"..I still have a lot to learn."

This Little Cafe

 Baekhyun 

 "..I still have a lot to learn."

 

________________________________________

Yezi hung up her phone and quickly dialed another number.

"Hello?" the voice answered.

"I THINK CHEN MIGHT PROPOSE TO ME TONIGHT!"

The voice on the other side chuckled. "Yezi, you've been saying that ever since he brought up the topic of marriage.."

"But I think he really IS planning this tonight. I mean, new place to eat.."

"He takes you to many different places to eat.."

"I KNOW BUT STILL!"

"Alright," they sighed. "Well, what's the place called.. maybe I should check it out for you first."

"It's called the Love Cafe.. Ever heard of it?"

"Nope! I'll look into it though. I'll check it before your date tonight."

"Aww, thanks, Baekhyun, you're the best."

"Anything for my dearest sister.."

--

*ding ding* a customer has arrived.

--

"Hi, welcome to the Love.. Cafe.." Joonmyeon saif confused as he saw the customer take a picture of him. "Um.."

"Sorry, sorry, I apologize for doing that so suddenly," the customer bowed as he put his camera to his side. "I'm Baekhyun, by the way."

"Um.. it's okay. As long as you got my good side," Joonmyeon remarked making both of them laugh. "Can I help you with anything, Baekhyun?"

"Well, my sister has a date tonight here and I wanted to check the place out beforehand.."

"Oh, yeah, I have to close the cafe early so I can decorate it for tonight."

"Is there something special happening tonight?"

"Yes, but since Yezi is your sister, I don't think I can say much.."

"Oh.." Baekhyun sighed. "Well, I won't tell her if Chen's planning to propose or anything.."

"Hm.." Joonmyeon examined the guy in front of him. Tall with a fair skin tone, hair that seemed to take fifteen minutes to do, a pair of black sweats and a hoodie that said 'my-sister-just-woke-me-up-even-though-it's-noon'. 

Baekhyun showed a small smile. "Please? Mr.."

"Suho." Joonmyeon replied still examining the boy. "Alright. I'll tell you. But only on one condition."

"Alright. Shoot."

"I'll tell you what's happening only if you can help me decorate the store and-"

"And what?"

"Tell me what's up with your love life.."

Baekhyun's eye's widened in shock. It was a request that came out of the blue, but he had agreed to it. He nodded and sat down on the stool in front of him. He his camera off of himself and placed it on the counter. "So.. what do you wanna know about my love life?"

"Well.. what do you want to tell me about it.."

"Um," Baekhyun scratched his head as he thought. "There isn't much to say..really. I don't have much of a love life.."

"Oh, c'mon. A boy like you is bound to have at least something.."

"I actually don't. I mean, even though my friends have come up to me for relationship advice and inputs on their love situation, I've never experienced anything. I haven't been in a relationship, I haven't had my first kiss, I'm really inexperienced with love.."

"Huh.. I never would have guessed," Joonmyeon said. "By the way, do you want anything to eat or drink?"

"Um.. do you have something sweet and caffinated? I need something to wake me up.."

Joonmyeon thought for a moment. "Ah," he snapped. "How 'bout a Eiskaffe?"

"Uh.. "

Joonmyeon opened the cabinets below. "Or would you like a Americano, Breve, Cafe Latte, Cafe Melange, Carajillo, Macchiato, Tripplo, Yuayang-"

"Um.. Can I try them all?"

"Well, there are 11 types of coffee I need to brew, but sure!" He smiled. "Maybe drinking them will stur up something you need to tell me."

Baekhyun nodded and watched Joonmyeon brew the first batch of coffee. He didn't put anything in it so he assumed he was just making the basic black kind. He his camera and quickly took a picture of Joonmyeon placing the cup underneath the brewer. Baekhyun didn't know his flash was still on, so the flash surprised Joonmyeon. "Oh.. sorry. It seemed like it would make a nice picture.." He checked his camera to see how the snapshot turned out. "Yeah, it looks nice even with flash. See?" Baekhyun showed the photo.

"Wow, that's a nice photograph," Joonmyeon commented. "You're pretty talented with the camera, Baekhyun."

"Thanks," Baekhyun smiled. "I've had this camera for about.. seven years now. It was my dad's."

"It's pretty old, but it seems like it works well." Joonmyeon said giving the first cup of coffee to Baekhyun. "Okay, this is just black coffee. Drink it and see what comes to mind.."

Baekhyun put down his camera and held the cup in his hand. He inhaled the scent of the coffee, which made him close his eyes and take a sip. "Oh, it's good by itself," he said. "It reminds me of my best friend."

"Oh, does it really?" Joonmyeon gave himself a pat on the back for stirring up something. "Who's your best friend?" he asked as he started making the other batch of coffee.

"Park Chanyeol. It's a strong but soothing coffee, just like Chanyeol's voice. The coffee also represents his personality which is exciting and hyper, but can also be calming and reassuring."

"Hm.. interesting.." Joonmyeon said as he placed the next cup of coffee next to Baekhyun. "Alright, this is Yuayang. It's a Hong Kong mix of coffee and milk tea. Who does this remind you of?"

Baekhyun took a sip of it and let the flavors settle down onto his tongue. "Oh, this reminds me of another friend at school, LuHan. The coffee is sweet with the milk tea, and LuHan is a nice guy who treats everyone he meets like a friend. And I know that 'yuayang' is the name of a mandarin duck and LuHan speaks mandarin and he loves ducks," he chuckled.

Joonmyeon continued brewing different kinds of coffee as Baekhyun kept drinking them and saying who the drink reminds him of.

"Wow, I'm wide awake now.." Baekhyun said hyped up. "I've had, like, tweleve different cups of coffee??"

"Eleven," Joonmyeon corrected him. "You have quite the taste for coffee," Joonmyeon said taking the leftover cups on the counter and put them in a container labeled 'DIRTY DISHES.' "Y'know, you're great at comparing your friends to coffee.. As weird as that sounds.."

"Well, I've met them at different times and at different places, but they all mean something in my life."

"You're a good friend, Baekhyun. And a good brother, by the fact that you came all the way here to check out the cafe where your sister's gonna get proposed to.."

"I KNEW IT!! I KNEW IT! I KNEW CHEN WAS GOING TO PROPOSE!" Baekhyun shouted in his seat in excitement.

"Shhhhh~" Joonmyeon quickly shushed the boy so that he wouldn't attract attention from other customers. "It's a surprise, remember?" Joonmyeon whispered. 

"Oh, yeah. Okay, okay." Baekhyun quited down. "Oh.. I'm sorry, Mr.Suho."

"For what, Baekhyun?"

"I didn't tell you anything about my love life.."

"Oh, but I think you did.."

"Wait, what??"

"Yeah, you told me how much you love your friends.."

"Does that count??"

Joonmyeon laughed. "I didn't ask for a relationship problem or girl troubles.. That's not the only thing love deals with. Love can deal with friend relations and how you care for them. From what I heard by you relating them to coffee, you truly care about your friends. You told me about their personalities, and problems that you helped them out with. That was probably really difficult for you, since I know you have problems of your own. But because you love your friends, you're willing to be with them and stay with them every step of the way."

"Huh.. I guess I still have a lot to learn about love.." Baekhyun sighed.

"Oh, love is weird, but it's worth learning about. You're getting there. Don't worry."

Baekhyun brought up his backpack from the floor, that Joonmyeon hasn't noticed until now. He placed it on the counter and took out a huge book with a navy blue satin covering. He opened it to the first page, and turned it to Joonmyeon's direction. Joonmyeon took the book and skimmed through the pages. It was Baekhyun's portfolio filled with pictures of drawings, paintings, etc.

"You're quite the artist," Joonmyeon said skimming through the photographs. He noticed that the pictures were of Baekhyun's friends whom fit the description that Baekhyun gave to him. "You really know how to capture your friend's personalities.."

"I guess that's why I can describe them so well," Baekhyun let out a small laugh.

Joonmyeon closed the book and gave it back to Baekhyun. "You and your friends should all come here one day.. Together."

"Hm.. I haven't talked to some of them in years.. But I think we all need to be have a little reunion on day. Sounds good!"

Joonmyeon handed the boy a business card as Baekhyun began packing his bag. "Call or text me anytime to set it up. I'll close down the whole cafe just for you guys."

"Wow, thank you so much Mr. Suho. Thank you for everything," Baekhyun got up from his seat and bowed. He took out his wallet from his pocket. 

"Oh, you don't need to pay for the drinks, it's on me," Joonmyeon beamed.

"No, no, I insist on paying," Baekhyun handed a few bills to Joonmyeon who smiled and took it with a bow.

"Do you think you're sister will love the cafe?" Joonmyeon asked.

"Oh, of course! She'll love it just as much as I do."

"Oh thank goodness.." Joonmyeon sighed in relief. "Hopefully I can decorate the whole place in time before she comes."

"Oh you can, I'll make sure of it. I'll clean up myself and comeback to help you before she comes. I'll also bring a few friends to help me out."

"Thanks, Baekhyun. This night needs to be perfect for your sister."

"It will," Baekhyun smiled as he exchanged farewells with Joonmyeon.

--

*ding ding* Another satisfied customer.

--

"Hello?"

"Yezi?"

"Ah, Baekhyun! Tell noona.. How is the cafe?"

"It's.. perfect."

"Wonderful!"

"Make sure you dress your best tonight!"

"Byun Baekhyun do you know something that you aren't telling me?"

"You'll see, noona. You'll see."

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» [[BOOM! SURPRISE! IT'S BAEKHYUN! You were expected his sister, I see. Hehehe. Well, her chapter is next!]]