Chapter 2

Thin Line Between Love and Hate
++++++++


"Wake up now Young Master Jaejoong. You will be late for your classes if you remain in your bed."

The usual morning greet of the butler along with the reminder that today was the start of his personal hell, which came by the name of Yunho, made Jaejoong further want to stay in bed until the end of the world came. "Go away!" He mumbled under the covers, intent of burying himself alive under the pillows and blankets that was currently crushing him to the mattress.

Anything was better than to have that scary kid within range of his breathing space at school. Especially now that after he was done doing an extensive research on the guy's background who transferred to their academy a few months ago, he finally understood. Of why everyone seemed to always shrink in fear whenever Jung Yunho was around. Or of why students kept telling him to be careful of the guy who kept looking at him at a distance like he was was about eat him alive.

Jaejoong had simply thought that Yunho was your ordinary everyday delinquent. But god he was wrong.

When he had been given the task of watching over Yunho's first few detention classes, his Council members had been horrified and all had given him good luck wishes, while some even said, Well it was nice knowing ya Jaejoong-sshi...

It had scared him a bit back then. But of course, after detention was done, he thought all the terror stricken faces they'd showed him was just a joke since nothing had been out of the ordinary. He gave out instructions and Yunho complied.

But after the other day's incident and the information he learned about Yunho's past. Jaejoong just wasn't sure anymore.

He dove deeper into the covers, badly wanting to stay there forever. "Leave me alone!"

"I'm afraid that is not an option young master." The butler said, already pulling the blankets and pillows off Jaejoong's body. "It is one of my responsibilities to make sure that you attend your classes. You are not allowed to slack off even once. Ever."

The next sound that came out of Jaejoong's mouth was a mixture of a whimper and a sob. And after about an hour and a half later with a lot of growling and kicking and punching on the young man's part as he tried to fight off his bodyguards in their attempts to get him to school, he was still thrashing and twisting violently inside the car. "This is so not fair!"



++++++++

Yunho maneuvered the digital camera in his hand, the one Professor Heechul handed him early that morning on his way to school, fighting the strongest urge to throw the damn thing to the floor and step on it until it was reduced to smithereens.

Shaking his head, Yoochun murmured. “Whatever you’re thinking of doing. Don’t do it man. Uncle loves that camera.” He took the device and looked it over, before adding. “It’s a miracle he was willing to let you use it for the sake of the project.”

Yunho lighted a cigarette and took a long drag before replying flatly. “Once I graduate I’m going to bury your Uncle alive.”

“Thanks for the heads up. I’ll make sure I give him the advice of hiding in the mountains once you get your diploma.”

Yunho smirked and kicked a pebble on the ground.

Yoochun turned the camera on and began taking shots of passing students. “You already know how this works right?”

“I’m not completely hopeless.” Yunho grunted. “Heechul-nim already drilled the know hows to my head last night.”

Yoochun nodded as he busied himself with the camera. “Ok cool. Just checking.”

Yunho sat on the floor with his legs crossed, huffing. “He’s late.” He said as he puffed out a smoke in the air.

“Jaejoong-sshi isn’t the type to be late.” Yoochun murmured as he sat down beside Yunho. He turned sideways and began video taping the scowling friend. “Did you do something to him yesterday after class? You scared him didn't you?”

After taking another drag, Yunho looked at the sky, eyebrows knitting together. “That's really none of your business."

Yoochun sighed. "Cranky as ever."

Yunho looked down, craned his neck and glared at the camera, nearly growling. "Get that thing off my face Yoochun ah.”

“Sheesh man, you don’t have to growl on me.” Yoochun did what he was told and took a video of a guy who just walked passed them instead. “With the rate you’re going, one day people will mistake you for a bear not a teenager.”

“Bears are killers. I like bears."

"Weirdo." Yoochun said with a heavy shrug. He was happy that Yunho finally got rid of his stupid posse of a gang that he had to endure dealing with the past years. But the way Yunho naturally contemplates on killing people still gave him the creeps. His friend never really killed anyone before but they had been quite literally on the verge of death after he was done beating the out of them. Most times, Yoochun preferred to pretend that all the threats Yunho said were just lame jokes.

At a distance, a familiar Mercedes Benz came through the school gates.

Yoochun nudged Yunho who was gazing at the sky with that far-away look in his eyes again. "Your project is here."

Tearing his eyes away from the clouds, Yunho glanced at the car approaching the building's lobby where they were currently seated at. He ruffled his hair and let out an annoyed groan. "I swear I'll ing kill your Uncle in the very near future."

"You know in foreign countries you can end up in jail making threats like that."

Yunho ignored his comment. He pulled the cigarette from his mouth and threw it at a nearby garbage can, stood up and grabbed the camera from Yoochun who was already drooling at the young man stepping out of the expensive looking car.

"Damn! If I only knew that slacking off meant getting to have a perfectly good excuse to stalk Jaejoong-sshi 24/7..."

"If you want it so much why don't you do it?" Yunho interrupted, eyes trailing after the Student President's movements.

Their eyes met and Yunho couldn't help but smugly smirk when Jaejoong quickly tore his gaze away from him and ran off.

Yoochun looked up at his friend. "Uhh, unfortunately I'm not the one that has the possibility of repeating the year."

It was strange. But seeing Jaejoong flustered and quite possibly afraid of him gave him quite the rush.

"I'm going." Yunho said and picked up his bag. He adjusted the camera in his hand and followed Jaejoong's footsteps.

"Be good!" Yoochun yelled at Yunho's retreating back like a mother who was about to send her child for the first time to kindergarten. Finally when Yunho turned around the corner and out of sight, Yoochun shook his head in amusement and got to his feet, smirking knowingly. "For someone who claims to hate doing this project. You seem pretty interested hyung."



++++++

Throughout the duration of the morning period, Jaejoong tried his best to act natural, to not be bothered with the intimidating figure following him just a few feet behind. But how the heck was he supposed to do that? Whenever he approached a person, they either run for dear life or stand there shaking in fear while he was trying to hold a decent conversation!

What did he ever do to deserve this? He was a good person. A ing good person!

Jaejoong briskly walked without direction, his head lowered and his thoughts in a whirl. He can hear heavy footfalls behind him. It had been happening ever since he arrived at school and frankly he was about to faint from all the anxiety.

I shouldn't be affected. I mean sure he's been following me since morning but it's just part of the project! This shouldn't really matter to me. I mean, come on! I'm used to students stalking me everyday inside school anyway and Jung Yunho shouldn't be an exception! I can do this! And so what if he had the record of putting his enemies to hospitals in middle school? We're not really enemies right? So I shouldn't be afraid of him. Yeah. I'm definitely not afraid of -- "

"Jaejoong-sshi watch out for the -- "

BAM! Jaejoong, meet cemented wall. Cemented wall, meet Jaejoong.

The beautiful male's whole world turned upside down.

"Yikes. That's gonna bruise." A male student said flinching.

Jaejoong dazedly looked up, his glasses askew, wondering why were there stars in broad daylight.

And why was the world spinning?

Then - the reaction of pain came like fireworks exploding in New Year.

Jaejoong gasped, feeling like his head was going to be split in two. "Oh god that hurts!"

"Oh my! Jaejoong-sshi are you okay?" It was a female voice that asked.

His response was a pained groaned, grimacing wholeheartedly as he clutched at his rapidly becoming sore forehead.

It was their lunch break and the students began clamoring around the whimpering Student President on the floor, all of them fervently asking if Jaejoong was alright but no one had the common sense to actually remotely help the fallen sunbae.

"Move away or you're going to be in a lot of pain."

Upon hearing the familiar chilling, enough to freeze your very bones voice, the sea of students cautiously stepped back.

In comparison to Jaejoong's popularity of being loved, adored, cherished and worshiped, on the other side of course there was someone as popular as him, though from a completely different reason. He was either hated or feared. That was Jung.

It was a known fact that Jung Yunho was a legend. In middle school he was said to have been engaged in gang fights one after the other, always coming out unscratched after every fight. And after the 26 vs 1 legendary battle, Yunho being the one against the 26 gang members, such feat had been imprinted in the heads of the youngsters in their town.

And even though he had been relatively quiet and tamed since a few months ago, no one still dared to cross Jung Yunho.

The students watched with widened eyes and held breath as the devil incarnate crouched beside Jaejoong's figure and began poking at him like it was a joke. Pulling out a cigarette from his uniform's pocket, Yunho placed it between his lips and lighted the stick. "Hey Jaejoong, are you gonna continue lying down or are you going to get up any time soon?"

Jaejoong didn't answer. Yunho frowned at the lack of response, and movement now that he's thought about it. "Hey, you okay?" His voice sounded weird, almost gentle but whatever. Clearing his thoughts, he shook Jaejoong's body and turned him around . When Jaejoong was lying on his back, Yunho found out that he was passed out... and were those tears?

The onlookers began whispering amongst themselves. Some were pointing out how Yunho had been stalking their sunbae all morning like a ert. And some were surprised with his concern if you could call it that towards another human being.

Brushing the other's cheek, Yunho scoffed and plucked the cigarette from his mouth. "You're more fragile than I thought."

Looking up at the annoying mass, he gestured for a shaking student to get his lighted cig to be thrown into a trashcan. The boy was only able to comply with his order a few seconds after Yunho kneed him in the stomach for being so ing slow.

Once that drama was done, Yunho lifted Jaejoong's unconscious body from the floor, earning him a few gasps from the act alone. And just to mess up with their heads a little more because Yunho found amusement in seeing their shocked faces, the same time that it made his blood boil how everyone looked at Jaejoong like he belonged to each and everyone of them and about how goddamn perfect he was, he pressed the other man closer to his chest and said in an overly-possessive tone.

"If either one of you tries to touch him again. I don't care if you need his help. I won't think twice of inflicting pain."

Confused glances were exchanged and a voice amongst the students asked a shaky. "W-Why?"

Yunho deviously smirked. "Because he's my lover." His eyes narrowed into slits "And I don't like to share."

Everyone's eyes widened like saucers as jaws dropped to the floor.

Ha! Yunho mused in evil glee. Imagine that, their every perfect Jaejoong-sshi in a relationship with another man. Yunho didn't ing care about labels and such stupid thoughts, but he knew that the general population still vehemently felt disgusted about homouals. How was that for perfect? Poor irritating girls that loved to throw themselves at Jaejoong's feet.

Yunho's smirk grew wider.

Turning around and walking out the cafeteria doors, Yunho left a dumbfounded audience in his wake.



++++++++


Jaejoong woke up to a white ceiling and a scary face hovering above him. With the quick realization that it was Jung Yunho who was too close for comfort, Jaejoong screamed. And he wasn't even gonna try to deny that he screamed like a girl.

A hand covered his mouth, followed by Yunho's menacing growl and Jaejoong stilled, eyes wide.

"What are you screaming like a ing girl about to get for?" Yunho asked annoyed. Another scowl marred his features as he added in a low voice. "I'm going to take my hand away but you better not scream or I'll cut you wide open."

Jaejoong shuddered, feeling his insides shake at the threat. After a vigorous nod, Yunho withdrew his hand away from his mouth. Jaejoong wondered if he could make a run for it and escape, but judging from the other's personality, he better not.

Yunho would just catch him and then he'd get beaten down. He wasn't a coward, but he had a valid reason to fear this guy.

So instead, Jaejoong settled for sitting upright as he scooted backwards on the bed, keeping a good distance between them.

"W-what happened?" he shakily asked. And when Yunho smirked, Jaejoong felt a sinking feeling in his stomach.

Resting his elbow on the soft sheets, Yunho looked up at Jaejoong with innocent eyes, and he was pulling it off too. "What do you mean Jaejoongie?" His lower lip trembled. "Don't tell me you don't remember anything happening between us?"

"W-what?!"

Yunho's gaze moved downward and it was only then did Jaejoong realize that his shirt was ed and his pants were gone.

Jaejoong's eyes went round as the moon. He looked back at Yunho in shell-shocked horror - then shrieked.

"What the hell!!!"