Chapter 10

Thin Line Between Love and Hate
+++++++


After the question left Yunho's lips, he jolted out of bed. Backed up against the wall, he looked at Jaejoong and everyone else in sheer terror. Seeing the opened door, he made a run for it, quite possibly to escape. But he was stopped short by the entrance when four male nurses came bustling in. They held Yunho's arms and legs. The young teenager tried to fight them off but their hands on him were firm.

"Who are you! Let me go!" Yunho yelled, squirming against their grips as if thinking that he was in the company of criminals.

The doctor came in through the door along with Heechul. While everyone's attention had been on Yunho, it was Heechul who called for the hospital staff, informing them that Yunho was awake and how he couldn't seem to remember his friends and especially who he was.

When the nurses laid the patient none-too gently back on the bed, Yunho resorted to growling. "I said let me go! What do you want from me?!"

Hand clutching at his chest tightly, Jaejoong retreated several steps back as he stared at Yunho in sorrowful realization. He didn't want to believe it. But it was clear. There was no recognition in Yunho's eyes. Jaejoong's tears welled up. Yunho... didn't remember him.

"Mr. Jung, you have to calm down. We can't get anything done if you act like this." The doctor thundered.

But his voice didn't seem to reach the hyperventilating young man as he continued to struggle. "Please let me go!"

"Mr Jung!" The doctor held Yunho's shoulders and peered into his eyes. "You are not in danger. Get it together and listen to me!"

It took about several minutes more before Yunho seemed to catch his words. Eventually, something in his eyes told them how he understood that struggling would get him nowhere. Slowly, he stopped fighting off the nurses, body going lax as he nodded at the doctor. The nurses slightly let go of their hold on him, but never fully retracting their hands off just yet for safety purposes.

The doctor sat on the bed. "Now tell me what's wrong?"

"Why don't you tell me?!" Yunho's expression was becoming that of a rabbit about to chew his own foot. "Who are you people?"

Jaejoong's eyes stung painfully as he covered a hand to his mouth. This couldn't be happening. Not when he finally realized his feelings.

"Who am I?!" The way Yunho gazed at them spoke volumes of profound despair and fear. He looked trapped, lost and confused. He clutched at his head again like he was desperately trying to recall but couldn't. "Why can't I remember anything?!"

"Jaejoong are you okay?" Yoochun asked when he caught sight of Jaejoong's grief-stricken face and ran to his side. "Hey, breathe."

Tears spilled down Jaejoong's cheeks. "Yoochun, he doesn't..." he choked out the words, failing to swallow his sobs.

Yoochun wrapped his arms around Jaejoong's frame, wanting to comfort him and to be comforted himself. When Yunho didn't look at him with an inkling of remembrance, Yoochun felt like he died a little too. "Don't worry, I'm sure we'll figure out what's wrong with him."

Yunho lifted his head and looked at Jaejoong and Yoochun, gaze sweeping to the rest as he directed them with his tearful gaze. The doctor laid a gentle hand on his shoulder. Yunho's voice was caught between a whimper and a sob when he asked. "W-what's happening to me?"



++++++++

"From the results of the patient's MRI scan, there wasn't any kind of damage in his brain or skull that might be the reason for his amnesia." The doctor glanced back at Yunho, who was sitting dolefully on the bed. "However in some cases, post-traumatic amnesia does occur." he paused, then added. "As what you've told me, he saved another student's life from the fourth floor of your school's building, correct?"

"Yes, that other student is Kim Jaejoong." Heechul replied. "Yunho here literally jumped from a window to save him."

Everyone looked at Jaejoong who had refused to talk as well ever since Yunho's panic episode just a while ago.

He kept looking at Yunho from the chair that he occupied unblinking, as if he was hoping that if Yunho would see him long enough, by some miracle something in his face might trigger Yunho's memory and he'd be able to remember him again.

"Hmmm, the severity and shock of the situation might have been the cause of the temporary memory loss." The doctor closed the clipboard that he was holding. "Brave kid I must say." he said with a smile. "It's rare to see teenagers these days to have a sense of selflessness."

"How long is this gonna last?" Jaejoong's voice was dull, like all energy had been out of him.

"We never know for sure." The doctor turned to him. "Post traumatic amnesia could last for hours, days, weeks, or even years."

"Years." Jaejoong sullenly said, face going downcast, his hands balling into fists. "So there's a possibility he'd never remember me in the span of several years." He chuckled, tone empty and bitter. Opposite him, Yunho frowned as he watched in silence.

Yoochun caught the concern in his best friend's eyes and somehow, felt a sense of discernment rise up his gut. What the...

"But doctor, is there any way that Yunho could get his memories back sooner?" Heechul asked with expectant eyes.

"Ah yes, of course. There is a way." The doctor replied. "It would be best if he is to be constantly around people that he has been really close with, like family or friends to jog his memory. But since from what I've been told, the patient has no living relatives to speak of and doesn't exactly have a wide variety of friends, so this task might prove to be a tad bit hard."

He looked at Jaejoong's slumped form in understanding. "However, I'm... thinking that Mr. Kim is a very important to Mr. Jung considering that he was willing to sacrifice to his life to save him. If that is the case, I personally suggest that he be with him while recuperating."

"But doctor..." The Dean began but was abruptly cut off by Heechul with an intimidating glare. He broke into a sweat.

"I don't think there's room for your excuses now here sir." Heechul interrupted, hand on his hip. "Seeing as Yunho couldn't even remember his own name, I think it's suffice to say that he wouldn't be a cause of any trouble hmm? And don't you think it would only be fair that he stayed with Jaejoong to be taken care of? Since he was the reason for his amnesia anyway?"

The sound of Jaejoong's breath hitching reached their ears, before they saw his expression crumbling down at Heechul's words.

"Uncle!" Yoochun exclaimed, scandalized. "How could you say that? Hyung, would be livid if he heard you say that."

"I don't doubt he will but..." he trailed off, eyes flickering at Yunho then at Jaejoong's figures. He let out a dramatic sigh. "It can't be helped. This is for Yunho's own good. Do you really want your best friend to suffer the inability to remember anything? He'd be miserable."

"Why couldn't he just stay with me? I'm his best friend." Yoochun reasoned.

"I don't think he's going to be properly taken care of if he's gonna be staying with you and noona. In comparison to Jaejoong, who has dozens of maids - he could even hire a nurse for Yunho, he has better chances of getting treated and getting better there sooner.

Yoochun scowled at the older man. But after what seemed like eternity, with a heavy sigh, he finally nodded his head, giving in. "Fine."

"Great! It's all settled then. Yunho's going to be staying with Jaejoong." He looked at the teenager. "You don't mind right do you?"

"No, I don't mind Seongsangnim." Jaejoong answered, a small smile making its way to his lips. He actually just thought of asking them if he could look after Yunho when the doctor mentioned it. "I'd... be more at ease... if he's with me." He looked back at the other man, who was now burying his face beneath his folded knees. Jaejoong's face fell. But quickly, he shook his head to clear his rapidly depressing thoughts.

With determination, he strode forward to Yunho's form on the bed. He sat beside him, resting a hand on his arm.

Sensing his presence, Yunho lifted his face and their gazes locked. Jaejoong gave him a smile, but Yunho merely looked at him with a blank expression. Jaejoong felt his chest clench again, but it was short-lived since Yunho touched the hand on his arm, giving it a gentle squeeze. That one simple gesture brought sunshine and hope to Jaejoong's heart, his facial expression considerably brightening.

"Your name is Jaejoong right?" Yunho softly asked.

Jaejoong nodded, smile growing as he rubbed his arm. "Yeah."

Watching the exchange, Heechul turned and gestured for the teachers, Yoochun and the three female students who had stood up at the corner all this time to step out of the room. Yoochun wanted to stay behind, but Heechul gave him the glare of doom and so he followed.

"Let them get acquainted with each other again. You being there, is going to be awkward for the two. You understand right?"

Yoochun shrugged. "Yeah I do. Anyway, I'm starving. I'm gonna go buy lunch." He said as he jogged towards the exit.

"Don't take long. I still have something to tell you about your subjects in a while."

"Yeah sure." Yoochun replied, trying his best to ignore the throbbing in his heart regarding his Yunho-hyung's current condition.

With Yoochun turning and disappearing around the corner, Heechul turned his attention to his companions. The Dean kept giving him these looks that said how much he opposed the idea. "You do realize what you've just done?" he asked, a permanent frown on his forehead.

"Yes I do know." Heechul responded with an air of confidence. I just ensured my students' happiness.



++++++


"So uhhh..." Yunho started, a hint of pink on his cheeks. "What was that about earlier?"

Upon seeing the other's blush, Jaejoong felt his heart jump. "What do you mean?"

"You were kissing me... in front of everyone." Yunho pointed out slowly, before his eyebrows knitted together. "Are we lovers?"

"Jaejoong flushed, tongue tied. He craned his neck to the side, avoiding his gaze. "W-well..."

"We are, aren't we?" Yunho asked again, needing the clarification.

Jaejoong's gaze darted back to him. There was hesitation in his eyes. He didn't know if he should tell Yunho that they were lovers since he already figured out that they were definitely more than just friends. And would it be fair at all for Yunho if Jaejoong dropped the bomb that was their relationship in front of him considering that he had forgotten everything that happened?

If he told Yunho the truth, would he feel disgusted of him? Would he deny what it was between them? Jaejoong didn't think he could handle for Yunho to hate him at this point. But on the other hand, he didn't want to run away from his feelings anymore. The emotions of regret and thoughts of what ifs as he waited for Yunho to wake up had been too much. Denial only brought him pain. He was sick of running.

Jaejoong let out a deep sigh, finally making up his mind, deciding, that he was just gonna have to go through with it and hope for the best.

Getting rid of his shoes, Jaejoong pulled his feet up to the bed and sat directly in front of Yunho with his legs crossed. Slowly, he entwined their fingers, eyes glued on Yunho's face, waiting for any reaction of disgust. So far, he didn't see any of the sort. He smiled in relief.

The other man was merely watching their joined hands in what he could only guess was interest.

"Yunho-yah."

Yunho's eyes met his own and Jaejoong swallowed hard.

"I... We..." Mustering up all his strength within him, Jaejoong decided to finally cross that bridge. "We're lovers... I think."

Yunho watched him, waiting for the rest of his sentence as he pulled their joined hands closer to his lips. "You think?"

This was now or never.

"I-I didn't know when it started Yunho. I thought you resented me before and I couldn't understand the reason why you always looked at me with so much hate. You always instill fear in me whenever I see you and your glares. But despite that, no matter how much I wanted to get you out of my head, I couldn't. Then Heechulnim paired us up for a project. It was then that a few things began to change. I... I never expected you to do the the things you did. You were so passionate with me. You touch and kiss me. You make me smile. I don't feel lonely when you're there. And before I knew it, I was already craving for you, even liking the way you smirk and tease me and just..."

"Go on." Yunho urged, and if Jaejoong wasn't probably delusional, he could've sworn Yunho was lovingly gazing at him.

He exhaled sharply, mentally kicking himself for being such a wuss. Saying those three words had been easier in his head.

"I-I've never been given the chance to tell you this before. And I'm afraid that if I don't do this now I'm going to explode." Looking back at him straight in the eye, Jaejoong allowed his heart to take full control. "I guess what I'm trying to say is... I love you Yunho."

Before Yunho could open his mouth, Jaejoong cut him off. "And I know that, considering the situation. You probably think I'm disgusting and..." Jaejoong trailed off, feeling his eyes watering again as he tore his gaze away. "Damn it. I thought it'd be okay but it's not."

"Jaejoongie." Jaejoong's eyes widened at the familiar endearment, a gasp leaving him as he felt Yunho's hands on his face. "Look at me."

Yunho's voice was gentle and reassuring. Jaejoong gazed at him through eyes that was suddenly blurred by tears. "Yunho-yah?"

"I'm sorry I had to do it." In an instant, Jaejoong found himself in the warmth of Yunho's arms. "Heechulnim said I had to."

Slowly, Jaejoong locked his arms around him, hope blossoming in his chest as he felt the love radiating off Yunho's embrace. His heart rammed against his ribcage as he held on to him tight, salty liquid trickling down his face. "Yunho, what are trying to say?"

The next words out of Yunho's mouth made it all clear. "I woke up last night. Heechulnim was the only one with me and he told me about everything. From what you did to a fellow Council Member when I was rushed here, to the things that happened at school, of how you changed so much. He said, that if we didn't do anything, there was a huge possibility that the school board would kick me out."

Yunho held him tighter, feeling Jaejoon's body tremble in his embrace. "They'd take you away from me. I couldn't let that happen. And so when he told me about his plan, I didn't think twice of taking it. Seeing you cry earlier, I badly wanted to break out of the act but I thought of my life without you in it and it was enough to let me endure."

Yunho pulled back and wiped the other's cheeks. "Do you have any idea how happy I was when you kissed me in front of everyone?" So much bliss had flooded his chest at hearing Jaejoong's confession. "I felt it. You didn't care about what they thought of you and just now, you told me that you love me. All this time I felt guilty, thinking that I was forcing you into this relationship. But you proved me wrong. You love me Jaejoong to the point you didn't give a damn about anything else. And I think, I fell in love with you that much more."

Jaejoong's lips trembled menacingly, reality catching up to him. He palmed Yunho's cheeks in his grasp, pulling him closer as he began to sob. "You bastard. You could have at least told me." Yunho didn't forget him at all. He was only trying to protect them both.

"I'm sorry. Heechulnim didn't want me to tell you. Even Chun. To make it believable. I'm so sorry for causing you those tears."

"You keep scaring me Yunho."

"I know." Yunho lowered his head, voice sorely apologetic. "And I'm sorry."

"But I still love you."

In a heartbeat, Jaejoong leaned in and crushed their lips together as he kissed him with all the love he felt for him, immense relief and joy blanketing every fiber of his being. Jaejoong uncrossed his legs and knelt in front of Yunho, lips moving against each other in a frenzy. Yunho's arms slid down his waist, lifting his shirt, the smooth expanse of his skin.

Jaejoong shivered in delight, the act heightening his desire as he began to place biting kisses from Yunho's lips down to his tempting neck.

Yunho groaned appreciatively, loving the attention Jaejoong was giving him. "Someone missed me."

"I was miserable without you." Jaejoong prompted, fire in his voice as he captured his mouth again in a bruising, fierce kiss.

"Mhmm, you're so dominating today." Yunho smirked against the heated contact that they shared. ". I like it."

Jaejoong pulled back and inch, panting against his swollen lips, reciprocating the smirk. "ert."

"You're not that innocent yourself Jaejoongie." Yunho answered in a playful tone, hands leisurely caressing the smaller man's back. "Mawling me like a starved animal." Yunho hotly grinned. He pulled Jaejoong's shirt higher, fingers creeping up to his chest to pinch a hardened .

Jaejoong gasped, lips parting and in an instant, Yunho's slick tongue invaded his warm mouth.

"Ngh. ." Jaejoong moaned, hungrily exploring every inch of Yunho's own mouth with the same near desperate need.

Yunho fell on his back. Jaejoong sat on top of him, straddling his waist, their frames perfectly aligned. The signs of their arousal was evident. Jaejoong undulated his hips, grinding against Yunho's groin, the friction making them both moan into the kiss, feeling their bodies ignite with passion and desire from all the days that they haven't been able to intimately touch each other.

". I want you." Yunho huskily breathed as he sat upright. Breaking the kiss, he poised his face by Jaejoong's chest and attacked his right , swirling his tongue around the hardened nub in slow deliberate circles, before gently on it.

Jaejoong mewled, head thrown back as he gripped at Yunho's shoulders for anchor. "Nghh, ahh, Yunho."

He felt his belt being undone with impatient fingers. The reminder of what was to come, Yunho's hands, mouth around his , made Jaejoong's mind spin with lust and love. Jaejoong loudly moaned, both from the touch in his clothed and the teeth on his chest.

However, just when things were beginning to heat up, the door opened revealing Heechul on the other side, clearing his throat.

Upon hearing the voice, Jaejoong and Yunho froze. Yunho's hand was suspended by Jaejoong's zipper, teeth still attached to his . Quickly, Jaejoong pulled his shirt back down, earning a pained grunt from Yunho when his mouth got hit by Jaejoong's knuckles.

"Ow, Joongie. Be careful."

"Sorry. Sorry." Jaejoong quickly apologized, completely flustered, not quite able to meet Heechul's raised eyebrow.

"Heechulnim, you have the worst timing." Yunho complained before giving him the finger.

Heechul merely rolled his eyes. "I'd take it that Jaejoong already knows?"

Jaejoong quickly ped his pants as he jumped out of bed. Yunho plopped back down on the sheets, sighing. "Yeah he does."

"Jaejoong ah."

"Y-yes, Seonsangnim?" Jaejoong stuttered. Oh my god! I can't believe he just walked in on us. ! ! !

"I understand the need to get on and do some dirty business but do realize that Yunho is still recuperating hmm?" Heechul simply laughed, taking amusement as he watched Jaejoong's blush turn into an impossible shade of red. "Once we're certain that that thick skull of his is fully healed, then please do commence in whatever it is you wanna do to each other. But until then." he grinned. "Don't be naughty."

Eyes still on the floor, Jaejoong fervently nodded his head.

"Hey don't worry about it, your secret's safe with me." Heechul added, smiling. "Yoochun's waiting outside. I already told him and he's dying to talk with you Yunho. But when we saw you both each other's faces, he said he'd wait until it's over. And I've already called Siwon, he's gonna come to fetch you boys. We'll be checking out in a bit. Jaejoong, help Yunho in preparing his clothes hmm?"

Jaejoong vigorously nodded his head again. Well at least, Professor Heechul didn't seem to mind that they were together.

With another amused laugh, Heechul exited the room's premises, leaving the two teenagers along once more.

Instantaneously, Yunho reached for Jaejoong and held his waist, turned him around and nuzzled on his middle. "You're hard."

Jaejoong pouted and sat beside him, Yunho resting his chin on his shoulder. "And whose fault is that?"

"Me?"

Crossing his arms against his chest, Jaejoong huffed.

"But I'm hard too." Yunho huskily whispered by his ear before sensually Jaejoong's neck. Jaejoong shivered, a low moan leaving him. "How about we help each other?" He took Jaejoong's hand and guided it to his crotch, chuckling. "Hospital gowns sure are accessible."

Jaejoong turned around. He gulped, feeling the other's through the flimsy material. his lips, he gave Yunho's hard member a tentative . Yunho's eyes drifted shut, groaning in pleasure at the contact. "But Yunho - Seongsangnim said."

"Nevermind what he said." Yunho cut him off.

He opened his eyes and claimed Jaejoong's lips in an open-mouthed kiss, tongues instantly entwining, voice raspy. "Just lock the door."

"Nrrnn. Okay." on Yunho's bottom lip, Jaejoong did what he was told. Reclaiming his spot on the bed, they didn't waste a second before the hungry, bruising kisses started as frantic hands began to roam all over each other's bodies again in raw desire and need.

Thirty minutes later, Heechul was shaking his head when he saw the blush on the nurse's cheeks while she was changing the sheets. Gaze darting to the two boys by the room's door, Heechul could only direct them with a look that clearly spelled. brats.