Prologue

This Little Cafe

 It Begins 

 Prologue

 

________________________________________

 

*ding ding* There goes the door, a customer just entered.

"Hello! Welcome to the Love Cafe!" he said with a smile. Joonmyeon beamed an angelic smile at the customer. It was a little girl who was bundled up in a big fluffy jacket. She scooted her way up to the counter and bowed as much as she could wrapped in many layers of clothing in front of the owner. 

"Annyeonghaseyo, ahjusshi," she stood back up and gave a warm smile. She went to the stool she usually sat at and tried to get up on her own. Joonmyeon looked at her and chuckled to himself. "Don't worry, ahjusshi, I can do it this time on my own," she said reassuring. He watched as she threw her body on the surface of the chair and frantically moved her legs in the air to get them over the seat. She stopped and tried to catch her breath. "Ah.. Ahjusshi.." He slid over the counter and lifted the little girl onto the seat. She giggled, "Thank you!"

"Don't worry, Yui, you'll be able to do it by yourself eventually," he said sliding back over the counter. "Do you want your usual?"

 "Maybe in a few days I could get up without ahjusshi's help!" she smiled moving side to side in her seat. "Yes, please! One hot chocolate with extra marshmallows!" He handed her the hot beverage in her favorite mug. The one that was pink and had two little white ducks kissing on the side. It put a smile on Yui's face to know that he always put it in this cup. Then again, she always smiled when she was at Joonmyeon's cafe. She's been going there everyday with her mom ever since she was three when it first opened. But now that her mom works more often, she goes there everyday by herself to see Mr. Kim.

She took a sip of her hot chocolate and sighed in satisfaction. "Any recent love stories today, ahjusshi?"

Joonmyeon, who was refilling the coffee machine, stopped and looked at her. "Now why are you so interested in other people's love lifes? You're only seven!"

"I come here every morning and everyday there's a new story about someone who broke up with someone or who wants to confess to someone. I've caught on, even at my young age," she replied taking another sip.

He looked at her in amazement. "You've really grown up after all these years, you know?"

"I'm aware," she giggled. "Now, any news?"

"Well, as a matter of fact, your brother came in yesterday afternoon.."

"My brother?" she said in shock. "You mean.. Kris came here?"

Although Kris and Yui lived under the same roof, they barely saw each other. It's not that they were avoiding each other, it's just that he was almost always at school or up in his room studying. They didn't hate each other,  everytime Kris had freetime, he'd spend it with Yui. They were, in fact, very close, but Kris never came to the Love Cafe. Kris wasn't much of a "love" person.. Or so everyone thinks..

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» It's short, but I think it's able to give an introduction as to what you should expect ;u;