Chapter 6

Chasing Hearts

Ever since Yumi began addressing the heart throwing bunny of Infinite; oppa, the two of them got exceptionally close. It's not that Woohyun and Yumi didn't get along before but now they seem as though they've known each other all their life. Woohyun would always find himself texting and calling her when he was tired and bored even though she was around for at least 15hrs a day. For Woohyun it was as though seeing her so much still wasn't enough...

 

Just like any other day of work Yumi arrives at Woolim Ent. to sign in and have a little chat with the other staff. She laughed along with one of the receptionists since there was nothing around to do. A phone call came and interrupted their talk, Yumi stood by the reception sipping her coffee while the older lady talked to the customers. After a while the call ended but Yumi also had to go since the CEO wanted to see her at 11. Just as she was about to leave the receptionist lady asked if she would kindly help her give some papers to the CEO.

 

Yumi walked up the stairs and examined the booklet, it was stuff about the new Woolim girl group. Her high heels tapped lightly for every step she took.

"Yumi?" A familiar voice called out.

She looked up from booklet, and was surprised to see Myungsoo walking towards her. He wore casual jeans and a top but it was so cool that she couldn't stop staring.

"Stop staring at me like that" Myungsoo teased.

From that comment Yumi's face brightened.

"What are you doing here?" She asked knowing it was the members' day off. "Are the other mem- AH!!"

She screamed as she slipped, Yumi tried to catch herself but didn't want to drop the documents given to her by the reception unnie, and her thin heels didn't help her.

Just as she was about to fall Myungsoo caught her along the waist with one hand. Yumi stared at the handsome man before her, the situation looked like those love scenes from dramas. Myungsoo looked into her eyes making her blush wildly with his ever so cool expression.

The embarrassment was pretty much eating Yumi up alive she quickly broke gaze with the visual and stood up hoping to walk away. She took a step but only to realise she broke one of her heels. Myungsoo watched while Yumi fiddled with her broken heel.

"Here pass..." He took it and looked at it for a slight moment. Without another word he pulled off the broken heel.

He gestured her to give him her other one which was still on her foot. Yumi unwillingly handed it to Myungsoo. After Myungsoo left, Yumi was left walking towards the CEO office wearing her heels which were now turned into sandals.

Right after the CEO finished discussing matters with her, she couldn't wait to go home and change into a pair of normal shoes and hopefully fix her heels. Yumi closed the CEO's office door behind her and let out a sigh.

"Something bothering you?"

Yumi lifted her head and found Woohyun sitting on a chair most likely waiting to see the CEO.

"Ahh Woohyun oppa"

"You look rather short today." He said patting Yumi's head.

She looked down at her shoes and Woohyun noticed as well.

He chuckled and pinched Yumi's cheeks. "What did you do?"

"I wasn't looking and then slipped, but Myungsoo caught me."

Woohyun's eyes twitched from hearing the sudden mention of his dongsaeng, he could see the happiness radiating from Yumi's smile when she mentions Myungsoo. For some reason Woohyun could feel this strange weight on his chest...

"Woohyun?... Woohyun oppa!?" Yumi waved her hand in front of his face making him snap out of the many thoughts going through his mind.

"Ahh... Yeah sorry you were saying?"

"You should go see the CEO now, I'm going to go home now" Yumi waved to Woohyun and began walking away.

"Wait!" Woohyun said making Yumi stop in her tracks. "Wait outside for me, I won't take long"

She furrowed her eyebrows as Woohyun headed into the CEO's office. Though she didn't know what it was for she just did as told.

 

----------------

i wanted to post sooner... but the T-ara thing lately is like yeah...

hwayoung is my fav afterall so i ve been reading so many articles about it