Arc 2: You, me and 3 babies 3

All you need is Love, Love is all you need

 

Thank you for my new subscribers, gosh I didn't think I'd get over 61 by now.

Thanks for the lovely comments really appreciate it!


 

 

 

Taeyeon

 

 

Sooyeon… I can’t believe that you’re here but what happened to you? Where have you gone? All this time… I always wondered what ever happened to you… why did you have to leave me… but none of that matters… you’re here and I won’t let anything separate us ever again.

 

 

I took her to the nearest hospital, honestly when she collapsed in my arms I panicked a lot, luckily her car keys fell out from her pocket. I wasted no time and drove her to the nearest hospital. My three little girls wondered why I broke down and cried, they even wondered even more when I called her Sooyeon and even went as far as kissing her. I know my daughters have questions but I can’t tell them just yet… not now, when the only thing that I could think about is this unconscious girl sleeping soundly on her hospital bed. I sat beside her bed and ran my fingers on her forehead, I gently brushed aside the tassels of her hair and noticed a scar, it’s barely visible but if you had a good look you would notice it there. I didn’t and couldn’t recall Sooyeon ever having that scar. She certainly didn’t have it while we were together. How did you get that scar Sooyeon?

 

 

After taking Sooyeon to the hospital I thought it best to inform her family. The attendants were kind enough to hand me Sooyeon’s clothes including her phone that was in one of her pockets. I managed to get in touch with Sooyeon’s dad and Yuri, strangely enough I didn’t see her mother in her directory. I found it odd but decided not to concern myself with it as it wasn’t the important matter at hand. I continued to watch over Sooyeon as my three daughters fell asleep on the couch; at least they aren’t giving me any trouble.

 

 

The door then creaked open and as I looked over my shoulder, I saw Mr. Jung coming inside the room. I got up from where I was seated and politely bowed.

 

 

“It’s been a long time… Taeyeon ah.” He greeted, he briefly looked at the couch and was surprised to see my three kids.

 

 

“Yes, it’s been a long time… Mr. Jung…” I meekly replied. He went over to Sooyeon’s side and gave her peck on her forehead.

 

 

I stood nervously as he then turned his attention to me. I nearly played with the hem the dress shirt I was wearing as he gestured me to have seat next to him.

 

 

“Are those three…” He carefully asked but before he could continued with his question I decided to cuf him off and answer his question.

 

 

“Yes they are, the one wearing those big glasses is my eldest IU, those two beside her are Sulli and Suzy, and they are twins.” He remained quiet as my eyes lingered at my three daughters.

 

 

“So you got married then Taeyeon ah?” I sighed and and shook my head at his question. I sighed once again before explaining myself.

 

 

“When Sooyeon disappeared… I didn’t know how to live my life. I felt so depressed that I thought I had no reason to live. It was a difficult time for me Mr. Jung. I had no one to turn to and I was terribly missing Sooyeon. One day I met Jeongsu, he was a kind man, when I was at my worst he comforted me and took care of me. I felt so alone that I gladly accepted him, I didn’t really love him but he was kind and he took care of me. I thought I would eventually learn to love him. We stayed together for nearly 4 years and in those four years, my daughters were born. Since we had three daughters to raise we couldn’t come up with enough money for our wedding. Despite the fact that we couldn’t afford a wdding, we were both happy to welcome our daughters but I was still fooling myself.

 

 

It was late in the evening, Jeongsu and I had a terrible fight; he was upset and was heavily intoxicated with alcohol. We had a verbal spat that night, he wasn’t the type of person that would needlessly hit a woman but in his fit of rage and perhaps fueled by his intoxication… he slapped me so hard that my lips were busted open. He would have done worst if the kids weren’t around. He was so ashamed of what he’s done that he left our house and drove off.

 

 

Jeongsu didn’t come home that night, a day passed and soon became two… but still I heard nothing of him. On the third day the police came knocking on our door, they told me that they found him and his car at the bottom of the river. They said he swirved out of the road when he tried to avoid an oncoming truck. Jeongsu was not able to regain control of his car and drove it straight down the river. Since he died, life got harder, I had to pay for the mortgage and my girls were growing fast. I had to make ends meet, I joggle two jobs a day just to pay the bills and give my girls a decent life.”

 

 

I didn’t realize that I was in tears when I recounted how my life has been. Mr. Jung held my hand gave it a light squeeze.

 

 

“I’m so sorry Taeyeon ah; I didn’t know you had such a hard life.”

 

 

“N-no, you don’t need to be sorry Mr. Jung… you did nothing wrong and besides I—” I was speaking profusely, I felt uncomfortable with the fact that he was apologizing. Just then he shushed me.

 

 

“Taeyeon, Sooyeon… she never meant to leave you… that day when the two of you were supposed to meet in the park… she and her mom got into an accident.”

 

 

An accident? I had no idea… I wanted to ask more about it but I could hardly find my voice. What Mr. Jung is telling me is a lot to handle and too much to take in…

 

“Soohee offered to take Sooyeon to the park, my wife was on her way to a business meeting and the park that you girls were going to meet in was a few blocks away from where she would be attending that business meeting. That day… it was like any other day, Sooyeon was happy and excited to see you, I had the day off and was busy watching over Soojung, and my wife; Soohee was all happy to see Sooyeon so happy.

 

 

But no one… not me or my wife and daughter were prepared for what happened as they were on the freeway...

 

 

Their car traversed the freeway well within the speed limit; my wife was always a careful driver especially when our family is with her. But no matter how careful Soohee was, accidents were just bound to happen. A rig was traveling at a high speed, the truck was pulling a trailer filled with piles of concrete posts. The driver was in a hurry that he was dodging the slow moving cars left and right completely not minding just how long and wide his truck was.

 

 

In his haste to reach his destination, the truck pulled up next to my wife’s car. Soohee paid no mind and instead stayed on her lane as any other driver would. There was enough clearance for that truck to cleanly overtake my wife’s car but what nobody guessed was that as the truck changed lanes another car came in from the other lane and cut him off. The driver of the rig had to step on the brakes to avoid that car but as he slammed on the brakes… my wife and Sooyeon were most unfortunate.

 

 

My wife wasn’t able to anticipate that the trailer would swing around as the rig came to a screeching halt. Her car slammed against the trailer head on, pinning her against the dashboard. My wife tried her best to steer the car away but she had little room, however she did manage to veer the car away from the trailer enough to save Sooyeon’s life. But at a tremendous cost, Soohee couldn’t make it and despite her best efforts Sooyeon was badly hurt and she had huge gash on her forehead.

 

 

When I found out about what had happened to my wife and daughter, I was devastated. I thought I lost both of them, but Sooyeon… she made it. But she wasn’t out of the woods yet, her injuries were too severe and at that time I thought… I thought I was going to lose my daughter too. I spared no expense and flew her and the rest of my family to America, there she got the best medical care money could offer but the accident terribly messed her up. She couldn’t recognize anyone not me or Soojung, she barely knew anything; it was as if all her memories have been wiped clean and she has been given a clean slate to work on again.

 

 

I thought it was the price to pay for saving my daughter’s life but as she gradually recovered I’ve seen her suffer little by little. She’d like to make me think that she’s alright but when I get a good look at her, I could see how much she struggled with herself. She knew how to do things and her body remembers things that her mind can’t. It was pretty painful… torturous to watch my own daughter suffering and yet I knew there was nothing I could do.

 

 

I showed her pictures of her past, even home videos, mostly those were videos of you girls spending time together but she just couldn’t remember… no matter how hard she tried. As she grew up, Sooyeon chose to immerse herself in other things like academics and eventually taking over our family business. She might not say it but I knew, she’s been sad and lonely since the day you girls were parted.”

 

 

I remained rooted in my seat, I did always wonder why? How she could just disappear on me but I never knew… I should have known that Sooyeon would never willingly leave my side. I began to break down cry as I bury my face in my hands. Mr. Jung soothingly rubbed my back. He and Mrs. Jung did accept my relationship with Sooyeon and I’d be forever grateful for that. But now, now I wonder what would become of me and Sooyeon?

 

 

“Mr. Jung…”

 

 

“Please, Taeyeon call me uncle. You never were that formal with me before and you shouldn’t start now. Not when you and Sooyeon met each other once again.” I looked at him curiously, what does he mean?

 

 

“B-but Mister— I-I I mean uncle things aren’t like what they were before, I have three daughters now… Sooyeon… she might not… we couldn’t… it wouldn’t workout.” I stammered and tried to get my point across but as I tried my voice continued to shrink until I couldn’t utter them anymore.

 

 

As much as I love Sooyeon I realized that things aren’t the same anymore and the sad reality is she might not accept me and my daughters. I dwelled on these thoughts and Uncle Jung was at a loss for words, he understood what I was saying and where I was coming from. He had a disappointed look on his face after hearing what I said.

 

 

“Please Taeyeon ah; I know that the old Sooyeon is still in there, I’m sure she’ll accept you and your daughters no matter what. Please don’t give up on her, don’t give up on your happiness, please I beg you Taeyeon don’t give up on Sooyeon.” I was so surprised with uncle Jung’s words, he even begged me to reconsider.

 

 

I was still pondering over things when suddenly I heard somebody groaning. I looked at Sooyeon’s bed and I saw her stirring as she continued to groan.

 

 

“Tae…yeon…” I heard Sooyeon groaning and mumbling my name, I hurriedly went to her side and clutched her hand.

 

 

“Sooyeon!” I exclaimed as she opened her eyes. She looked at me and a huge a smile erupted on her face.

 

 

“Taeyeon! My love~!” Sooyeon suddenly sat up and launched herself towards me. I wasn’t even over the initial shock when she suddenly pecked my lips.

 


-AnDroGeNie-