you want please go away.” She felt her strength come back.

 

“Still tough as ever.” He shook his head. “You know I came here to talk to you.” He picked up her hand.

 

“Why all of a sudden?” She looked at him with dagger eyes. “Let me guess to ruin my life again.”

 

“You always did have fathers facial expressions. Unlike me and sis we are like mother's face made of stone.” He measured her hand to his. “I'm here to ask for your help.”

 

“Why would you do that?” She pulled away.

 

“I have had years to think about what has happened in our family.” He lifted her chin. “I came to the conclusion I hate Emichi.” His fingers ran down her neck. “She hates you and me. You hate the whole family.” He twisted her hair in his hand.

 

“Just cut to the chase.” She slapped his hand.

 

“Well, I want to get the family back together.” He smiled like when they were children.

 

“Forget it that's impossible.” Nana walked passed him.

 

“Just listen to me.” He grabbed her wrist.

 

“Why should I help you?!?” She pulled her hand out of his grip. “We aren't family. Emichi even said so. She once had a sister named Nana. Not anymore though. Mother only had twins. She only has one daughter. You don't love me. I don't want to chase after the non-existent.” She covered after she said everything she needed too.

 

“Mother is dying.” He whispered. “She is on her death bed.”

 

“Stop lying.” She looked at him annoyed that he would lie like that. Thats not like him to lie like this though. “What is she dying of?”

 

“She has cancer. They found it too late.” He looked at his feet. “Emichi is excited. Mother left her some valuables and money. She left me the house and money. She finally confided to me saying she is leaving you dads things and his insurance money.”

 

“Why would she do that?” Nana was confused.

 

“She told me she doesn't want to die with you hating her.” He poked her shoulder.

 

“Where does she live now.” She sighed in defeat.

 

“Same house we grew up in.” He didn't smile at this breakthrough.

 

This is really serious. Nana thought seeing his honest face and eyes.

 

“I'll stop by the house today.” Nana nodded.

 

“Thank you.” He hugged her.

 

“Don't tell Emichi anyhting.” Nana patted him on the back.

 

“She knows nothing.” He nodded.

 

“Lets get back to class.” Nana walked out.

 



 

 

“Lizzy, Raina, Kahi, Eli, Kevin, Kiseop.” Nana found them all together after school.

 

“Nana are you feeling better?” Kahi spoke for all of them.

 

“Yes, I want to apologize for being so rude. I don't think that way I swear.” Nana bowed.

 

“You idiot we were so worried about you!” Lizzy and Kevin launched themselves at her.

 

“I just needed time to think.” Nana hugged them back.

 

“Nana I'm glad you feel better and you really didn't need to apologize.” Eli said standing.

 

“Yeah, forget it ever happened.” Raina pulled Lizzy off of her.

 

“Kiseop, Kahi can...can I ask you to do me a favor?” Nana started trembling.

 



 

 

“This is where you used to live?” Kahi was surprised by what a dump it was.

 

“Yeah.” Nana nodded.

 

“Nana you came!!” JongSuk ran out the door to greet them.

 

“Yeah...where is she?” Nana took a deep breath.

 

“You can do it Fox.” Kiseop encouraged her.

 

“Come with me.” She looked back at Kiseop and Kahi.

 

“We will wait outside the door.” Kahi reassured her.

 

“Okay. Lead the way.” Nana nodded to her brother.

 

“She wanted to be in your old room.” JongSuk lead her to the old staircase.

 

“I can go by myself now.” Nana nodded.

 

She slowly walked up the rickety steps. You can do this. You can do this. Don't back out. Her heart was racing. She made it up to her old room. She took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

 

“Come in.” A weak voice whispered on the other side.

 

Nana opened the door and stepped inside. “Do you remember me?” Nana asked seeing the weak middle aged woman. Nana's heart broke to know that it took this long and situation for her to finally come.

 

“Na....Nana.” The exhausted woman began to cry.

 

“Mo-” Nana didn't know what to call her. “Mother.” She rushed to her side.

 

“I'm sorry.” The woman weezed.

 

“Mother, you don't need to apologize. I forgive you.” Nana held her mothers hand.

 

“Please don't think I hate you.” Her voice was weak and crackly. “I love you. You are my daughter always were and always will.”

 

“Mother, I...I don't know you as a mother.” Nana began to cry. “I wanted to be treated as your daughter thats all I wanted.” She wiped her tears away.

 

“When did you start crying?” Her mother wiped one of her tears away. “I understand that you don't love me like a mother. I was never a good mother. After your father died saving you...I didn't know what to do. I loved him and then he was gone.” She shook her head in shame. “I just reacted like a spoiled brat with no sense.”

 

“I'm your daughter I don't understand how you could have treated me that way. I mean you would lock up in here on our birthday while the other two had a fantastic party.” Nana sniffled. “You hit me for no reason. You threatened to ship me off with a Japanese pimp. You wouldn't feed me for days.” Her tears didn't let up. “The names you would call me.”

 

“I felt your father loved you more than me...” Her mother wiped her own tears away. “I was a foolish child I wasn't ready for everything. I deserved to go to prison. I will gladly go to hell for what I have done to you.” Her mother coughed.

 

“I understand.” Nana finally understood everything. “I love you mommy.” Nana hugged her mom.

 

“I have always loved you sweetie.” Her mom was still crying.

 

“Mom, I need to admit something to you.”Nana took another deep breath. “Do you know the idol Lala.” Nana closed her eyes ready to tell her secret.

 

“Shhh not here.” Her mother touched Nana's hand. “Emi has micro phones set up in here to make sure I don't give her third of the will away.” She pointed to the corners. “I know already. No one has those eyes but you and your dad.”

 

“You- you knew?” Nana gasped releasing her deep breath.

 

“Of course.” Her mother caressed her cheek. “I'm so proud of you.” She dropped her hand. “I don't think if I raised you, any of that would have happened to you.”

 

Nana and her mother spoke for a good 3 hours. Her mother called for Kahi to come in to thank her for being there for Nana and to give her condolences for her brother. When they told her about how Emichi was chasing after Kiseop the way she was, Her mother apologized to Kiseop.

 

 



 

 

 

“How do you feel now that you spoke with your mother?” Kahi asked as they walked home.

 

“Surprisingly, relieved.” Nana smiled weakly. “I just wish I had gone to her earlier. I hate how it took her dying to get me to go see her.” She frowned.

 

“See ya tomorrow.” They waved when they dropped Kahi off at home.

 

“Nana that was really brave of you.” Kiseop said when it was them 2 alone. “I envy your bravery.”

 

“What do you mean?” Nana looked up at him.

 

“Kahi told me about your suicide attempt.” Kiseop looked down at her. “It was brave of you stop the way you did and to go and forgive your mother.”

 

“Kahi's brother told me 'Only weak people who can't take what life throws at them kill themselves.' When he said that I felt stupid for even thinking of it. I didn't want to ruin my life because someone else tried ruining it.” Nana remembered that night she had a gun, guitar string, and multiple medicines laid out in front of her. Just as she reached for the gun Kahi's brother broke the locked door down and kicked the gun aside and hugged her.

 

“What happened to her brother?” Kiseop asked.

 

“We were being robbed and he hid me and her in the closet. But in getting rid of them he got shot. After they shot him they fled. He died in our arms telling us how much he loved us.” Nana couldn't cry anymore. She was all dried up.

 

“I'm sorry.” Kiseop felt bad for bringing it up.



 

3 updates in one weekend YAY!!! XD

I'm so proud of myself!!

So this chpt is pretty sappy but oooo well