Arc 2: You, me and 3 babies 8

All you need is Love, Love is all you need

 

 

Taeyeon

 

I grinned and sighed happily at the thought of my Sooyeonnie, hhhmm... Feels like a dream. I didn't think this would happen to me, being reunited with the love of my life and my kids are so excited to have her as their appa as well. Life couldn't get any better!

 

"Yah! Stop grinning like a ert Taengoo!"

 

"Mou?!" I pointed to myself.

 

"Yah! I'm not a LEE SOONKYU!" I rebutted.

 

"Aish! Yah! didn't I tell you to never call me by my birth name!" I smirked, I knew it pissed her off.

 

Seeing how she's flared up, I started making a run for it. Sunny momentarily hissed before giving chase. I kept chuckling as we continued running around like a pair of idiots.

 

"Yah! Get back here you ahjumma!" I laughed as Soonkyu scowled before finally relenting. She didn't really have the stamina for running, and that always made me laugh. She would start sulking like a kid when she gets tired from running.

 

Without a need for a countdown she started sulking, I giggled at Sunny's little tantrum, before going to the kitchen to get us something to drink. All that running around left me a bit parched and I'm sure Sunny would appreciate the gesture.

 

"Here" I said as I brushed the cold can of soda against Sunny's forehead.

 

"Oh, thanks and these comes out of your paycheck by the way" She joked and gladly took the can from my hand with a pleased smile.

 

"You sure are lucky Taeng, I'm happy for you" I smiled, Sunny knew about my story. She practically knows everything there is about me.

 

If there's one person I confided to, it was Sunny. If she wasn't around my life would have spiraled out of control. God knows, I wouldn't be here today if I didn't have her supporting me during those times where I thought about just giving up. Sunny's been around with me since I was ten, we've been friends for such a long time that the bond we share is a lot like that between sisters. In a way we've been each other's savior, nobody better understood how we felt about our circumstance, nobody except ourselves. I lost my parents in an accident while Sunny was abandoned by her parents after they left for America. We were pretty much on the same ship and our misfortune became our common ground.

 

Sunny's grandparents took me in and it's because of them that I have lived a rather decent life. Of course somewhere along the way I met and lost Sooyeon... I became a mess but Sunny stuck with me. I entered a more destructive and socially shut out phase when I lost Sooyeon and sometimes I actually wonder why Sunny chose to stick with me. Honestly looking back at how I was back then, I would kick myself in the for being such a pain. I could never repay Sunny for everything she's done for me but I will try my hardest to be a better friend and sister to her.

 

Having lost Sooyeon, I decided not to fall in love again but while I may have closed my heart, there was someone who opened it, Jeongsu. He opened my sealed heart but he could never claim it for himself. Sooyeon had my heart, right from the start. She had it and although I tried to give Jeongsu a shot, I just couldn't give my heart fully to someone else. He was a good man, a good partner and a wonderful father to our three children but... it never felt right. I never felt genuinely happy, I felt like I was lying to myself, God knows I tried but I felt like I was forcing myself. I can't even recall if I ever told him that I truly loved him. I always had a hard time whenever he told me that he loved me because I just couldn't bring myself to say "I love you too."

 

I feel like a bad person and the way things ended... I just feel like I'm partly to blame for what happened to him. If in the afterlife I should see him again, I wonder if he'll ever forgive me, I wonder if he would understand, Jeongsu... I'm sorry and thank you for loving me.

 

It's been a couple of weeks already since I was reunited with Sooyeon. I've never known this kind of happiness, and somehow it still feels like a dream.

 

In just a short amount of time, my life literally turned around and the changes that have happened and have yet to happen astounds me. You might ask and probably curious about these changes, well allow me to tell you. For starters, Sooyeon asked me to quit my second job as a DJ at a local radio station. Like I said before I worked two jobs, well including my passion for writing children's books I suppose that would make three... Either way the point is she specifically asked me to quit that job since she wants me to be with the kids at night. Honestly, Sooyeon would rather have me stay at home but I told her that I couldn't let Sunny run the bakeshop on her own.

 

Quitting my second job isn't a really bad deal, besides I'd be more than happy to play the housewife role for my Sooyeonnie and welcome her home. Well... Speaking of homes, one more big change in my life is moving out of my house. It happened so fast that all I had to do was pack mine and my kids’ bags. I called the realtor a week ago to put it up for sale and the next thing I knew I just signed a deal earlier today and sold my house to its new owner. I'm going to miss that house... But I guess it isn't such a bad deal. I'm more than happy because now I live with Sooyeonnie, that's right me, my three daughters, Sooyeon's dad and of course my lovely Sooyeonnie!

 

"Hey Taengoo, why are you smiling like that again?" Sunny asked with some interest. I didn't realize that my walk down memory lane has made me smile again.

 

"I'm just happy, it just feels like things are sliding into place." I answered dreamily and ended with a happy and dreamy sigh.

 

"Keke I'm happy you're happy Taengoo but we really need to get back to work" Sunny giggled and pinched my cheeks.

 

"Yes ma'am!" I saluted and followed her back to our stations.

 

Sunny manned the counter while I went to the kitchen and checked on the cakes and pastries that we baked earlier. We still had a few more batches of cupcakes, muffins, mini cakes and cookies to make. Seeing that we still had 2 hours before opening the bakeshop, I decided to get busy and start working on those pastries.

 

Time sure flies so easily these days, I didn't really notice that we were about to close shop until my favorite persons in the world showed up.

 

"Moooooooommmmmmmyyyyyyyy~!" my three angels chorused the moment they entered the bakeshop.

 

"Aigoo! my three little angels!" I greeted my daughters and hugged them really tight.

 

"Mommy look!" IU excitedly showed me a ribbon pinned on her uniform.

 

"What is that darling?" I asked and knelt down to look closely at the ribbon.

 

"I got first place in show and tell!" IU proudly answered.

 

"Jjinja! Well since my little IU got first place..." I stood up and briefly left the three kids and went to the kitchen.

 

When I came back from the kitchen, I hid behind me a special surprise for my smart little girl.

 

"Tada! Here's a special Chocolate and strawberry cupcake!" IU clapped her hands and squealed in delight, I playfully pinched her nose and hugged her tight.

 

"Thank you mommy~!" IU pecked my cheeks and ran to one of the tables in the bakeshop and enjoyed her cupcake.

 

"Mommy..." I looked at my twins and as expected they were a bit jealous

 

"Yes sweethearts?" I asked as I knelt in front of them.

 

"We were good in school today, we didn't get into trouble..." Sulli explained while glancing at IU who was enjoying her cupcake.

 

"... and teacher said we behaved well nyan~" Suzy continued and her lips as she caught a glance of IU biting into the strawberry jelly filled chocolate cupcake.

 

I knew they also wanted a cupcake; I motioned my daughters to join their unnie and wait for me there. I went back into the kitchen and grabbed a few more cupcakes for my three beautiful daughters. Before stepping out of the kitchen I watched how Sulli and Suzy continue to pout as they watch IU eat her cupcake. IU on the other hand noticed her dongsaengs pouting. She readily shared her cupcakes with them. Seeing them happily sharing the cupcakes made me really proud. I thank god for giving me such wonderful daughters and it warms my heart knowing I did my part and raised them well.

 

"Here's more cupcakes for my precious daughters!" I happily declared as I stepped out of the kitchen with a plate of cupcakes.

 

My daughters had broad smiles from ear to ear but their smiles can't measure the huge amount of joy they've given me. I joined my three daughters and watch them happily munching on the cupcakes I made.

 

"Aigoo! Am I really that short that you girls didn't notice me~!" If she didn't speak up I might have forgotten about her as well.

 

"Mianhe aunt Sunny~!" my daughters chorused and immediately got down from their seats and hugged Sunny.

 

Sunny joined us and my kids began excitedly talking about school. All three kids kept trying to top each other but it was in good fun, they just like the attention and I'm more than happy to give them that. These past few days have been a blessing and prior to all of this I rarely get to spend all this time with my kids. The typical routine for me back then was pick up the kids, leave them with Sunny before I go to work at the Radio station. That was how it was but now...

 

Things are different...

 

"Sorry it took long!" I turned to look at the direction where that sweet voice is coming from and right through the open door she stood.

 

"Sooyeonnie~!" my lips tugged together into a smile to match the sweet smile on her face.

 

Oh how she makes butterflies flutter within my stomach.

 

My heart would have thumped out of my chest and my feet would've sprouted wings to carry me to where she stood with that radiant smile adorned on her face. Unconsciously my feet led me to her and with a simple touch of her hands on my cheeks; I met her warm hazelnut eyes. In those eyes I saw myself, in those eyes I found my place. Her thumb drew circles on my crimson cheeks, I lost myself under her dreamy gaze.

 

Her lips drew closer, closer until I started to feel her breath tickling my skin, closer until the scent of strawberries entered my nostrils. The gap between our lips narrowed and disappeared into oblivion, our lips then pressed against each other and like the rain on a hot summer day, I eagerly welcomed and savored our kiss.

 

"What took you so long?" I asked as we broke off our kiss and leaned my forehead against hers.

 

"I had to run to the flowershop to get you these" Sooyeonnie replied as she peeled herself from me and gave me a single white rose.

 

"Must you do this everyday?" I bashfully asked as I accepted the flower and inhaled it's fragrance.

 

"Everyday for the rest of my life, princess" She smiled a most beautiful and captivating smile.

 

I was lost for words, I grinned happily and kissed her lips. Sooyeon welcomed my lips with a smile but not even a second sooner we were forced to break our kiss.

 

"Sica appa~!" Sooyeon glanced at her side and found IU tugging on her shirt.

 

"Yes honey what's wrong?" Sooyeon asked my daughter curiously.

 

"appa forgot about that unnie you were talking to over the phone." Sooyeon facepalmed herself and took out her phone.

 

"Who is IU talking about Sooyeonnie?" I inquired as I watched her get up and take her phone out from her pocket.

 

"IU's talking about Seohyun. She's supposed to meet me here- Oh shoot! I forgot she doesn't know this place. Erm... I'll be  right back!" I couldn't help but giggle at her cuteness. I tried to stifle my giggles as Sooyeonnie dialed Hyunnie's number and quickly ran out of the bakeshop. Outside the shop I saw her looking from left to right, her phone pressed against her ear.

 

"Mom" my attention diverted to my daughters when I heard Sulli calling out to me.

 

"Yes sweetheart?"

 

"Can I have your Ipad? I wanna play plants vs zombies 2" Of the three of them, Sulli can't stay still doing nothing. I left our table and retrieved my Ipad.

 

The moment I returned the kids were on the table behind the one we were crowding in earlier. IU's on her coloring book while Suzy's playing with her totoro plushy. I handed my Ipad to Sulli and left all three of them alone as I went back to the table where Sunny still sat in.

 

"So who is this Seohyun anyways?" Sunny asked while casually eating one of the left over cupcakes.

 

"She's Sooyeonnie's assistant" I casually replied before grabbing a cupcake.

 

"What  is she's coming over for?" Sunny further queried

 

"Beats me" I shrugged "I guess we'll know when she gets here"

 

"Is she y, free and single?" Sunny asked with a sleazy grin, I rolled my eyes and ignored her by my munching on the cupcake in my hand.

 

After dismissing all other questions concerning Seohyun, I watched Sooyeon, she kept looking out on both sides of the road before finally breaking out into an excited grin. She excitedly waved her free hand and I didn't have to ponder over it since Seohyun came into view and casually greeted her. They exchanged some few words before stepping inside the bakeshop.

 

"Hi unnie!" Seohyun greeted with a smile on her face.

 

"Hi Hyunnie!" I greeted back as she came to our table with Sooyeonnie smiling or more like grinning from ear to ear. The way she grinned meant something and it only served to peak my interest.

 

When they finally settled down into their own seats Sunny wasted no time ogling over Seohyun. Knowing that my friend is really a wolf in a cute aegyo filled bunny’s clothing, I pinched Sunny's sides which caused her to yelp which earned surprised looks from Sooyeonnie and Seohyun.

 

"What's wrong Sunny you okay?"

 

"A-ah hehe I'm okay Sica" Sunny faked or more like forced a smile

 

"It's just that an ANT bit me" she said while secretly throwing a glare at me. I snorted after hearing her reply.

 

"Anyway Sica ah, who's your friend here" I couldn't resist rolling my eyes and scoff when Sunny's eyes twinkled as she turned her attention at Seohyun.

 

If there's one thing I'm sure of, Sunny's like a shark that smells blood in the water when it comes to girls. I've known her long enough to know what her type is and unfortunately Seohyun meets her criteria. Ugh… who am I kidding, Sunny would hit on any chick taller than her! God! This means I have to sit down and watch her try to pick up Seohyun. I hope I’ll be able to stop myself from punching her in the face.

 

"Oh, uhm... Sunny ah she's my assistant" Sooyeonnie shivered when she saw the overly excited Bunny twinkle her eyes at Seohyun.

 

The poor girl doesn't even know what coming, tsk tsk... oh boy.

 

"Hi I'm Seo Juhyun but you can just call me Seohyun." Seohyun as per usual politely introduced herself with a smile while extending her hand towards Sunny.

 

While Sunny accepted Seohyun's hand she batted her eyelashes and as expected not even Hyunnie could withstand Sunny's eyes. She actually blushed and that didn’t go unnoticed by Sunny who happily shook Seohyun's hand then purposely crinkled her eyes into those eye smiles while her lips charmingly smile, showing off her pearly whites.

 

“Uhm… h-has anybody ever told y-you… you have nice eyes, u-unie?” Sooyeonnie eyed Seohyun incredulously and I myself can’t believe this girl complimented my friend. If she didn’t stutter so much I would say she’s trying to pick up or maybe even flirt with Sunny.

 

“Awww shucks thank you and that’s sooooo sweet of you Seohyunnie~” Sunny smiled sheepishly and even pinched Seohyun’s cheeks. I felt chills run down my spine when Sunny even used her aegyo.

 

Sooyeonnie then nudged my sides

 

“I think I’m gonna hurl” She whispered

 

“Would it be okay if I just punch her?” I whispered in return, Sooyeon chuckled a bit then held my hand prompting me to not even try raising my fists on my friend.

 

I pretended to clear my throat and tried to defuse any romantic/ flirtatious tension between Sunny and Seohyun. I’m so not in the mood and I don’t want Sunny to really bring her game since my daughters are around.

 

“So what brings you here Hyunnie?” I asked with a flat ‘all-business’ voice.

 

She was still dazed because of Sunny’s smoldering eyes but after hearing me speak up, Seohyun eventually got out of my friend’s hypnotizing eyes.

 

“O-oh… right! Ahm, Sica unnie asked me make arrangements for you and the three kids.” I blinked a couple times and looked at my grinning lover, throwing her a questioning look as I’m still not really sure about where all of this is going.

 

I watched Seohyun retrieve something from her satchel, she pulled out brown envelope and laid it across the table.

 

“What’s inside?” I asked both skeptical and clueless about the little parcel

 

“Open it” Sooyeon cooed before breaking into a grin

 

I scrunched my eyebrows and narrowed my eyes on the envelope. I cautiously reached for the envelope and still took time to debate about whether I shoul look at its contents or not.

 

“Oh for heaven’s sake! Just open it! Seriously you think there’s a bomb in there?!” Sunny dramatically exclaimed and raised her hands in the air. I threw a glare at her and immediately she stopped her theatrics and shut up.

 

I opened the envelope and inside it I saw 4 sets of passports and visas. I turned to look at my lovely Sooyeonnie and she had nothing to say except continue sporting that grin that still shines on her face.

 

"You got this for me and the kids?" I asked and earned a very excited nod in return.

 

"Well... School's out and uhm... Well dad was hoping we could all go visit Krys in America. She couldn't come home for the holidays so he thought we might as well fly over to the States." I calmly nodded... Without realizing everything she just said...

 

W-wait! What?! Did she just say? Yeah finally my slow brain processed and understood everything.

 

"Ugh... Did you say we're going to America?" I nervously asked.

 

"Uh huh" Sooyeonnie nodded vigorously

 

"You, me and the kids?" I dumbly pointed to her, myself and the kids who were still clueless about all this.

 

"Yes darling, all of us are flying to America to surprise Krystal, she's going to go cray cray when she meets the kids!"


 

So I'm back! Yey! I'm back writing and updating when I can! ^_^

Thanks to these guys for leaving comments

icejelly, RavingJenny and nanny15