Arc 1: Sunny

All you need is Love, Love is all you need

Sunny


 

Yoona

 

*RIIIINNNGGG~ RIIIINNNNGGG~*

 

I heard my phone faintly ringing from my bag, I took my phone out and checked to see who was calling. Taeyeon-unnie? Wonder what she’s up to, God I can’t believe she extended their honeymoon for another month. She said Tiffany-unnie missed being in San Francisco; so pretty much she agreed for them to stay in LA for a month, or so she told me. Sigh… well at least Yuri and I are alone without those two crazy love birds. Whenever they get a chance to they always DID it inside their office. Good thing their offices are soundproofed otherwise me and my honey would have to endure hearing those two s’ , cussing and groaning. Gulp not a good thing to hear at all especially early in the morning.

 

“Yoboseyo?” I answered non-chalantly, honestly I’m jealous because those two lovebirds are taking all the time in the world while me and my wifey are stuck here.

 

“Yoong~ aren’t you glad to hear my voice?” unnie dorkily asked, sigh… as always; once a dork always a dork.

 

“Yah! unnie when are you guys coming back?” I yelled, truthfully I’m a little pissed

 

“Soon, by end of the month and we’ll have a special surprise for you and Yuri!”

 

“Actually a couple of surprises. Kekeke~”

 

“It better be a good unnie!” I replied seriously

 

“Don’t worry, anyway uhm… I have a couple of news for you guys by the way.”

 

“First, the Choi’s really like the house we’ve done for them. Good job you two, you guys will be rewarded when we get back… kekeke~” Taeyeon-unie chuckled, I feel relieved hearing that.

 

“Second, uhhmmm… Jessica, she’s going to be joining our team, she would primarily be responsible for our books of account and would also be on the interior design team with you and Tiffany.” What??????? *Gulp* I would be working side by side with that ice princess. Lord have mercy! God of my ancestors have pity on my soul~

 

“Mianhe~ it’s just that Soo really begged me, and it seems Jessica really wanted to be part of our team. She didn’t stop talking about how much fun she had spending time with us in the office.” Unnie seems to be serious and this seems to be final as well. Sigh…

 

“Lastly, Yoong… we—” I know what’s coming next so I decided to cut in.

 

“What is it now unnie? Another project?” I asked, Aigoo… We’ll be busier than ever if we’re handed another project especially without her and Tiffany. Sigh…

 

“Uhmm… yup another project don’t worry though I took care of the plans already and Tiffany will email you regarding the details for the interior. Just coordinate with her if in case you get confused.”

 

“By the way, the client is Lt. Sunny Lee; she’s a marine who recently served in Iraq…” I can’t help but notice Taeyeon-unnie slowly becoming sad when she started talking about our new client.

 

She explained that Tiffany-unnie and her met Sunny at a restaurant in San Francisco. Sunny recently came back from Iraq after completing her second tour of duty. Taeyeon explained that Sunny and her girlfriend Hyomin served in the same unit and were out on a patrol when an Improvised Explosive Device attached to a parked car by the roadside detonated and took out the humvee they were on while a Rocket Propelled Grenade took out the humvee in front of theirs. Tae-unnie said that Sunny would have been dead if not for Hyomin who sacrificed herself and took the full brunt of the explosion and shrapnel. Hyomin died on the spot, she sustained too many injuries and lost a lot of blood. I felt bad after hearing all of that, I felt if Sunny was here I’d give her a big hug. After everything she’s been through it’s the least that I could do for someone who lost the most important person in their life.

 

“Uhmm… anyway Yoong~ Sunny will be arriving there tomorrow, her flight is scheduled tonight. Tiffany and I will accompany her to the airport tonight.”

 

“Please be sure that you and Yuri pick her up tomorrow okay? I don’t want her to be alone in this difficult time. I’m sure she’s still hurting real bad…”

 

“Okay, don’t worry we’ll take care of her unnie, we’ll never leave her side.” I assured Taeyeon that Yuri and I will do our best to take care of Sunny.

 

“Oh, by the way she was also disowned by her family that’s why she and Hyomin ran away and joined the US marine Corp… in a way their story is a bit like yours and Yuri. She could really use good friends like you and Yuri.”

 

 

After our conversation about our new project and our client, I said good bye to Taeyeon and ended the call. After what I have just heard, I could help but feel sad especially when I remember everything that unnie told me about Sunny. Sigh… I know I’m fortunate enough to have my wifey around.

 

“Yul, I promise to take care of you for as long as I live, I’ll never let anything happen to you.” I exclaimed to myself, it was loud enough that I didn’t realize that there were three people who have overheard what I just said.

 

“Hey babe what’s with the promise? Do you really mean it kekeke~” My Yuri came behind me and hugged me from behind afterwards she pecked my cheeks.

 

“Aw! So sweet YoonYul is really cheesy!” I was surprised to hear two other voices; I know those two voices damn! It’s the giant shikshin and her wife the dreaded ice princess.

 

“Oh… Hey! Soo-unnie and Sica-unnie!” I turned and greeted them; of course I have to be nice since Jessica is going to be working with us. Sigh… I hope we could get along better and perhaps she could lose some of her icy attitude.

 

“Hi Yoong~ I’m gonna be working with you guys starting today! I hope we could all get along wonderfully.” Jessica bowed and smiled, I’m still not used to seeing her smile. I don’t know why but everytime she smiles I really get chills or should I say frigid.

 

“I’m actually glad unnie, I hope we could also become good friends as well.” I genuinely smiled.

 

“Okay enough of the friends-friends thing! It’s time to eat!” Sooyoung put down on the table the food she brought for all of us.

 

“Yah! Pabo! The only thing you’re really eager about really is stuffing your mouth with food! Sigh… Why did I marry a shikshin.” Jessica shook her head afterwards she massaged her temples as if she’s having a headache.

 

“I feel your pain Sica-ah… living with a shikshin can be hard!” Yuri patted Jessica-unnie’s shoulder. What the heck! I can’t believe my Yuri is saying that hhhmmppphhh!

 

“Yah! Kwon Yuri! No ‘happy’ time for you tonight!” I protested and raised my voice

 

“Oh come on babe~ can you really stand sleeping without your favorite pillows.”

 

I was caught with my pants down when Yuri hugged me and my face landed on her chest. Hmmm… the scent of her perfume good god! And her soft and nice pair of gulp… ies *boing~boing~* No way in hell I could survive the night without my favorite pillows. My Yuri grinned in victory… sigh… really I just can’t seem to win over my wifey.

 

“Hweeyyy~ *munch munch* yoouuwww guysshh eaattcchinnng~  *gulp* or not?” Sooyoung asked as she gulped down the chunk of braised beef. Crap! I hope that damn giant didn’t eat a lot of food.

 

Jessica, Yuri and I looked at each other and decided to sit down and eat before Sooyoung finishes everything up. We enjoyed eating the food Sooyoung brought for all of us. The food from her restaurant is really top notch. Her restaurant has been so successful that she is going to open two more branches. Of course she asked for us to design and oversee the construction of her two restaurants. Yuri had been busy completing the designs for those restaurants and I was busy conceptualizing the interior and overall feel of the restaurant. Soo’s restaurants are our very first solo project without Taeyeon and Tiffany. Sigh… we really didn’t have a lot of dates because of our work.

 

After our lunch, Sooyoung stayed awhile in our office. Yuri still wondered why I was saying that promise earlier. Jessica-unnie and Soo-unnie also seem interested. Sigh… guess I really have to tell them everything Tae-unnie told me. They couldn’t believe everything they heard. Jessica-unnie herself burst into tears while Sooyoung-unnie just comforted her. My honey on the other hand snuggled close to me, she tried her best to hold it in but I could feel my shirt getting a little wet because of her tears.

 

“Uhm… Yul, Yoong how about we welcome her at the airport tomorrow and Sooyoung will prepare a nice welcome home dinner tomorrow at our restaurant.” Jessica-unnie suggested, we agreed and clapped our hands. We couldn’t wait to welcome Sunny.

 

“Oh! Look at the time! I better get going now… bye princess I’ll see you later okay?” Soo-unnie kissed Sica-unnie.

 

Sooyoung-unnie left and went to her restaurant. Jessica-unnie, my honey and I cleaned up the office. Afterwards Jessica-unnie put away the empty disposable food containers and placed them into the trash receptacle. After cleaning Yuri and I began working. Jessica began her work as she checked our books of account. She went to her own office and reminded us not to disturb her since she will be busy going through our firms books of account. Only my wifey and I were left, as we continued going through the plans for Soo’s restaurants.

 

Yul, I really meant everything I said earlier, I promise to take care of you for as long as I live, I’ll never let anything happen to you.” She looked at me and smiled then she leaned close to me and rested her head on my shoulder.

 

“I believe you babe, and I know most of time I need taking care of…”

 

“but I’ll make it up to you and I promise to take care of your heart and I’ll love you and only you, Saranghaeyo Im Yoona.”

 

 

*wohoo completed this update, not the most fluffy thing I could right at the moment, I just really needed to bring in Sunny into the story. Stay tuned for the next update. Please continue to support this fic, thanks for subbing and please leave your comments. ^_^ *

 

-AnDroGeNie-