BLUSH

If I can't dance, I can't survive

Onew

‘Key . . .’ he called to the closed door. ‘Key, let me in.’ There was no sound. Whatever. Onew couldn’t deal with Key’s problems right now. Why was he being so pathetic at a time like this, poor Taemin having to deal with so much! He just didn’t understand. ‘Come on Key, or me and Jonghyun will go to the hospital without you . . .’ what should have been said with tone and emphasis just came out bleak. Onew wondered what was wrong with his self. He needed to buck up his ideas and be stronger for Taemin.

‘Don’t do anything stupid Key.’ Leaning against the closed bathroom-door, Onew tried to understand but he couldn’t, at all. What had they done to each other?

Jong’s face lit up when he saw Onew re-enter the main room but it dropped instantly when he realised Key wasn’t following behind him.  His big, brown-eyes had never sparkled like that before. What on earth had happened?

‘He wouldn’t come out?’

‘Let’s go see Taemin.’

‘You go, I’ll stay . . .’

‘I don’t think that’s best . . .’

‘Jinki, how would you know at all what is best for Key!’

‘Key is my friend, whatever you did, he is hurting right now. Come to the hospital with me. I don’t want to go alone.’

Taemin

The outing had been a disaster. Why had he bothered? All that effect, he’d tried to be positive like the doctor had said. He said that life would get better, it would get easier, it was just adjusting, and he could find a new passion. But Taemin didn’t want a new passion, he wanted to dance.

‘Jonghyun just rang,’ Minho said as he walked back into the room bearing an array of fruit and a jug of fresh milk. ‘They’re coming to visit you. . .’

‘Why not Key?’

‘He didn’t say . . .’

‘Is he okay?’

‘I’m sure he is, you can ask Onew when he gets here.’ Taemin didn’t want to speak to Onew though; he had already caused the leader too much grief. He didn’t want to be a nuisance. ‘You should talk to them both, you’ve only spoken to me and Key really, the others are worried. Have they done something . . . ?’

‘I love you and Key that’s why!’

Blurted that one out didn’t he. Minho looked up from pouring Taemin a glass a milk,  his eyes were glistening, little brown-balls of happiness. Was it because he said love? He hadn’t meant . . . he meant that . . . did he?

Jonghyun

Onew hadn’t said a word all through the journey. It had been silent. Jong had filled the time by humming the new songs, his head swaying side to side as he tapped his foot. Onew glared at him when he got too loud.

As they entered Taemin’s room, Onew changed he put a smile on but it went no deeper than his face.

‘Taemin! We brought you flowers!’ He serenaded as he jumped into the room. Why was Onew putting on such a brave face for Taemin? Everyone knew he was close to tears just at the mention of his name, how was being strong now?

‘Where is Key?’ Taemin whispered, staring directly at Minho.

‘Aish! Jonghyun and Key had an argument, as usual!’ Onew laughed, but it sounded one-dimensional. At the mention of Key’s name a blush spread across his cheeks, Jong could feel the red as it soared towards the skin. Why? Why was he blushing now? Minho saw. He narrowed his eyes and raised an eyebrow.

‘We didn’t argue . . .’ Jong denied. He didn’t mean to, but he could feel the smirk spread across his lips.

‘Ahh . . . Jonghyun, so modest, you were shouting at each other when I left to go get the flowers . . . I’ll be right back Taemin, I’m just going to get a jug for the flowers!’ Onew smiled and waved as he left, how fake . . .

‘Jonghyun,’ Minho inquired, ‘We need to talk . . .’ Minho grabbed his bicep and pulled him away from Taemin’s ears out into the corridor.

Please comment and point out,

~Character flaws

~Spelling mistakes

~Lack of puncuations

Thank you