Chapter 1

Chasing Hearts

Yumi stood with her friends and classmates as they took a group photo all wearing graduate cloaks and hats holding onto the awards. It has been 2 years and surprisingly her course was finished. She held a bundle of flowers handed to her by the beauty teacher.

“I feel like a mother sending her children to their first day at school!” Miss Park said with watery eyes. “My favourite students are leaving me”

“You probably say that to your students every year.” Yumi replied with a bright smile as she hugged her teacher.

She hugged her friends tightly; she’s definitely going to miss them.

Yumi’s phone suddenly started ringing. She excused herself and went off to pick up the call from a private number.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Yumi shi, sorry to bother you but are you free to work from 5-9 tonight?” The familiar voice asked.

Yumi looked at the time; it was a quarter to 4.

“Umm yeah I’m.” She replied.

“Thanks Yumi shi” The man said before hanging up.

Yumi walked back to her group of graduating friends.

“Ahh I got to go now, we’ll meet up some other day” She said giving one last hug to her friends before leaving. She quickly rushed to the car park and unlocked her car. Yumi took off the cloak and hat and placed it on the passenger’s seat with her award on top before driving off to her part time job.

Yumi arrived twenty minutes before 5. The camera director explained that the makeup artist for Fridays was sick and they couldn’t find a replacement so they tried asking her but she usually didn’t work night shifts. Yumi just nodded in understanding and grabbed her makeup case and started helping the MCs with their hair and makeup.

“5 minutes till cameras start!” The director called.

Yumi has just finished and rushed off the stage so she doesn’t get in the way of guests who were arriving. On her way off she took a sheet with the performance list and studied it carefully.

“Mmm… APink, B.A.P, Dalmatian, Dal Shabet, EXO, Sistar, U-Kiss… Ahh so many stars!” Yumi tried to hide her excitement, her eyes wondered further down the page scanning through the familiar names. At the bottom of the list there was another list titled; Prerecord. Her eyes beamed as the read the band name. Infinite.

Just as she was about to look like she collided with someone nearly dropping her makeup case.

"I'm sorry!" Yumi apologised with a bow.

"It's fine." The older male replied. "Yumi ya?!"

"Goenam oppa!" Yumi was surprised to see him there though she knew he was Infinite's manager.

"You work here?"

"Yeah usually in day time though" Yumi realised the Infinite members standing behind their manager, she quickly bowed .

"Oh, well we better go and get ready for the stage." Goenam waved as the members started leaving.

 

"Hyung who was that?" Dongwoo asked as soon as they left.

"She's a close friend" Their manager answered

 

Yumi smiled and headed back to the staff waiting room. As soon as she entered the room the director gave her the schedule times for the night. She gladly took to and headed for Sistar's room as they were the first on stage.

 

After a full hour of putting on makeup for other people and styling their hair she finally got a 10minute break. The excitement she had knowing that she could be so close to idols slowly faded. Yumi sat back on the couch in the waiting room,

"Ahh, only Infinite and APink left..." She smiled to herself from the thought of being so close to Infinite, after all they were one of her top three favourites.

A knock came on the door but Yumi was too engrossed in her thoughts to notice. Goenam came into the waiting room looking as though he was expecting Yumi to be there.

Yumi had finally noticed someone entered the room and quickly gave a small bow to her friend.

 

"What brings you here suddenly Goenam oppa?" She asked gesturing him to sit down.

"I heard that you graduated, I wanted to congratulate you" Goenam said as he sat down.

Yumi smiled, "Now I'm officially a makeup artist and stylist."

"Well... I will get straight to the point then... Do you want to be Infinite's makeup artist?"

Yumi stared at Goenam without saying a word.

Goenam noticed that she didn't have much of an reaction, so he added some details trying to convince her.

"We're like looking for a new makeup artist, and since you just graduated you can take it as a full time job. Also you are around the member's age so you'll definitely get along well, plus the fact you are a fan..."

Yumi yelped and threw a hug at the manager, "Thank you Goenam oppa!"

"So am I suppose to take that as you accepted the offer?"

Before Yumi could reply someone knocked on the door telling her there time was up.