Chapter Nine

Mysterious Friendship

I woke up in the morning to see Changjo had made his way from his end of the bed to taking up the little space left next to me. He was pretending to be asleep since he has already told me that he doesn't sleep.
"Personal space!" I shouted, hopping out of bed and away from him.
Changjo opened his eyes and sat up on the bed.
"Finally, your up," he rejoiced as he ignored the fact I was mad.
"You can't just do that," I told him. 
"Relax. I was only like that for no more than 10 minutes."
I decided not to let it ruin my day. For today I would be going on a date with Chunji. 
Exiting my room, I joined my mom in eating breakfast.
"Tell whoever you were on the phone with last night that they better not keep you up on school nights," my mom told me. 
I almost chocked on my orange juice when she told me that.
"You heard me last night?" I asked. 
"Not enough to know what you were saying but I heard you."
I promised my mom I would tell the person and then hurried to finish my breakfast. I took a shower and got ready for my date with Chunji. He text me saying he would pick me up for lunch and then all I had to do was wait. 
"Two dates in one weekend," Changjo commented.
I rolled my eyes and tried to ignore him. But he continued.
"What do you think Ricky will think when he hears you went out with Chunji? And when Chunji hears you had dinner with Ricky right after you agreed to go out with him."
"Enough," I told Changjo. "Chunji will understand that it was just dinner. And Ricky will have to understand that I don't like him like that."
Lunch time wasn't coming fast enough for me. Not only did I want to go on this date. I wanted to get away from Changjo as well.
"Promise me you won't ruin my date," I said.
"I'm sorry but I can't make that promise. Though I promise to try not to."
He better try hard. 
I heard my mom call me and I went out to see Chunji standing next to my  mom. 
"Oh, hi," I said.
"Hey," he said smiling at me, "ready to go?"
I nodded and he grabbed my hand, leaving me with a huge grin. My mom squealed like a little girl as she commented on how cute the two of us were.
"You look cute," Chunji told me as we headed down the street.
I felt myself blush as I mumbled something close to a thanks. 
"So where are we going?" I asked him.
"There is this place down by where Ricky lives that has some of the best food."
The place he was talking about turned out to be the same from last night with Ricky. I decided against telling Chunji I'd just been here and enjoyed our date. 
"So what do you think of the food?" Chunji asked as we were eating.
"Amazing!" I exclaimed. 
"I'm glad that you're enjoying the food. Next we will be going to go for a walk in the park."
We finished our food and made our way to the park. To be walking beside him, holding his hand, made me so happy! This was my first date. 
"So does your mom know about this date?" I asked him. 
"If she did, you'd see her lurking in the trees."
I looked around to confirm she indeed was not hiding anyway. 
"Then what did you tell her?"
"That I was having lunch with a friend. I've now learned that I have to keep all relationships hidden until I move out."
The two of us continued to talk as we took a stroll around the park. We discussed things we liked. Things we disliked. Chunji brought up that question that is oh so cliché now. Werewolves or vampires. I was a werewolf girl. 
We soon headed back to my house where my mom was eagerly waiting my return. I told her I'd talk to her later and brought Chunji back into my room. Changjo was already there on my bed and almost scared me. 
"Just end the date," Changjo said.
I gave him a look telling him to get out of here. Changjo reluctantly left and Chunji and I sat on the floor in front of my bed. 
"We can do this next weekend right?" Chunji asked.
"Defenitely," I told him.