"I'M SO CONFUSED!"

This Little Cafe

 Chanyeol 

 "I'M SO CONFUSED!"

 

________________________________________

 

 

It was 6am and the sun had yet to rise. Joonmyeon decided to open the cafe earlier than it's usual 8am open time. It was a bit dark outside still, so Joonmyeon brought along a flashlight just to be safe. As he got closer to the cafe, he saw something taped to the door. Something that seemed to be some sort of note. He walked faster to see it. He stood in front of the door and saw a piece of paper with 'SUHO' written on the front. Joonmyeon carefully took the note off of the door as he put his keys in and opened the door. He the lights, put the note on the counter, and started preparing for the day.

As he finish with his morning chores, he walked to the note on the counter. He opened it:

Suho,

Thank you so much for your advice the other day. I talked to Chanyeol and he said he's okay with me asking out his sister. He said that out of all of the guys in this world, he trusts me with Hyeri the most. You were right, I CAN do it, I just needed to try. From all of my happiness, I sort of told Yui we'd spend a whole day at the Love Cafe. I wanted to take it back but she gave me the puppy eyes.. So expect that to happen soon.. Also, I told Chanyeol about the cafe and he said he'd check it out. I can tell you now, he needs your help, but he's a talker!

-Kris

"I should get ready for this one..who knows when he'll show up!" Joonmyeon placed the note in hthe back pocket of his pants. "Good to know things went well with you, Kris," he whispered. He the coffee maker to get it ready. He looked at the clock right above the entrance door. "It's only 7:15, so I have plenty of time before I can expect-"

*ding ding* A customer has arrived.

--

"He's earlier than I expected him to be.." Joonmyeon muttered. "Good morning! Welcome to the Love Cafe!" The customer was a very tall young man, almost as tall as Kris. He was in what appeared to be his work uniform which consisted of a blue dress shirt with rolled up sleeves and a popped collar. They were tucked into white and well fitted skinny jeans. Joonmyeon squinted to see a nametag on the young man's left side. So this was Chanyeol.

"Sorry, am I too early? The schedule by the door says you open at 8, but I saw someone behind the counter so I though I could come in.." Chanyeol bowed in apology.

"No need to be sorry, I don't mind having company this early. It gets pretty lonely in the morning anyway.." Joonmyeon said with a smile. He motioned the boy to sit on the chair in front of him. Chanyeol sat down obediently on the stool as Joonmyeon headed to the back room to get something. Chanyeol took this time to exam the inside of the cafe. He noticed that it wasn't a big cafe, but it was cozy and it felt homey. The rich brown color of the walls made you feel warm and secure. The furniture was mostly white with a few accented colors here and there. They were modern, yet simple, which brought some contrast to the walls. Overall, it was a nice little cafe. Chanyeol got up from his seat to look at the desserts displayed next to the counter. He saw red bean cake, a green tea roll, a taro roll, a couple of cookies, mini cakes, etc. all of which, made Chanyeol's mouth water and stomach grumble. 

"Would you like any to eat?" Chanyeol jumped back in shock. The sound of Joonmyeon's voice slapped Chanyeol from his looking.

"I..I.. Well these look REALLY good, but. I don't think they're the best way to start my day.." Chanyeol replied as he returned to his seat.

"What time do you start work?" Joonmyeon asked.

"Uh.." Chanyeol checked his watch. "At 10, but it's an hour commute, so I should leave by 9."

"Okay, I know just what to make you. Until it's done, you can continue to admire the desserts." Joonmyeon then headed to the back again to prepare the young man's breakfast. Chanyeol grinned and hopped off his stool to look at the desserts again. He was looking at the dessert names.

"Sweet Surrender, Tempered Temptations, Sugar Shock, Two Moons, Phoenix, Black Pearl, El Dorado.." Chanyeol had to admit, the names were pretty neat for desserts. He continued reading the names to himself until he stopped at what seemed to be a taro roll. He stared at the name. "Hana." He kept looking at the dessert. This time, intensely as if the roll dessert was calling him.

Chanyeol shook it off as he smelled something amazingly delicious come closer to him. "Breakfast is served!" Joonmyepn said with a tray full of food. Chanyeol's mouth widen to a big smile as he sat down in the stool and saw the meal in front of him. Red bean soup, cooked egg on top of rice gruel, pickled vegetables, horicha [cold barely tea], and pajyong [a thin flat cake of unsweetened batter, fried with various ingredients].

"Wow, this looks amazing. How did you make it all so quickly.. Uh.."

"Suho," Joonmyeon beamed. "And I have a few years of experience to back me up on this one." Chanyeol was devouring the feast that was plated before him. "Wow, you have got an appetite.." Chanyeol didn't speak but simple gave a nod. Joonmyeon laughed. "So, Chanyeol, where do you work?"

The boy stopped eating and took a deep breath. He paused and let the a out a big sigh. "I work as an intern at the front desk of a big law firm. Even though I'm just an intern, they pay me really well, but.." he stopped and stared at his food. 

Joonmyeon looked at the boy's expression. Chanyeol looked confused and lost. Also a bit sad. "But what, Chanyeol?"

"That's where I see HER everyday.."

--

The door of the building opened blasting in the cold outside air in. Chanyeol shivered as he sat behind his wooden desk that wasn't much of a barrier to the cold wind. He was going to put on his jacket that he placed behind his chair, but he stopped when he saw who was walking through the door. Her brown, lucious hair flowing in the wind. She strutted through the doors in her pumps wearing her dark and rich trench coat that hugged her around her waist. She walked in Chanyeol's direction. This happened every morning she walked in and every time this happened, Chanyeol's heartbeat beat faster. 

"Good morning, Chanyeol!" the pretty women said as she greeted him with a smile.

Chanyeol gulped and tried to keep his cool. "Good Morning, Ms. Jung.."

"Oh, Chanyeol, I'm only three years older than you. You can just call me Hana if you would like, no need to be formal with me."

The boy nodded and opened the drawer to his left. He took four thick folders and handed it to Hana. "These are the clients schedule for today, Ms. Ju- I mean, Hana." She took the folders out of his hands and fell to the floor. Chanyeol ran from behind his desk to help her out. He organized the papers and set them aside. He gave a hand to Hana to help her up. "Why don't I carry these for you?"

She flashed another smile at him as she took his hand and stood back up. "Thank you so much. I'm sorry I can be such a clutz sometimes.." she turned her head a little so he wouldn't see her blush. He then followed her to her office where he could set down the papers.

Hana Jung might be young, but she is a very successful women. Not even in her thirties, she managed to own and run her own law firm which is well known and respected in Korea. The fact that Chanyeol got an intern job there still surprises him, but he's very thankful. Many people, especially young men, would kill to work for a pretty, young, rich, successful, not to mention single, woman.

Although he was just an intern, Hana talked to him quite often and relied on him more than some of her own employees. Chanyeol noticed this, and felt pretty special by it. But of course, Chanyeol started to think Hana did this because she liked him. He would date her if he could, but he knew that an employee couldn't date their boss, let alone an intern dating them. His noona's reputation could go down hill if word gets out to the media.

--

"And the more I panicked about the situation, the closer we became," Chanyeol continued as he nearly finished his breakfast. Joonmyeon stared at the boy in amazement. He managed to down his breakfast and tell his story within 20 minutes. "We started having more skin ship, and pretty soon, we started hugging and she holds onto my arm now. I'M SO CONFUSED!" He pounded his hands on the counter.

"Calm down now, Chanyeol. I don't want you to break the counter.." Joonmyeon said trying to calm the boy down. "Now it seems to me that you two aren't exactly friends, but you aren't exactly a couple either.." Chanyeol looked up and with big eyes, he nodded. "Have you ever asked her to hang out after work?"

"Uh.. Not really. She's usually the last one out of the building. And when she does leave early, she carrys a ton of paperwork with her. She once told me that the last time she had a free day was Christmas day. Sad, isn't it?"

Joonmyeon nodded. "I think you should ask her," he stated.

"W-What?" Chanyeol's low registered voice suddenly went higher. Joonmyeon tried to hold in his laughter as it occurred. "But..but.. She won't have time. And I probably won't have time since I still have to finish my schoolwork for college, do house chores, go to the-"

"Do you have her number?" Joonmyeon interrupted.

Chanyeol paused. "Um.. Yes?" He grabbed his phone from his back pocket and looked through his contacts to check. Sure enough 'HANA JUNG' was in there. "But this is for business purposes only!" he assured.

"Call her."

"WHAT!?"

"Call her and tell her to come to the Love Cafe."

"But she's probably getting ready for work, or sleeping, she might be showering and I don't wanna make her go to her phone nak-"

"Chanyeol. The worse that can happened is that it goes to voicemail." Chanyeol paused again. Joonmyeon playfully punched Chanyeol's left shoulder. "Go on now, call her."

He was very hesitant, but Chanyeol obeyed. He selected 'HANA JUNG' and pressed the 'CALL' button. He put the phone to his ear and waited.

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» [[HEY YALLLLL! I hope you don't mind I split the Chanyeol part up into more than one part ;w; I like building anticipation and stuff. Hehe. Anyway, thank you my wittle amount of subbers! I labbu labbu! Please don't be afraid to comment because I love getting feedback from you guys. Kay hopefully another update tomorrow! /throws hearts/]]