Chapter 11

Chasing Hearts

"Noona! Woohyun hyung disappeared!!" Sungjong sounded worried through the phone.

As soon as Yumi got dressed in the morning she rushed to their dorm. According to the members Woohyun disappeared while they were all sleeping.  They constantly called him but he never picked up.

"Yumi... Mianhe, it's probably because I made him mad." L apologised.

"It's okay" Yumi said with a smile and went to look for Woohyun.

"Wait noona" Myungsoo stopped her and whispered. "Hyung loved you..."

"I already know..." She smiled but even L knew that smile was fake.

She drove the car around the area hoping to spot Woohyun.

 

Woohyun stared at his phone wondering if he should pick up the call from Yumi. He stared for a long time even until the call ended he was still staring neglecting the girl who hooked her arm around his.

"Oppaaa! Are you listening to me?" She whined.

Randomly meeting this girl wasn't part if his plan when he wanted to run away for a while. He just bumped into her and she managed to convince him to pretend to be her boyfriend to get some guy away from her but now she won't get away from him. She stuck to Woohyun like gum.

"Oppa isn't it nice here?" She asked and pointed in a distance to the sparkling water.

Woohyun sighed her whiny voice was annoying him. Now he pretty much regrets his choice of running off in the night.

 

Yumi's car waited for the red lights to turn green. She gave up calling him since he didn't pick up anyways.

"Ugh... Where would that pabo go anyways..." She asked herself.

Suddenly the answer popped up in her mind Han River. Yumi quickly called the Myungsoo telling them that Woohyun might be there.

 

Woohyun walked slowly along the footpath with that chick still with him. Luckily he was wearing the usual hat and face mask since he really didn't want to be spotted with this women. In a distance he saw someone he was so familiar with. Choi Yumi...

He wanted to call out to her, but he was scared... There was no reason for him to call out to her, after all he was the one who ran away. When Yumi turned and looked at him, Woohyun's whole body tensed up. He didn't know if she knew it was him but his instincts told him to act normal and walk ahead.

 

Yumi stared straight at him, she hoped it was making him uncomfortable since the girl with him made her feel... Jealous. She stopped in the middle of the footpath and waited for Woohyun to get closer. She tried to keep a straight face but her emotions were bottling up inside her. Yumi expected Woohyun to stop by her but he kept walking at a steady pace.

She felt his shoulder brush past her.

"Are you just going to walk away..." Yumi asked as tears formed in her eyes.

Woohyun unconsciously stopped walking, he forced himself to walk away but his body wasn't listening.

"Yah! Nam Woohyun! Are you going to run away from all this?!"

The girl who clinged onto Woohyun let go, she was quite frightened with the sight of Yumi glaring at her.

Woohyun's heart was practically flying out of his chest. Suddenly the whole world felt like it only consisted of the two of them, Yumi and him.

The surround sounds disappeared, he knew Yumi was crying. He could hear her deep breathing. Slowly Woohyun decided to turn around. The first thing he noticed was her eyes. The emotion her eyes showed he couldn't tell what it was.

"If you're going to run then run now go ahead!"

Woohyun opened his mouth to speak but no words were forming.

"At least tell me you're going to leave... Then I won't have to worry about you..." 

Her words drained the strength out of him. He could swear that his heart was pounding so hard against his chest that it hurt really badly. Woohyun closed his eyes in attempt of easing the pain.

 

"Hyung!"

Woohyun turned his head seeing a blurred figure of Sungjong. He looked around searching for Yumi and spotted her walking ahead with Myungsoo patting her back. Woohyun sighed, he was mentally exhausted. All he wanted to do now was sleep...

Woohyun woke up the next day and realised Sunggyu was already gone. He walked out of his room wanting to get something to eat and noticed Myungsoo who was sitting in front of the tv eating.

He cleared his throat wanting to get the attention of the younger male. However Myungsoo was too engrossed in the show to notice. Woohyun sighed and took a sit on the floor next to L.

"Myungsoo-ah... Hyung's sorry..." Woohyun apologised awkwardly.

"What for?" Myungsoo asked turning down the volume of the tv.

"Hyung was being mean..."

Myungsoo chuckled.

"No... I'm serious, but you know I won't fight over things with you. It's just this is different."

"Hyung, I can imagine Sunggyu hyung saying that but now you said it, it makes you seem old." Myungsoo laughed and hugged Woohyun in a brotherly way.

Woohyun rested his head L's shoulder, it felt so much better getting these words off his chest.

"To be honest, I knew that would happen."

Woohyun pulled away and smiled.

Myungsoo noticed the concerned expression of Woohyun and whispered, "She probably feels the same way."