The Nudger

Love at first sight?

 

"Umma," The little voice called out as I sighed for the millionth time. 

"Ah!" I snapped out of my thoughts as I heard the little one. "I'm sorry for spacing out baby." I paused a moment or two and then refocused my thoughts on the little one on my computer screen. 

"It's okay." He frowned. 

"How's school lately?" I asked him as he started rambling on things happening in school. He showed me the latest art pieces he drew in class and the latest song he learnt on the piano and the violin. I smiled listened to the piece earnestly. 

 

Ever since he was six, my nudger started attending an international school in Singapore where my aunt was at. It was to give my child a better education and to give myself a chance to start anew, according to my family. But he's my nudger, why can't anyone understand that he keeps me going in life? 

 

"Why don't you take some time off away from the mess and go see him? I bet he misses you." My oppa's voice rang from behind. I turned around as I heard my little one calling out to his beloved samcheon.

"Samcheon!" The little one called out as he waved with all his might. 

"Yah oppa! You ticked me off cause Woohyun oppa was missing the schedule yet you are here and not at your schedule!" I sort of told him off. 

"Aigoo. Minwoo ah, tell your umma she's going to be older if she continues to scold me." He pouted at the screen as he back hugged me from behind. 

"Oppa!" I whined as Minwoo's giggle rang aloud. 

 

"Umma, why have you been on the news lately? With this guy Jaejoong?" The curious voice asked me. I smiled meekly at him in return. 

"He's just a working partner baby. Nothing to worry about ok?" I told him as i reached out to caress his face on the screen.

"Arasso umma. I have to go for my dance classes now! Talk to you again soon!" He said as he waved goodbye and gave me a kiss through the camera.

 

"Be good neh! Don't give auntie too much trouble ok?" I told him as he nodded his head. "Bye baby! Umma loves you!" I said and I gave him a flying kiss in return. I switched off my laptop as I leaned back with my head touching my oppa's stomach. 

 

"Fans are going to kill you for leaning on the one and only Kim Myung Soo's stomach." He said conceitedly. I gave him a slight punch in his stomach in return. 

"Go for your schedule oppa!" I told him off wanting some time alone for myself. 

"Go get a plane ticket neh?" He told me before leaving. "And oppa is sorry for screaming at you earlier, you know I don't mean it." He said again to me. 

"Annyeong oppa!" I told him chasing him away. He gave me a warm hug and a kiss on my forehead before leaving me with my thoughts. 

 

It would be nice if you could drop by the company for a meeting. I have sent a car to pick you up. - Jaejoong

 

The message played repeatedly in my mind as I picked out my outfit of the day. A honk blared loudly from the side walk and I grabbed my purse and ran down the flight of steps. I stopped my the window and peeped out to make sure that there were no screaming fans. 

 

"What do you want now?" I pushed opened the door harshly and raised my voice not knowing that there were other guests in the room. I was shocked when I saw a few people sitting around the huge meeting table. I bowed awkwardly as i settled down into a seat nearest to the door, for me to runaway if there's a need to.

 

Jaejoong started the meeting with seriousness as he went through the different schedules and trainings that have been arranged for me. On top of that he introduced a petite young lady, whom is said to be my manager. Along with her is a male stylist and a female coordinator. I didn't exactly understand what was happening but I made a mental note to read through all the details provided to me, when I find the time to.

 

"Uhm Jaejoong?" I called out meekly after the whole meeting. He gave me a cheesy smile and walked towards me. "I have to tell you something." I told him as I looked around the meeting room. There were still a few staffs around discussing about the upcoming schedules and I really want to tell him about it, in private. 

 

"Let's have dinner then." He said giving me his oh so famous smile. "I know somewhere nice." I hesitated for a moment or two, sighed and nodded my head. 

 

It was a nice cozy cafe tucked away from the crowd. It was a place that you could run away from the reality. It would be nice if I had my book with me. I'd definitely be able to sit by the window and read the whole day. We settled down by the back garden of the cafe. 

 

"Do you have any preferences or allergies?" He asked meticulously while flipping through the menu.

"I'm okay with anything." I smiled looking at the drinks page. "But can I have a Caramel cookie milkshake?" 

 

Jaejoong nodded his head while giving the waiter special instructions on our food. 

 

"So… What did you want to tell me?" He asked. 

"I…I have…" 

 

***

Been telling myself I have to update the story and finally got some time off work to do it. I hope the chapter doesn't disappoints you though. 

Leave some comments for me aye?