INNOCENCE

If I can't dance, I can't survive

Onew

            The huge bouquet of roses had cost a small fortune, trust Key to find the most expensive gift to cheer Taemin up with. Hopefully they hadn’t tore each other apart as he remembered the pure anger in Jonghyun’s eyes. Key must have been right about what Taemin had said about the flowers, they did smell beautiful. Not only that, they looked so innocent and pure. Like Taemin used to look. He didn’t anymore, he was far too . . .

 

            Taemin didn’t seem like anything anymore, Onew had visited yesterday. He seemed empty. It was all his fault.

           

            No. Don’t think that now. Just take the flowers home and keep walking, keep living for the others. He was nearly home. He wouldn’t lie though, inside he was falling apart. Taemin couldn’t dance and it was all Onew’s fault. It was because of him that he had taken away Taemin’s one passion.

 

            ‘Shut up Jinki!’ He said aloud as he opened the apartment door.

 

Jong

            ‘Onew Hyung!’ Jong ran up to the leader, he knew his eyes were red from crying but what else could he do, he couldn’t hide away like Kibum was doing. ‘Key has locked himself in the bathroom and I can’t get him out.’

            ‘Why? What happened?’

           ‘Ermm . . .’ Should Onew know? No, this was private. This was between himself and Key. ‘Nothing happened, we just argued.’

            ‘What did you say?’ Onew accused.

            ‘Nothing!’ That much was true.

            ‘Stay here.’

 

            Jong nodded as Onew passed him the delicate white flowers. Their hearts reminded his of Key . . . What? The petals looked so soft, just like how Key’s skin had felt under his hands . . . No! It had been a mistake, right? He had never seen Key like that. He had never seen any guy like that. But Key kissed him first, did that mean that Kibum was in love with Jonghyun?

 

Taemin

 

            The news that the nurses would let him out was brilliant. He was given pain-killers before he left and the nurses helped him into some clothes that Key had brought in a hand luggage bag.

 

             Minho was so happy at the idea: it made Taemin slightly optimistic about everything when they left the hospital doors and fresh air hit him, Minho leaned down and ruffled his hair.

 

            ‘Alright then Taemin, where too?’

            ‘A big open park Hyung!’

            ‘It’s such a good day . . .’

            ‘Yes, it’s nice and warm . . .’

 

            They past many people, it was a strange area, there wasn’t many young girls, it was mainly middle-aged people. Perhaps that was why Minho chose this area.

 

            The park was beautiful, with a huge lake at the centre and many trees surrounding everything. A small stall sold confectionary, Minho bought him an ice-cream. It tasted so sweet upon his pink lips. Maybe, Minho had been right. Living for Minho could be pleasant, bearable. If it was just them.

 

           ‘I wonder how Key is holding up without you at home.’

            ‘I’m sure he is fine, he has Jong to focus on I guess,’ Minho laughed at . . . what Taemin had said?

            ‘Yes, I’m sure he does.’ Minho added, ‘I wonder when you’ll be allowed home, have they told you that yet?’

 

            No, that wasn’t fair. It hurt worse than any part of his body had after the accident.

            ‘Taemin?’

            A boy only a year or so younger than he was, was busking across the other side of the lake. His limbs spun as he danced. A small radio beside him, playing a familiar song.

           ‘Taemin!’

           ‘That’s Lucifer. Minho. He’s dancing my dance.’

           ‘Oh Taeminnie . . .’

           ‘Why did you bring me here Minho! Did you do this on purpose? How awful of you! Take me home, take me back to the hospital. I don’t want to be here anymore!’

 

             He didn’t mean that. Why had he said it? He hated it. He hated everything. He hated living. He would do anything to swap places with that boy. Even to dance badly is better than never at all. He hated being alive. Why hadn’t the pick-up just finished him off, rather than leave him crippled like this?

Please comment and point out,

~Character flaws

~Spelling mistakes

~Lack of puncuations

Thank you