"I'm still crazy for her."

This Little Cafe

 Yixing 

 "I'm still crazy for her."

 

________________________________________

 

Joonmyeon opened the cafe the next morning and decided that he should clean the windows today. He got out the windex and a clean towel and began his work. He started at the window that was in the far back of the cafe. He worked his way towards the door. He sprayed the door and stuck the towel on it and began cleaning it in a clockwise motion. When he took the towel off, he yelled like a surprised Yui would from someone on the other side of the door imitating his motions.

"You always were an easy one to scare," the figure chuckled.

Joonmyeon fixed himself and opened the door. "Nice to see you too, Yixing," he dryly laughed. "Welcome! It's been a while since you've been at the Love Cafe!"

The Love Cafe wasn't always in it's current location. It used to be located in Seoul, where Yixing used to always go when he was about Yui's age. Like Yui, he'd go there everyday and he was well aquainted with Joonmyeon, who treated him like his own son. The two had a close father-son relationship, where Yixing would stay late at the cafe and keep Joonmyeon company, he'd stay over night at the cafe with Joonmyeon when there was a storm that night, and even walk and play at the park nearby. Yixing loved it but when his actual dad got a job promotion, he had to move to China. He was crushed when he heard and told Joonmyeon right away. Joonmyeon never felt the cafe would ever be the same without Yixing. So he bought a new place in a new location and relocated the Love Cafe in a less crowded area.

"So what have you've been up to?" Joonmyeon asked. "I can see you brought your guitar," he said motioning to the guitar case on the back of Yixing.

"Oh, yeah," Yixing replied. "I started to learn how to play the guitar when we moved to China. I also learned how to dance and now I can freestyle with ease." 

"Wow, that's pretty impressive! You always had a musical gift," Joonmyeon smiled. "Oh, do you want me to get you anything? Pastry? Coffee? Love advice?"

"You still help people with advice, I see? Ha, well, do you still have that thing I used to always order?"

"Say no more, I'm on it!" Joonmyeon snapped his fingers and headed to the back room. 

While Joonmyeon was busy, Yixing opened one of the pockets to his guitar case. He took out a small sheet of paper and a pencil. He placed the paper on the table and began writing.

At times, I'd really miss you
A really, really beautiful memory
Therefore, I wrote this melody..

Yixing let out a small sigh and stopped writing for a moment. "I wish you could hear the song I wrote for you," he muttered.

"I wish I could hear the song you wrote for her too, Xing Xing," Joonmyeon said back with the order. Yixing jumped from shock but regained his composure and beamed the brightest smile from what Joonmyeon presented him. "One blueberry unicorn-shaped pancake with maple syrup, warmed for 5 seconds in the microwave like you always wanted, with a dollop of whip cream in a heart-shape topped with a strawberry. Just like you wanted as a kid."

"Wow, you remembered perfectly!" Yixing exclaimed. He stared at his food for a moment. "But wait.."

Before Yixing could continue, Joonmyeon took out a fork and knife set. But not just any, this was Yixing's favorite dinosaur shaped utensils. "You did't think I would forget your favorite utensils now, did you?"

Just like that, Yixing was a little kid again. He let out a small squeal and cut his pancake while making animal sounds for the pancake and knife. He stuffed the pancake with the syrup and whip cream all into his mouth. He chewed it with a face of complete bliss.When he swallowed it, he snapped back into reality. "Um.."

"You really are still a kid, Xing Xing.." Joonmyeon smiled as he squished the boy's cheeks.

"No! I'm a man!" Yixing defended himself as he stuffed another piece of his unicorn pancake into his mouth. Joonmyeon just chuckled. He looked over the sheet of paper the younger one was writing on earlier. 

"How long have you been working on this song?" Joonmyeon asked.

Yixing swallowed the food in his mouth. "Um.. For a while now. But everytime I try to write about it, I can never continue.."

Joonmyeon noticed the boy's facial expression change. "Y'know, even back then, you always did have girl problems.. You went crazy for that one girl.. What's her name.. Jin? Jan?"

"It's Jei," Yixing corrected. "And I didn't go crazy for her." He paused for a moment. "I'm still crazy for her." Joonmyeon was shocked at the statement. "See, when I moved to China, she was still here and we just kept a long distance friendship going. When I was old enough to learn how to write, we kept in touch from letters. At first, since we were kids, we just asked how some of our little friends were doing, how our families were doing, and so forth. But as we got older, our letters went deeper. We asked about new friends and school drama, and dating." Yixing paused and sat there silently. "That's when I told her I have something important for her. It was this song," he said grabbing the piece of paper on the counter. "This song was supposed to be my confession letter to her letting her know about all my past and current feelings towards her. This song was supposed to make her realize what I've felt about her and win her heart.."

"Well, then why can't you finish the song?"

Yixing gulped. "Because she stopped writing to me..." His voice was barely a whisper. "..three years ago." He grabbed his guitar case and took out a crumpled, worn out piece of paper that seemed pretty old. It had fold lines everywhere and the paper, that must have been white, resembled a now soft yellow color. Yixing handed the paper to Joonmyeon and motioned him to open it up and read it.

--

Dear Yixing,

Wow, how long have we written to each other now? Almost.. Six years, I believe? It's amazing how close we've grown over the years despite our distance apart from each other. I miss you. A lot. And to tell you the truth, I think I've fallen for you.

I know I'm not the best person to write to, but when we write to each other, I can feel your love for me. I've been always thankful that I had the chance to meet you, to know you - a lovely and caring person. Despite the sad things in the past, all the memories between us were so beautiful, thinking about that time again, I have no regrets. I remember when we were kids together, you pretended to be angry at me because I didn't give you a share of my food or what not. Even though you acted like a spoiled child, you still adored, respected, and cared for me..

Whenever I miss you, I read all the past letters you wrote for me, which brings a smile on my face. Maybe you don't feel the same way as I do, or maybe what's between us right now is something mutual we've both been hoping for.. No matter what, I will still treasure you and everything you did. I put all letters you wrote for me in a special box so I can read them, practically memorizing what you wrote for me. 

But I think we should stop communicating with each other. It pains me to not see you or physically get a hug from you, or even a kiss. All my friends have their boyfriends with them, whom they can cuddle with and hold hands with and go out on dates with. I want that to be like us, but I know that distance is a major reason why we can't. 

But please, don't forget me in the future. I will miss you deeply, but this would be the only way to minimize the pain inside the both of us from not having each other any more. It's only a matter of time to heal a broken heart. But no matter how busy I am, or how I try hard to fill up my mind with work, I'll think of you and all of our great memories together. 

I plan to stay in Korea, and who knows, maybe our paths will cross again. If it happens, then let that be a sign to us both that we were meant to be together.

Zhang Yi Xing, I love you.

-Jei.

--

Joonmyeon held the letter in his hand and peaked over the piece of letter to look at Yixing. His head was on the table while his arms wrapped around it and he kept muttering things to himself, that Joonmyeon couldn't quite comprehend. "So when was this letter sent?"

"Exactly three years ago, from today," Yixing said with his head buried deeper in his arms. He lifted his head up and sniffled. "What I don't understand is why she couldn't just keep writing! I mean, as painful as it was for, apparently, the both of us, we could have endured it. We could have stuck it together."

"But Xing Xing-"

"I've been hiding my feelings for her for most of my life and here she is confessing it all in one letter but then breaking my heart at the end."

"Xing Xing-"

"I knew I should have stayed in Korea instead of going with my parents.. I'll never see the girl I love ever again, I-"

"ZHANG YIXING!" Joonmyeon shouted. He caught the boy's attention and calmed down his facial expression. "Look, Xing Xing, I know you've liked this girl for most of your life, and obvously, she likes you too. One could say you both love each other."

"You mean love-D with a 'd' at the end." Yixing corrected.

"No, actually judging by the letter," Joonmyeon said quickly examining the text again, "It seems like she wrote this while she was still in love with you. And judging by how close you guys were even after you moved, she could still like you. Even if you don't know where she is."

"But she said that this probably happened for a reason! The reason being that she doesn't want to see me anymore and move on with her life. That it really fate for her not to see me ever again."

"In the letter, she CLEARLY stated that if your paths were to cross ever again, it's fate. And yes, Xing Xing, everything does happen for a reason. Well, at least to me. If it weren't for this cafe, I wouldn't have met such amazing people to help. People's lives might have been worse if they hadn't showed up here. And the same applies to your life. There is a reason for stuff happening in your life, the good and the bad."

"But wouldn't the fact that she wanted to stop talking to me, even with our distance prove that she doesn't want me in her life anymore?"

"It could be test you on how much you actually love Jei. Think about it, you kept these lyrics for three years and you've always thought of continuing it, no matter how much it hurts. And I'm pretty sure you didn't come all the way to Korea JUST to visit me.."

Yixing let out a small smile. "Well, I mean.. She said she planned to stay here, so I thought maybe I could.."

"Yixing, this girl sounds amazing, and obviously you two were very close and your feelings were mutual. You shouldn't lose hope with Jei. You could meet her, and something tells me you will. And if you never see her again, then at least enjoy the amazing memories you had with each other. But if you see her, and all of your past feelings come back to you, then you know what to do," Joonmyeon winked at the boy.

"I guess you're right," Yixing sighed. "If it's meant to be, it'll happen. But until then, I won't give up hope. Until then, I'll finish up this song. And until then, I'll come here everyday to catch up with a good friend."

Joonmyeon smiled. "And don't worry about paying for the meal. Let this be a treat of you going down memory lane again. Oh!" He snapped, "I almost forgot! Before you leave, I have to give you something!" He rushed to the back room. Yixing pushed his finished plate away from him and gathered up his belongings to put back in the guitar case. 

"I'll finish it just in time before we meet again, Jei-ah," Yixing whispered to himself.

"Ta-Dah!" Joonmyeon proclaimed holding something in front of Yixing. Yixing looked up and screamed like a little boy. Joonmyeon was holding his favorite stuffed animal, a white horse that was in fair condition. Yixing took the horse and continued a smaller scream. "The day before you left the cafe for the last time, I was cleaning up where you were eating and I found him. I kept him ever since just incase SOMEONE happened to come back."

Yixing looked at Joonmyeon, "Everything happens for a reason," he said as Joonmyeon nodded. Yixing carried his guitar case in his left hand, and his long lost stuffed friend in the right. "Thank you so much, Suho. From our previous quality time together, 'til now." Joonmyeon went behind the counter to Yixing to give a hug. He wrapped his arms around the older boy tightly. Yixing did the same. Their feelings were the same. Yixing felt like Joonmyeon was his own father, and Joonmyeon felt as if Yixing was his own son. They stopped their embrace and Joonmyeon waved to Yixing as he exited with a smile on his face and a renewed heart.

--

*ding ding* Another satisfied customer.

--

"Mr. Almond! I've missed you!" Yixing exclaimed as he held his friend in his hands. He brought it to his chest to hug it tightly. He then brought it to his face to feel the texture of the animal's fabric. "Ah, you still feel like your brand new!" He then noticed a familar scent on the horse as well. He took a wiff. "Wow, you still smell the same too!" He happily threw up the horse in the air and caught it before it hit the ground. He let out a laugh but heard something fall on the floor. He looked down the see a piece of paper. What looked like.. a business card? He bent over and looked at it.

Proud Partner of The Love Cafe:

5th Street Bakery
Korea

Owned and run by: Huang Jei

Yixing gasped in amazement and flipped the card over. He let out a small chuckle.

I told you that I had a feeling you'd find her again. :) -Suho

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» [[I'm so sorry for such a long wait ;A; School started and ashga;sdlhga;dsf such a hassle OTL Bare with me, it kills me as much as you guys to know I can't update as much. But I'll try my best. Hopefully this chapter made sense ;A; it's 1am right now, but yes. Be aware, a small connection between characters will be made soon!]]