PRETENCE

If I can't dance, I can't survive

Key

What was he meant to do now? He couldn’t hide any longer. He knew, he knew! How could he stay here, in this house with him, when he knew! That stupid idiot ruined everything. Key loved SHINee, he loved the members, he loved the attention and the lifestyle. But he loved Jonghyun too much, he always had. But at the time he could dismiss it, because Jonghyun just went about his life and Key went out about his own life.

Jonghyun knew.

Key sat in the bath, his arms wrapped around knees, fully clothed. The shower was , luke warm water shattered across the plains of his shoulders and it made him feel cold, his tee-shirt stuck to his skin, he jeans were soaked. His make-up ran in rivets down his face.

They had gone and he had sat here for hours. They would be home soon. What would he do? The water was getting colder and colder. Should he tell everyone and leave? Lose everything that had ever mattered to him, his lifestyle, his friends, and his career? Or pretend? Nothing happened. No matter what Jonghyun says or does. Yes.

Pretend it never happened.

If Jonghyun said anything, laugh it off. If he questioned Key normality say nothing was wrong, nothing had happened. Nothing had happened. No, that was a lie. He had kissed him. Of all the dreams, all the times Jong had flirted on stage and kissed his cheek, all the times he played up to the camera with Key. It was just fake for him yet so real for Key. But that kiss . . . that had been a two-way thing.

No, never ever think that. Jonghyun was as straight as a pole. Though Key was feminine he wasn’t quite that feminine. Jong would never see past that, he would never see that they could be perfect together, if Jong wouldn’t always push Key away. That was a lie. Key pushed Jong away, but he couldn’t bare to have it any other way.

What the hell would he say when he came back in and see Key’s face?

What the hell could he say?

Key couldn’t lose everything now though. He wouldn’t let Jonghyun ruin this, Key thought as he climbed out of the shower and turned it off, stripped down to bare skin before wrapping himself in a towel. Now, what would he cook them both for dinner?

Taemin

Onew wasn’t smiling any more, he stopped smiling quite quickly after visiting him, about ten minutes in his smiles and giggles were replaced by silence and a gaze that went straight down to the floor. Poor Onew, he was blaming himself. Onew Hyung! Taemin wanted to call out, Please don’t! But even if he said it, Taemin knew Onew wouldn’t believe it.

Minho and Jonghyun had come back into the room looked uncomfortable. No wonder why really, but it took the re-entrance of Onew to get them chatty again, Jonghyun even started laughing and smiling again instead of glaring at Minho in a sulking fashion.

Taemin sat up in his bed in silence, as much as he loved the band and its members, he wanted to be alone with Minho. He wanted Minho to sit beside him and his hair, to feel Minho’s fingertips as they brushed past the skin of his neck and the tips of his ears. He watched as the taller one sat in his usual chair by Taemin’s hospital bed, his eyes darted from a talking Jonghyun to a reserved Taemin. Minho’s brown eyes kept gazing straight at him. They were beautiful. More than Taemin could bare.

Minho was everything. He had heard what Minho had said, in love, it echoed like a chiming clock tower at winter in winter. It was beautiful. Minho was the one person, the only person Taemin adored. When he was younger, first in the band, they would all watch films together, and he would sit beside Minho, his shoulder acting as a pillow for Taemin’s head, his arms wrapped around Taemin’s waist. He would see lovers, and watch them fight to be together. That was what he always wanted, he wanted Minho.

More than that. He wanted it to be him and Minho. He wanted a life where they were there only for each other. Where Taemin could hug Minho, hold him whilst he fell asleep at night, and then when his eyes were closed, kiss his lips just gently. Pressing his lips gently, so gently to Minho’s.

‘Why are you blushing Taeminnie-?’ Jonghyun cried, but Taemin just smiled and reached out for Minho to hold his hand.

‘Perhaps it’s time you guys went, I think Taemin is tired now.’ Minho muttered, taking hold of Taemin’s hand and squeezing it gently.

They all exchanged hugs and farewells, but it was this time alone now with Minho that Taemin wanted the most.

 

Please comment and point out,

~Character flaws

~Spelling mistakes

~Lack of puncuations

Thank you