Chapter 10

Chasing Hearts

The members were all lying and sitting on the floor exhausted from their continuous dance practice. Even though they didn't have any schedule everyone decided to stay and practice to live up to their title of 99.95% Synchronised. Yumi sat on the stool by the cd player with Woohyun leaning against her leg.

"Yumi you have mail" Goenam hyung said handing her an envelope.

"Huh? Why does it come here?" Yumi asked opening the envelope with Woohyun.

 

Dear Ms Choi Yumi

This may be very sudden, but our company would like to acknowledge your skill. As SM entertainment we are able to offer you great experience in the makeup and styling industry. We would love to have a chat with you and....

Yumi didn't bother reading on, it was obvious that the letter was asking her to work for SM. She could feel a pair of eyes staring at her.

"...You aren't gonna take the offer are you?" Woohyun asked hesitantly.

Yumi didn't reply, she kept her head down and folded up the paper hiding it away in her bag.

"Yah! Choi Yumi!?" He shouted and held onto her shoulders.

Woohyun had no idea why he was raging but the anger just erupted. The members and manager were all surprised by his actions.

Yumi looked up. Woohyun saw the tears in her eyes and immediately let go on her when the other members pulled his arm. He felt guilty making her cry and stood there awkwardly as Yumi raced out of their practice room hiding her face. Myungsoo shot him a cold look then went after her.

The others asked Woohyun what was going, but he just ignored their questions and headed out as well.

 

"Yumi?" Myungsoo sat down on the stairs opposite of their practice room where Yumi was.

"...I was offered to work for SM" Yumi whispered and hid her face under her arms.

The younger was quite calm about it compared to Woohyun.

"So you are considering it?"

"I don't know..." She sighed. "I have a farfetched dream..."

"I want to be known for my efforts, I want to be acknowledged for my skill... But... I don't know anymore."

"Noona it's normal, all of the others went through this as well. No matter what choice you make we'll support you."

Yumi looked over to Myungsoo and smiled as he patted her head. His words were surely confiding.

Woohyun watched the two's interaction from a distance. The thought of making her cry was killing him mentally. He sighed and returned back to practice.

For the rest of the day, Woohyun distanced himself from Yumi. All of others knew about the situation now but were rather supportive compared to Woohyun. Seeing Yumi and Myungsoo so close frustrated him, it was probably the fact that he was jealous.

 

"Hyung, why are you so against it?" Myungsoo asked randomly out of curiosity.

"Against what..." Woohyun knew what he was talking about but wanted to avoid the topic.

"Don't you think it's reasonable for her to chase her dream."

Woohyun didn't say a word but Myungsoo knew he was listening.

"Maybe you should let her be"

"What do you even know!?" Woohyun grabbed to L's collar but the younger male just smirked.

"Yah Woohyun what are doing!" Sunggyu shouted making Woohyun let go.

Myungsoo chuckled and fitted his shirt. "I know a lot hyung, don't forget I'm her favourite after all."

Those few words ringed in Woohyun mind continuously repeating themself. He had almost forgotten, forgotten that he wasn't her favourite, forgotten that his feelings were after all one-sided.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

story is nearly over~~~~~~~~~ :o