ANGUISH

If I can't dance, I can't survive

 

Onew

He had to go see Taemin himself. No more tears behind his locked bedroom door, no more fake smiles. No more dealing with the newly forgiven Key and his new best pal Jonghyun as they grew closer than they had ever been before. None of that now, Onew needed to go see Taemin. If the boy was smiling, if there was some hope left, then Onew would keep fighting too. If not . . .

 

He left the dormitory they all shared, without even telling Key and Jonghyun, they wouldn’t have cared otherwise, locked up in their own emotions. He walked the streets of Seoul without even opening his eyes to the sights of the city. He just walked the four or so miles towards the hospital without care or attention. Onew didn’t know how long it took him, it took his long enough. But somehow, without losing his life along the way, he managed to get through the city whilst causing an accident, be attacked by fans or get lost. The hospital was in his sight.

 

As he entered the room, he saw the boy, dressed and sat limb on the sofa to the left of the clinical bed. His skin drawn taut across his face in a grimace, he didn’t look happy. This was what Onew didn’t want. Taemin’s arms were clinging around Minho’s neck, his head resting on the taller boys shoulder, they were locked in an embrace, and Minho looked as if he wouldn’t let Taemin go in fear of him falling and breaking even more than he already was.

 

‘He is sleeping. . .’

‘I need to talk to him about . . . something.’ Because that sounded legitimate, like a mother, Minho hawked himself around the fragile boy protecting him, Onew knew the love. He wasn’t that slow on the uptake.

‘He needs to rest.’

‘Please Minho, just two minutes alone.’

 

Minhounhooked Taemin’s arms from around his neck and gentle woke up the sleeping individual,

‘Taeminnie~’ He whispered with such love and care, ‘Jinki is here to see you,’

‘Onew?’ Taemin muttered, opening his eyes to look up at him. They were shining, healthy looking, the most positive thing about Taemin Onew had seen so far, perhaps it was just in sleep he looked troubled. . . hopefully.

‘I’ll be back in a bit Taemin,’ Minho kissed Taemin’s forehead and ruffled his gentle curls before walking away and out of the hospital room.

 

‘What’s up Onew?’ Taemin mused, delving straight to the point, knowing . . . Taemin had always understood Onew better than most. ‘Why are here? You don’t usual visit alone  . . .’ Even though he was only just waking up from dozing, his words were coherent, his speak was clear, just quiet. Perhaps he just had got to used to his life here that he never really fell to sleep as there was never anything good enough to wake up for. Not even Minho.

Taemin

He knew straight away something wasn’t right, the look in Onew’s eyes as he sat beside him on the sofa. It happened to be one of the only times of the day when Taemin wasn’t propped up in bed or down in the physio-therapy ward training his weakened muscles, this was his and Minho’s time. Yet here was Onew with a weak smile across his pleasant face that seemed drawn on, almost as if it wasn’t there at all.

 

‘Does it hurt still?’

‘Yes, it still hurts . . . do we have to talk about this, is this really what you need to talk about? I don’t want too Onew . . .’ He stared into Onew’s eyes, the gazed straight back, empty. Taemin reached out, grabbing Onew’s hands and pulling him down so he was sat beside the injured boy.

‘I need to know . . . if you’re ok, if you’re coping . . .’

‘I’m fine.’

‘Really, because it’s okay to blame me, it’s okay to hate me, to pass on all your pain to me, I deserve it Taemin, for what I have done to you.’

‘It was an accident.’

‘One I should have prevented.’

 

It rose in him then. This didn’t happen often, for Taemin was a good child, with a peaceful, slightly mischievous at times, but never heated or aggravated. What was wrong with Onew, did he blame himself for this? That was pathetic, truly, he did nothing. He wasn’t even there properly. Taemin knew that, Minho knew that, the other knew that, why didn’t Onew see it himself?!

 

‘You think this is all your fault? Do you?’

‘Taemin . . . please . . .’ But Taemin wouldn’t lower his voice, using his arms he pushed himself away from Onew, to other side of  the sofa away from the leader, his hair dangling into his eyes as he fought back the red tears of anger.

‘Do you not see that this fate, this life I’m now forced to lead, no dancing, no shine, it’s not for me anymore, don’t you see I deserve this through my own mistakes!’ Taemin wiped his face quickly, his wrists damp. ‘Do you not see that it was I that ran out in front of the van, not you, you didn’t force me, you didn’t encourage me. My fault, my own!’

‘Taemin, if I could give my life to save your legs I would.’ Onew lowered his head, afraid to look into Taemin’s eyes.

‘It wouldn’t even help!’

 

Taemin threw his body up, knowing the pain it would cause. He knew he wouldn’t make it to the bed only two meters away, but he had to try right now, it was the only thing to prove to stupid Onew that he was damaged and that it wasn’t his fault. He tried to move his legs forward, but the pain hit him straight away like bricks pushing up against his internal organs. He tried to step forward and it felt like his spine was being ripped out of his back as he tried to move!

 

‘TAEMIN!’ Onew dived forward, again, catching the broken boy’s body as it fell.

‘ONEW! MAKE THE PAIN STOP. PLEASE. MAKE IT STOP. PLEASE. I JUST WANT TO DANCE. I JUST WANT TO BE NORMAL!’

‘MINHO! I NEED A NURSE! SOMEONE!’

 

Everything was burning, and then everything went white hot and then it went black. 

 

 

Thank you for reading, sorry it took so long to update!

I will try and update at least once a week . . . exam pressure is starting to bare down D:

Please comment and tell me what you think {and point out}

~Character flaws

~Spelling mistakes

~Lack of puncuations

Thank you again!