Chapter 15

You Were Once Mine
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Oh? hello? Mrs. Choi? I'm with you're wife right now. She really was in that accident and she had lost her memory. But I'll explain everything later, we need you here immediately. Would you want to talk--" The police paused and after awhile he placed his phone down with a shocked face.

"What did she say? Huh?"

"I don't understand..."

"WHAT?! MWORAGO?" Krystal mistakenly said in korean.

"She... I... I don't know how to say this... But Mrs. Choi wanted me to tell you that she doesn't want to see you anymore."

"Neh?" Krystal fell down on her knees.

"I'm confused also. Actually they went here earlier and she left us with some stuffs that I should give you. Hold on." The police took out the things from his drawer that Sulli left her.

"She left me a message for you. She loves you so much and misses you so badly. And she also wants you to wear this necklace the next time she sees you." The police gave it to her.

But Krystal declined it. "You're telling me to take this even though she already said she doesn't want to see me? Do you think I'm stupid?"

"Mrs. Krystal Choi, I also really don't understand the situation right now. I don't even know why she had changed her mine immediately. But let me try calling her again." The police was about to grab his phone but Krystal stopped him from doing so.

"No. And stop calling me by that name. It makes me wanna puke." Ella turned away and immediately fleed the station.

"I'm so sorry for her actions, officer." Kai bowed down to him.

"It's okay. I know she was shocked. Please leave me your number in case her wife will call again." The police gave Kai a paper and a pen. "But I'll try my very best to contact Mrs. Choi again."

"Okay, officer."

"And these things that Mrs. Choi gave me. I hope you can give it to her."

"Yes. I will surely do." Kai took the letter and the necklace, then gave his number to the officer, and walked away to follow Ella.

"Yah! Ella! Wait for me!"

"Stop following me."

"Yah! Let's talk this out." Kai finally had caught up with her then grabbed her hand.

But Ella let go of his hand. "What are we supposed to talk about?! That girl would've already left the country! She might have been tired of waiting for me that's why she doesn't want to see me again!" Ella exclaimed.

"Calm down, calm down." Kai caressed her arm. "Maybe it's all a misunderstanding, okay? Maybe Mrs.-- that Choi girl was shocked and said the wrong words."

"Maybe..." Krystal wiped her tears.

"Let's just wait for the officer's call. The girl might call again. Let's go home first." Kai placed his arm around Ella and comforted her as they walk their way home.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is just not right." The officer took out his phone again and redialled Sulli's number.

After a few rings, it was answered.

"Mrs. Choi. What were you saying just before?"

"I told you. I changed my mind. I don't ever wanna see her again."

"Ma'am your wife had amnesia after the accident, she needs you right now."

Why? Is she still there? Let me talk to her."

"She just left with some guy who was also involved in the accident as well. Mrs. Choi, as you see... Your wife, Krystal, was anticipating for you--"

"Don't ever mention that name. We'll be leaving in a few minutes. So just saying, don't ever contact this number ever again." She immediately hangs up.

"What was that?" The police puts down his phone disappointed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*text message received*

"Oh? Who could this be?" Kai checks out his phone.

This is officer Chien. I called her wife again, but I still got the same response. She doesn't want to see Krystal anymore. I'm really sorry for the bad news.

Please log in to read the full chapter