"She's in love."

This Little Cafe

 Yezi Byun 

 "She's in love."

 

________________________________________

 

"Oh my gosh, do these shoes match this dress or should I wear these shoes with this dress?"

"Yezi, we were supposed to leave 20 minutes ago! You look great in anything you wear!"

"But I need to look perfect for this night to remember!"

"There won't be a night to remember at this rate!"

"Okay, okay fine!" Yezi walked out of her room and stood before the person she was talking to. "What do you think, hon?"

The annoyed boy looked at his best friend. His eyes widened at how beautifully dressed she was. She was wearing a pale yellow shirt with a light pink collar and hemming with a flowing and delicate skirt brought all together with a brown leather belt that hugged her waist and a pair of matching brown leather knee-high boots. "You look..perfect."

"Are you sure? What if Chen thinks I look fat or something?"

"FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, HE WILL LOVE YOU IN ANYTHING YOU LOOK IN BECAUSE YOU LOOK GORGEOUS IN EVERYTHING YOU WEAR!" Yezi jumped back a bit. "Sorry," her best friend said. "You honestly do look good in everything you wear and I know that Chen loves you regardless of what you wear."

Yezi blushed. "You're such a good friend. Thank you for being here on this special night. " She went up to her friend and gave him a loving hug. "Thank you for always being here for me."

He stood there for a moment but slowly wrapped his arms around her. "You're welcome, Yezi."

She unwrapped his arms around him and grasped his left arm firmly. "Now c'mon, , let's go visit the Love Cafe!"

He chuckled. "As you wish, madam!" He brought her out and walked her to the car. But there were words that still seemed to linger in his ear. 

'You're such a good friend..'  Yeah, Jongin, you're just her best friend. Remember that.

--

"Do we put on the white table cloths or the pale yellow ones?" Baekhyun asked.

"Wait do we close the curtains and redrape the windows?" LuHan asked.

"Wait wait! Does this utensil set match the flowers on the table?" Chanyeol questioned.

"Maybe we should change the flowering again," Hana suggested.

"Oppa, where do I put this knife??" Yui said holding the knife to Kris' face.

He quickly snatched the sharp object out of his sister's hand. "Please.. don't ever grab a knife ever again." She nodded in response.

"I think the real question is 'Should I we watch Chen propose behind the counter or wait patiently all around the cafe?.." Yixing asked wiping the tables clean. 

"WHY AM I HOLDING ALL OF YOUR COATS?" Sehun yelled from underneath all the layers of clothing piled on top of him. Hyunnie giggled and dug her way through to find Sehun.

Chen sighed. "Oh dear.." He scratched his head in frustration. "Where's Suho when you need him?"

Suho came through the back room with a load of boxes that made him constantly lose his balance. He placed then down next to Chen. "Sorry it took a while, Chen, I-" he paused and looked at the chaos that was happening.

"Oh my.." Suho straightened himself up and walked in the middle of the madness. "EVERYONE!" He yelled. Everybody paused dead in their tracks. "Thank you guys for helping, but I think I can take it from here. I think you guys should just hang out in the back room until I finished preparing everything."

"No, no. You shouldn't overwork yourself, Suho, it's fine," Chen argued.

Joonmyeon placed an arm around Chen's shoulder. "You're the one who's been stressing out, son. Leave everything to me and just come up with something to say to Yezi."

"But I-"

"No buts! Now all of you! To the back room!" Joonmyeon shooed them all out.

All of them gathered in front of the back room door. They've seen Joonmyeon go there countless times, but they never knew what was in there. Baekhyun was the one who stood right in front of the door.

"Well.. aren't you going to open the door?" Kris asked.

"It looks.. sketchy.." Baekhyun replied.

"It's just a door! You shouldn't be afraid of it!" Luhan scoffed.

"But what if it's creepy in there!" Baekhyun barked back.

"Guys.. It's just a door," Chen whined as he began rubbing his temples again.

"Oh, for goodness sakes," Yui pushed the arguing older boys aside and opened the door. Seeing that the light was on, she went right in. Kris rushed to enter the room after her, fearing that she might damage something. The others followed behind. They were awestruck at such a gorgeous room. As they entered, they found a preparation table.

curiossity:  :)

"Is that writing in.. Japanese?" Kris questioned as he got closer to the chalkboard on the table.

"Yup," Baekhyun confirmed. "Wow, I didn't know Suho does delievery internationally.." Baekhyun and Kris continued glacing at the counter that held jams, jellies, marmalades, breads, etc.

"Oh lookie here, Chanyeol!" Hana exclaimed as she took her boyfriend's hand and rushed him to the window.

tumblr_llbsvra8nk1qbgl0wo1_500.png

"WAHHH, THAT'S SO COOL!" Hyunnie said from behind the couple.

"Ahjusshi is daebak!!" Yui added as the girls traced the cute drawings on the window. Hana and Chanyeol giggled at such a cute sight.

"OH MY GOSH ARE THOSE ANIMALS??" Luhan gasped. He quickly ran to the side adjacent of the room's entryway. Sehun followed him. Luhan looked up and was intrigued by the toys in front of him.

tumblr_mdr9unfVKw1rqeidho1_500.jpg

Luhan proceeded to pick one up and hug them. "They're so soft!" Luhan muffled into the animal's fur.

"It reminds me of my little cousin's bear plushie I gave to her a few weeks ago," Sehun said.

"LOOK MR. ALMOND! NEW FRIENDS!!" Yixing cheered as he brought his horse plushie to accompany the other stuffed animals.

"THEY'RE SOOOO CUTE!" Yui popped up from behind the three boys. "Kris oppa!" she yelled. "Isn't your llama at home like these?"

Kris ran to his sister to shush her, but the others were already laughing. "Yui," Kris muttered. "Never say that in public again, okay?" She nodded in agreement. "And.. Ace is an alpaca, not a llama," he added.

Chen plopped down on the couch right beside the door. He let out a huge sigh. "WHAT DO I EVEN SAY??" he flailed.

Baekhyun sat beside him on the couch. "Why don't we act out what will happen? That way you're more prepared!"

"Oh! Oh! I'll pretend to be Yezi!" Hana volunteered as she ran straight for the couch. Chen sat up and and shifted his body so that he was facing Hana.

"I'll kneel behind you, Chen," Chanyeol said as he went behind the couch. "I'll tell you what you need to say if you're speechless or anything."

"I'll go behind Hana," Baekhyun said as he moved. "Since Yezi is my sister, I'll know how she'll react, so Hana will know how to act." Hana smiled at the great idea.

"Deep breaths, oppa," Hyunnie whispered as she stood to watch the scene take place.

Chen took a deep breath and exhaled. "Um, Yezi?" Chen began.

"Yes, yeobo?" Hana asked as she fluttered her eyes.

Chen stiffened up. "Uh.. so.. we've been dating for almost six years now.."

"Uh huh.." Hana said moving closer.

"And.. I.. I .. I CAN'T DO THIS YOU GUYS!" Chen stood up in frustration and ruffled his hair. Everyone sighed.

"Was I a bad actor?" Hana frowned.

"No no. You did great," Chanyeol smiled as he kissed her forehead.

"Bro, you were doing fine! What happened?" Baekhyun asked hitting Chen's back.

"Dude, I just can't.. Just thinking about marrying your sister makes me nervous, let alone proposing to her.."

Baekhyun stood right in front of Chen and placed his hands on Chen's shoulders. "Look, Chen. I've known you for as long as I can remember. We've been friends even before you started dating my sister. If I were to choose anyone in the world to marry my sister, I'd choose you. You make her happy and she's head over heels for you." Chen looked away sheepishly. Baekhyun took Chen's face and made Chen face him. "Dude, everytime you go on a date, she think's you're going to propose.."

"Wait.. are you serious?" Chen asked to reassure.

"Yes, she says it every single time you guys go out.." Baekhyun chuckled. "Last week, when you brought her to Lotte World, she thought you were going to propose. A month ago, when you guys went ice skating, she thought you were going to bring her to the middle of the rink and propose to her. She's been waiting for you to ask." Chen blushed a bit. "It doesn't matter how you propose because she'll love every word you say to her, okay?" Chen sighed and nodded. Baekhyun brought him in for a hug. 

"Thanks, Baekhyun," Chen smiled in the bro-hug.

"As a future brother-in-law, it's my duty to make sure my sister's married to a good man, and I know she's in good hands with you."

"ALRIGHT THE CAFE IS FINISHED!" Joonmyeon shouted from the front of the cafe. "YOU GUYS CAN COME BACK OUT NOW!"

They all let out a unanimous sigh as they exited the new haven they discovered. When they all came out, they were completely astonished yet again. Each table was covered in either a white or cream colored table cloth, matching the light brown curtains that covered the windows. The tables each had a single flower in a slim and clear vase. Around the flower display were highly detailed plates and specially encarved untencils. The cafe was also dimmed a bit to add more of a romantic atmosphere. To top it off, there were scarlet rose petals scattered around the tables and on the counters.

"Whoa.." they all gasped in amazement.

Chen went up to Suho with a huge grin on his face. "This is.. amazing.."

"Really? You think so? I didn't overdo it?"

"No no! It's.. perfect," Chen grinned again as he continued examining every part of the cafe.

"Well, I'm glad you love it, Chen. I want everything to go smoothly for you tonight," Joonmyeon smiled. He motioned Chen to follow him to a far away booth so he could privately chat with him while the others continue to adore the cafe's renovation.

Joonmyeon sat down and then offered Chen the seat across from him. Chen obeyed and tried to calm his breathing.

"You seen nervous," Joonmyeon observed.

"Suho, I'm freaking out man. FREAKING OUT!" 

"But.. why?"

"Because I need to say the perfect words to Yezi so that she'll say yes!"

"Chen, there's no need to worry. I'm sure you'll be fine!"

"No no no no. But I'm a terrible speaker. I can never speak clearly. I always stutter when I'm nervous. I shake too. My hands get all figity and sometimes my thoughts just take over my mouth and I just keep rambling on and on and on about a subject that I'm not even talking about like-wow, these table cloths are so silky," Chen said as he played with the table cloth. "Wow, this is a really nice fabric.. Where'd you get it? I bet you already had these since you have everything in this cafe. I-"

"CHEN!" Joonmyeon yelled trying to bring him back into reality.

Chen shook his head and blinked. "Oh, gosh. See? This is what I was talking about. I don't think I can do this Suho. I'm going to say something stupid, and Yezi's going to hate me, and then she'll probably break out relationship and I'll be devastated for the rest of my life.."

"Chen, you're overreacting. You need to start being optimistic. You can do this. You just need to keep your calm and say words from your heart. It's not that difficult to do.."

"That's easy for you to say. You give advice to tons of people everyday!" Chen whined.

Joonmyeon thought for a moment. "Alright, Chen. Explain to me why you think my Love Cafe is the perfect place for you to propose to Yezi."

Chen gave him a confused look. "Um.. Well, first off the name itself seems like a good place to bring the girl I've loved for years to. Plus, Yezi loves to dine in small, comfortable cafes, so I'm assuming she'd love this place."

"Do you like taking her places to eat? Is it a hassle for you?"

"Oh, not at all. I love treating her out in new places. See, we both love food, so eating out is our favorite date option," Chen chuckled. "I love seeing her face light up when we enter a new restaurant. I love hearing what she has to say about the atmosphere, the service, the furniture, the interior design, everything. I can tell that she's very fond of exploring new places, which I find really cute because she can just keep going on and on about it."

"Aren't some of the places expensive though?"

"Some of them are pricey, but I'd spend any amount for Yezi. Money isn't a setback when it comes to her. In fact, when I buy her things, she complains that I spend way too much money on her. Can you believe it?"

"So, you'd spend all your money on Yezi?"

"Not ALL of it, but a majority of it." Chen took out the ring box in his pocket. "This cost me a fortune, but she eyes it everytime we pass the jewelry store." He opened the box and smiled to  himself. "It'll look great on her. I know it will."

"Why didn't you buy another ring? That one seems reallllly expensive.."

"Oh, I want the best for my Yezi. She's made such a huge impact in my life. She's the reason I smile everyday, the reason I wake up every morning, the reason why I've let go of my old ways. She changed me into the happier and more loving man I am today. I'm thankful everyday I spend with her and I'm willing to spend the rest of my life with this women. She's.. my everything."

Joonmyeon smiled. "Chen.."

"Hm?"

"That was beautiful.."

"What was..?"

Joonmyeon chuckled. "Your words. They came from your heart and you didn't even realize it. I can see that you truly love and cherish Yezi with all of your heart. I'm happy to know that your fully devoted to her." Joonmyeon eyes began to water up. "Chen.. You can do this. Just speak from your heart."

 

--

 

"Is this the place?" Jongin asked as he pulled up his car.

"The Love Cafe. Yup, this is the place.." Yezi confirmed as she jumped out of the car.

"Whoa, calm down. Breathe, Yezi, breathe!"

"Ugh, I'm just so nervous. What if he does propose? What will I even say?"

"Just.. do what your heart tells you," Jongin smiled.

Yezi looked at her outfit again. "My heart's telling me that we should head back home and I should change again."

"Okay, this is the only time you shouldn't listen to your heart. You look fineeeeeee," Jongin grabbed his best friend's arm and escorted her to the cafe's enterance door.

"But... but.. Jongin!.."

 

--

*ding ding* two customers have arrived.

--

"Good evening madam. Welcome to the Love Cafe," Joonmyeon greeted as he was fully dressed in a sleek black tuxedo.

The two customers bowed and Joonmyeon offered to take both of their coats. "I have reservations for a Ms. Byun?" Yezi nodded. "Sir, you can find sit anywhere you desire while I take Ms. Byun to her reserved table." Jongin nodded and searched for a table to sit at while Joonmyeon walked Yezi over to the table Chen was sitting at.

Chen was patiently waiting at the table, sitting in a tuxedo outfit similar to Joonmyeon's. As Yezi was clear in his sight, his heart started beating faster. Just like years ago when they met, his heart still raced whenever he saw her. He stood up and smiled as his girlfriend came forward to him smiling as well. "Evening, Beautiful," Chen greeted her. 

She giggled. "Good evening to you as well, Handsome." They smiled at each other. Chen then pulled back the chair across from where he sat, offering the seat to Yezi. She thanked him as she sat down and Chen pushed her chair closer to the table before returning to his seat.

"Good evening, how are you folks doing tonight?" a voice said walking towards their table. The two looked to see who was speaking. "My name's Baekhyun, I'll be your server tonight."

"..Baekhyun?" Yezi was puzzled.

"Yes, ma'm. Byun Baekhyun. I'll be waiting on you this evening. May I start you off with any drinks or appetizers?" The couple let out a small laugh and began ordering. Throughout the night, plates carried by Luhan, Sehun, Kris, Yixing, and Kai - who was persuaded by Baekhyun to join their act - were brought to their table as Yezi and Chen enjoyed their date at the Love Cafe.

"Is everything going alright for you too?" Baekhyun asked later on that night.

"Oh, everything's great so far," Yezi smiled as she continued eating.

"Wonderful. Now, tonight, we'd like to present you two with something?"

Yezi smiled in amazement. "Did you plan this, Chenchen?"

"Um.. of course, yeobo.." Chen smiled. He motioned Baekhyun to come towards him. "What did you guys plan??" he whispered.

"Oh, you'll see," Baekhyun winked. Suddenly, Baekhyun pulled a microphone from his back pocket. "Ladies and gentlemen, if I could have your attention please," his voice filled the cafe. "Please put your hands together for our music entertainment tonight! Yixing featuring Hyunnie and Yui~"

The couple cheered and clapped their hands as Yezi let out a 'hwaiting' cheer. Their attention was turned to the little stage that Joonmyeon had set up just to the right of the couple's table. Yixing appeared on a stool with his guitar in hand while Yui and Hyunnie were standing next to him with microphones in their hands. Hyunnie caught Yezi's attention and the two waved at each other crazily, making each other laugh. The trio performed three songs. Everyone in the cafe - the 'waiters,' the couple. and Joonmyeon - applauded when the performance ended.

"Hi, Unnie!" Hyunnie yelled into her microphone as she faced Yezi's direction. "Unnie, you're so pretty tonight. No wonder Chen oppa fell in love with you." Yezi blushed. "Unnie, you're terrific. Thank you for spending quality time with me. Especially when Oppa's too busy. Thank you for being a good friend to me. Thank you for being an older sister to me. Thank you for making Oppa happy." Hyunnie smiled as she ran off stage to bring her crying Unnie into her arms.

"Test, test," Jongin said into his microphone. "Well, hello there," he waved to Yezi who had Hyunnie in her lap. "Where do I even begin with you.. I've known you for such a long time and I've been with you practically your whole life. Thank you for being such a good friend and always looking out for me. You always bring a smile to my face, no matter how my day has been. As your best friend, I wish you nothing but happiness down the road in life," Jongin smiled as he walked off the stage to hug his best friend. Yezi began tearing up again.

"Hey, hey, don't forget me! I've known her since I was born!" Baekhyun remarked into his microphone. Everyone chuckled. "My dearest noona, you've been a pain in the . You constantly tell me that I should change my clothes and present myself nicely, nag me to do my homework every night, drag me with you everytime you go shopping.. But you're also always there for me when I need a hug, you're someone I go to when I can't rant or vent to anyone else, and you always know how to have a good time. Thank you for everything, noona. I love you," Baekhyun smiled as he saw his sister trying to control her tears. He smiled and walked over to his sister and hugged her while trying to wipe her eyes with the tablecloth, bringing a smile on her face.

"We're saving the best for last though, right?" Chen said. He looked over into Yezi's direction and smiled. "Byun Yezi.. I've known you for almost half of my life, and I've dated you for six years.. Ever since the day I met you, I knew you'd somehow impact my life. Who knew that you'd be my girlfriend?? Not me! I thought you were way out of my league!" Yezi let out a laugh. "It amazes me that someone as beautiful and caring as you ended up with me. I'm truly greatful for us being together though." Chen's breathing began to deepen. "Ever since you became my girlfriend, I tried my best to give you the best of my life. I hope I did. Without realizing it.. I think you've given me the best of your life. You were kind to me and loving to me even when I was being stubborn, or acted like Baekhyun.."

"I'm not stubborn!" Baekhyun yelled, earning a roaring laughter in the crowd.

"You showed me the bright side of things when I was sad or moody. You've shown me that life has so many things to offer. You've truly made me happy. I hope I've made you just as happy.." Chen stepped off the stage still talking into the microphone. "You've made everyday I'm living and every moment I've spent with you wonderful." He continued walking closer to Yezi, slowing his pace. "You've changed me into someone I'm pround to be. I cherish every moment I spend with you. I'm thankful for every moment I've spent with you and every moment I will spend with you." Chen stopped in front of Yezi and kneeled before her. Yezi cover with both hands. The tears in her eyes were out of her control. 

"Yezi Byun, I've gone crazy over you.. I lost my mind when you walked into my line of sight," Chen began to sing. "When I am near you, the entire world gets in slow motion.." he continued. "We argued before, cried before and can still embrace each other.. you can trust that I will love you regardless of everything else.." he wiped the tear coming from her eyes and smiled at her. "You make me turn into the world's best man. As long as I'm by your side, my life will be perfect." Chen then stood up and retrieved the small box in his back pocket and kneeled before her again. "From today on, I'll give you my all, love you dearly, and wait for you. I'll never leave you. I just want to give you my lifelong love."

Chen proceeded and opened the box, making everyone in the room gasp. The ring in the box was beautiful. It was a 24 carat gold ring. In the middle, there was a small but refined 1.01 carot diamond. Engraved on the sides, were the words "Yezi Kim."

Chen took Yezi's left hand and brought it towards him. Other than her left hand, Yezi couldn't move. She was in shock. She was surprised. She was crying her eyes out. She was smiling through it all though. She was in love.

Chen took the ring and placed it on her ring finger. "Yezi Byun, I want to make you smile like a sincere child. I want to comfort you like a friend you can depend on. I want to protect you like a loving father. I want to show you how wonderful life is just as you showed me. I want to love you for the rest of my life. Will you.. marry me?"

No words can come out of . She looked at the ring and then at Chen. She closed her eyes and smiled more and gave him a nod. "Of course, I will," she managed to speak out. Chen froze for a minute and showed her the happiest smile he's ever shown her. He helped her stand up and brought her into his warm embrace.

"And the crowd goes wild!" Baekhyun shouted as everyone cheered. Joonmyeon brought out the party box he used during Hana and Chanyeol's little celebration. He tossed tons of confetti in the air and handed out sillystring cans to everyone in the cafe. Soon, everyone was covered in sillystring and confetti. The room was filled with laughter, blessings, and beautiful memories.

After a while, the cafe began to empty out. The newly engaged couple left. Two customers satisfied. Soon, the whole place emptied out. All except for two people. Jongin and Joonmyeon.

"I appreciate the help, Jongin," Joonmyeon thanked the boy.

"Oh, it's no problem at all. It's the least I could do after all the trouble you went through to organize this.."

"Ah, it was nothing really. Just doing my job. Making food and making people happy," he smiled.

Jongin returned the smile. Suddenly, a flush from the restroom was heard. The two of them looked to see that Baekhyun was still in the cafe. Baekhyun came out and noticed that he gained both of their attention. "Sorry, am I that handsome to distract you from cleaning up?"

They all laughed as Baekhyun lended a hand as well. "Crazy night, right?" Baekhyun asked Jongin as they cleared the dishes from each table.

"You said it.. Man, I can't believe Yezi and Chen are going to get married now," Jongin added.

"I know right? I better have cute nieces and nephews.." Baekhyun joked. The two continued talking as they cleaned up the cafe. When they were finished, they bowed and thanked Joonmyeon for everything and exited.

--

"Thanks for giving me a ride home," Baekhyun gratefully said. "I totally forgot my ride already left.."

"I give you rides all the time. I'm used to it."

Baekhyun looked at Jongin and noticed that he looked rather down. From the celebration to now, Jongin seemed.. unhappy. "Are..you okay, dude?"

"Never better," Jongin lied. "Why?"

"I know when you're lying to me.. What's up?"

"Nothing's up.. I don't know what you're talking about.."

"Well, okay you don't have to talk to me if you don't want to," Baekhyun scoffed as he looked out the window. "But you shouldn't bottle those feelings up.. You should try to vent them out to SOMEBODY.."

Jongin looked at his friend and looked back at the road. "Do you know someone I can go to?"

"Oh.. I know the perfect person for the job.."

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» [[Fair warning, I put pictures in here.. They aren't mine and I'm sorry if they annoy you. I thought it would be a better visual, y'know? YES YES THE MOMENT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR. THE PROPOSAL!!1!]]

»[[I hope you all are satisfied with the proposal. ; A ; I took some lyrics from "What is Love" huhuhu that song is just so beautiful okay ;_____; why yes, kai is having love issues. WHO DO YOUUUU THINK HE'S GOING TO?

»I'm happy to update this ; w ; Thank you my subbies for staying with me through my monthly updates. I'll hopefully update more often. Until then, comments and things are always welcome~ Thank you for being patient with me //throws greasy hearts//]]