Chapter 16

You Were Once Mine
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Are you crying, Ella?"

"Ani... It's tears of joy." She wiped her tears.

"Hold this for me." She gave Kai the letter and took the necklace and wore it.

"This is pretty." She looked at the infinity symbol of the necklace.

"You're pretty." Kai whispered.

"You said something?"

"Nothing."

"Anyway, you should be thankful coz my wife complimented you."

"Oh hold on, give me that. There's actually a picture inside the envelope." Ella took out the picture.

"Is she the one with the bangs?" Kai pointed out.

"Well duhh. That's me over there. Omo, she looks really pretty. I made a good choice choosing a wife. What do you think?" Ella showed him the picture.

"I think you're prettier, still." He looked away.

But Ella only laughed, "Uou don't have to say that just coz I'm here."

"No. I'm being serious."

A sudden awkward silence. "Ahh. So, I wanted to go to the station again later. Would you accompany me?"

"Wae?"

"I wanted to get my... err... Wife's number."

"I don't think you wanna do that."

"Why?"

"Ahh.. Coz... The.. The officer told me it's confidential."

"Confidential?" Kai facepalmed himself.

"I dunno. He said... that... you should.. I mean he should wait for her call... before he can give it to you-- Anyway, you can't get her number!"

"Oh. Arasseo. You don't have to shout. I just can't wait to see her. I'll get going then?"

"Eodi? We're not done yet here. You gotta help me out."

"I gotta do something!"

"Yah Ella!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Night at the Jung's residence.

"Sulli, I want you to meet Detective Byun." Sulli shook his hand.

"He was supposed to leave for Vietnam today, but I wanted you to meet him first." Mr. Jung explained.

"Let's all sit down at the dining table. I prepared a very special dinner."

Everybody sat down.

"Sulli, where's Jiyoung?"

"She couldn't come, mom. She said she's still jetlagged."

"Oh. Okay then let's start eating and then we could discuss this matter."

Everyone was eating, but Sulli only looked at the empty chair where Krystal would always sit when they come visit her parents.

"Sulli?" Mr. Choi called her attention.

"Oh? Appa?"

"You should be eating dear. You need strength."

"Oh arasseo."

"Detective Byun here is one of my dearest friends in college. Good thing I still had contact with him. He's really a good detective, so don't worry about a thing, Ssul." Mr. Jung reassured Sulli. "We also told him every information that he has to know, like where she was last seen."

"You might think we're crazy parents that act as if we don't care about her." Mrs. Jung held her hand. "But it's just that we know Soojung is a strong girl. We know she's not in harm right now, wherever she may be--"

"Mom. Dad. Soojung may have lost her memory."

"Yes, we know dear. Sooyeon told us. I don't even know why the police hasn't still found her."

"I'm guessing she's with someone. Someone she can count on."

"Then if that's the case, that person deserves a reward."

"Do not worry about a thing, Mrs. Jung. I will do everything that I could to find Krystal." Detective Byun told them.

"I expect that from you, brother." Mr. Jung did a "bro fist" with Detective Byun.

 

After a few hours later...

"I better get going. I'll be having an early flight tomorrow."

"Don't worry, Detective Byun. Everything is settled for you there. And we will pay you after you get back."

"Oh no, it's okay. After everything you have helped me with before. This is a payback." Byun shook their hands.

"So Mr. & Mrs. Jung, Mr. & Mrs. Choi, and Sulli. Thank you for the nice evening." Detective Byun rode his car and left.

"We'll get going also." Mrs. Choi said.

Mrs. Jung hugged and pecked Mrs. Choi on her cheek. "I hope you had a good evening, Victoria."

"We sure did. Right, Khun?" Mr. Choi nodded.

"Annyeong." Sulli's parents went inside their car.

"Oh. Take care." The car left.

Sulli then turned to Mr. & Mrs. Jung. "Mom Dad. I'm still really sorry for not being able to take good care of Soojung. It's my fault, I know." Mrs. Jung immedately hugged her.

"You don't have to blame yourself over and over, Jinri. Everything has its reasons." Mrs. Jung then let go of her hug.

"Ssul." Mr. Jung patted her back. "Don't worry, okay? She'll be fine. She'll be back."

Sulli smiled. "Yea."

"I'll be leaving then, mom and dad. It's kinda late also." Sulli hugged them.

"Take care, Sulli." Sulli waved goodbye and rode her car.

As she was driving, she decided to turn on the radio to ease the silence.

"Annyeong Haseyo yeorubun! This is DJ Hwang! What a lovely night we have here right? Winter is fast approaching. Have someone you can cuddle with. Here's a romantic song requested by one of my listeners. I'm in love by Ra.D"

(

Please log in to read the full chapter