Chapter 21.2 (Surprise!)

You Were Once Mine
Please log in to read the full chapter

texts in RED = Jiyoung POV; BLACK = AUTHOR/SULLI; GREEN = KRYSTAL

 

I got out of the car. She held my arm and grabbed it. And then we entered the airport. She keeps telling me how excited she is. I want to be happy for her because her pretty smile came back, but every time she mentions her name. The more I want to get rid of that wench.

"Jiyoung-ah! Jiyoung-ah! I can't believe this! In just a few minutes, I'm finally going to see her. How do I look?" She stood in front of me, and fixed her hair.

"You look ok." I responded.

"What do you mean by ok? Do I have something stuck on my teeth? Or do I have something on my face?"

"Ssul, you look great. You've always looked great. Calm down." I placed my hands on her face. Gosh, I want to kiss her right away. But something is stopping me..

She smiled, and then I placed my hands down. "I... I gotta go wash my hands first." I pointed to the comfort.

"Be quick, ok? They'll be here in any minute now!" She shouted to me. I nodded and quickly went inside.

As soon as I got inside, I placed both my hands under the faucet. Water started flowing, and then I wet my face. I looked at myself in the mirror. And thought what was wrong with me. Why can’t she choose me instead of her? I even saved her life 11 years ago.

I couldn’t stop myself thinking of scenarios about how I’m going to get rid of her again. I did it once, but failed. But that doesn’t mean that I can’t do it again. It’s just the beginning.

I took out 2 tissues from the tissue dispenser, and wiped my face and hands with it. I took one last gulp. I twisted the door knob slowly and pulled the door open.

I was left frozen, standing outside the comfort room. I couldn’t believe my eyes, it’s really her.

 

My heart started beating like crazy when we reached the airport. I couldn’t believe that she’s finally coming home. I’m excited to see her, how she’s been, can she remember me by the time she sees me? I hope so. I’ve been waiting for this day to come, I promise to never leave her side again.

Jiyoung and I were already inside the airport. I even got more excited and at the same time my heart beated more crazy.

"Jiyoung-ah! Jiyoung-ah! I can't believe this! In just a few minutes, I'm finally going to see her. How do I look?" I fixed my hair and stood in front of her to take a quick look on me.

"You look ok." She said bluntly.

"What do you mean by ok? Do I have something stuck on my teeth? Or do I have something on my face?" I asked her again. I know it can be annoying, but I want to look great when Krystal sees me.

"Ssul, you look great. You've always looked great. Calm down." She placed her hands on my face. I smiled then she placed her hands down. She excused herself to the comfort room. I reminded her to be quick then she left immediately.

I sighed. This is finally it. A moment of truth, there’s no more backing out.

I looked at my watch for the nth time. I sat on a bench beside me and took out a comb from my bag. I started combing my hair when the airport announcer announced the arrival of flight from Vietnam. I suddenly, not knowing, let go of the comb I was holding and stood up. I immediately rushed to the waiting area for passengers to arrive, leaving my things on the bench. I was anxious, nervous, excited, and relieved at the same time.

 

I was awakened by Detective Byun’s voice, telling me that we are about to land Incheon airport. I sat properly and rubbed my eyes. I looked outside the window, and saw the beauty of Korea. I felt as if I remembered everything. I was smiling brightly just by the site of it. But what I’m worrying about is; what will happen after I step onto Korea? Will everything come back to where it belonged? Or will I never forget?

“Put on your seatbelt, Mrs. Choi. We’re finally landing.” I did what Detective Byun told me so.

My heart’s beating so fast, I don’t know exactly what I’m feeling at this very moment. I want to run from this reality, but I can’t because I need to face this.

 

*sigh* “Where is she?” My eyes keep wandering, and then I placed my right hand on my chest, feeling my heart beat. And I tell you, it’s beating really crazy. I know it’s her, but I don’t know I just feel really nervous.

“Sulli!” ! It’s her. ! IT’S HER!

I looked to my left and saw her waving to me. Gosh, she didn’t change at all. Still that pretty cold looking gal I met years ago.

“Soojung-ah!” I shouted to her and rushed immediately to hug her.

“Oh my god. It’s really you. I couldn’t believe this. I thought I was never going to see you.” Tears started falling from my eyes.

“Sorry it took you this long to wait for me.” She whispered to my ear.

“No. You don’t have to be sorry. You’re here, that’s the important thing right now.” I hugged her even tighter. “I love you. Remember that always.”

 

We got out of the plane and went inside the airport. My heart is still beating fast. But I held on to the necklace Sulli gave me, and asked it to give me courage.

“Mrs. Choi, that is Sulli over there. Call her attention.” I looked to the direction D.Byun was pointing at.

There she is. Waiting for me. What do I do? I can’t speak up, I’m too nervous.

“Why are you stopping, Mrs. Choi?” D.Byun grabbed me by the arm.

“I can’t, let’s just go back.” I turned around.

“Krystal, look at me.” D.Byun turned me around to face him. “You can do this, okay? This is your life. You have to face it.”

“Now go and call her. She’s been waiting for you.” He lightly pushed me forward.

I had no choice. He was right. This is my life. I should face it.

So I called her, and when she turned to look at me. I waved proudly to her. She called me back and ran towards me and hugged me so tight.

I felt her love, and at the same time I felt really sorry for her.

“Oh my god. It’s really you. I couldn’t believe this. I thought I was never going to see you.” Tears were falling from her eyes

Then I whispered to her ear, “Sorry it took you this long to wait for me.”

“No. You don’t have to be sorry. You’re here, that’s the important thing right now.” She hugged me tighter, “I love you. Remember that always.”

I couldn’t respond, I couldn’t say those words to her right now. Because that’s not what I’m feeling right now. I don’t wanna rush things out, I still need time to think out everything else.

She let go of her hug and looked at me f

Please log in to read the full chapter